It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About God And The World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I thought I provide a long and a short version of the story, if you see *text* that's details, background information about me and stuff.
But I am really interested in your opinion experience what have you.
So what are we talking?

The last few years have been life changing and extremely weird. Before I believed in a god, more the esoteric version, a world spirit. I believed conspiracy theories are entertaining but ...come on it can't be. Also had an aliens might be out there but if we would have made contact they'd let us know.
All of that has changed I'm in a state of utter and absolute bias free stasis. Which means I don't believe anything is the truth per se, but all of the stories even the wildest ones are equally possible.

*so what does a smart lady do? Reset to the last point where the world still made sense. The problem the new me has with this is: I believed in magic, god and love. Now I still do, but it has become relative, I am constantly thinking "like that but different" with all the big mysteries.
Magic could be the written word. God could be a different word for a collective subconscious mind communication. Love could be just hormones to make us procreate and nothing more.*

Point is a few of the things I can agree on with myself are pretty far out. In my world
Clubs like masons did save a few bits of real ancient, hermetic and alchemistic knowledge
Society is made up of groups of interests among others globalist, one world government people
Zigzagging weird fast lights in the sky are real, I call them UFO
Some humans here on Earth have access to technology the public doesn't know about
Most of ancient aliens is crap, but if you tie it all together, real weird artifacts, written history and religion, our assessment of the past on our planet is just wrong *and there is not a single theory or story which comes even close to reality*

*"The phenomenon" is very real and with us forever since always. But that's still not what I want to talk about.*

What I would really appreciate is what are your beliefs? How do you deal with them? Please keep this judgement free and civil, or at least funny

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Don't believe any story (belief) and then there will be nothing to deal with.
What is IS and that's that!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Truth is stranger than fiction. After one realizes that almost everything we've ever been taught has been done so with the intent of mass social manipulation--to have us believe what those in positions of power would have us believe, with no regard for truth but only the acquisition of more power--it leaves one wondering if anything is true or real at all.

When one gets to that point, you simply have a choice to make--what do I want to believe? What will bring happiness and joy to myself and those I love? What beliefs will foster a manner of living that will make the world a better place?

If everything is potentially nonsense (including atheism), then why not God? The idea is laughed off as absurd by academic egoists who spend their lives purporting theories of reality that are just as ludicrous as those they ridicule.

When you're fed nothing but bulls# from every direction, I say pick something and run with it--preferably something that instills in you the desire to make yourself a more compassionate person to those around you.

originally posted by: Peeple

God could be a different word for a collective subconscious mind communication.

Stop being afraid of the word "God". Use it, and don't water it down with new-age tripe. The people who understand will understand, and those who don't won't.
edit on 1/22/17 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Thank you that's exactly the kind of response I was hoping for.
I am really not stuck on labels, the problem with using big words is just they don't explain anything. You say god but what does it really mean?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
You say god but what does it really mean?

There is only what is so God must be this.
What is cannot be grasped or denied or named.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

What I would really appreciate is what are your beliefs? How do you deal with them?

My belief is there is no God , look around you for evidence of absence.
I deal with that fact just fine , we are the instigators of our own downfall and no God or Alien intervention will save us.

edit on 22-1-2017 by gortex because: Too gloomy

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

What I would really appreciate is what are your beliefs? How do you deal with them?

My belief is there is no God , look around you for evidence of absence.

What is looking though?
Look for that which is looking - can that be found?
What is said to be all 'seeing'?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Well it's not only about god. What far out theories do you believe to be true?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Why is there any need for beliefs? Why believe any story that arises?
That which knows the arising does not need believing.

edit on 22-1-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I believe there is more to existence than we know , there is a reason for the Universe / Multiverse and we probably wouldn't understand it if it slapped us in the face.

I don't rule out a creator of the Universe / Multiverse but believe we would be a consequence of its creation , not the reason for its creation as are the bacteria that live in nuclear reactors we create.

I don't have any answers only questions but in my 50 years on this planet I've seen no evidence for the existence of any God other than the Gods of money and greed , and they were very much created by us.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
I deal with that fact just fine , we are the instigators of our own downfall and no God or Alien intervention will save us , either we shape up or ship out and take every living thing on this planet with us.

This is a misconception - you are just witnessing the show. 'You' do not need saving - 'you' were never born so will never die.
That which appears is just constantly changing - 'you' have nothing to do with what is appearing - it is just like going to the cinema - 'you' have no control over what appears on the screen.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Why is there any need for beliefs? Why believe any story that arises?
That which knows the arising does not need believing.

Plenty of need for belief.

Even science needs belief. How else do you arrive at theory to be tested to see if it might be true? Someone at some point had to arrive at a belief about how something might work.

edit on 22-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You say god but what does it really mean?
We could run around all day until the cows come home and still not have a perfect definition .See the problem arises when a fallible creature such as man tries to define a perfect God he will fall short . I think to understand God better we have to start with a God of Love . It sucks that we English people only have that one word (Love) ..Go look at the 6 Greek words for Love and keep that in the back of your mind ....

He (God) is ultimately the Creator God .We have a tendency to re-arrange the stuff He made and think that we actually created like God and that is just a clue as to how we image Him .We have a creative mind . I am sure if you go through some of the main attributes of God you can find a image for that within man kind .

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Science does not work like that, it starts with evidence, some observation about a phenomena, then you give an hypothesis about how it works, you gatter more data to make a model that explains what was observed, and if the model don't have evident flaws it is considered an explanation of the phenomena until a better explanation is provided based on new evidence.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I believe that the knowledge of what came before we were 'born' into this reality and what comes after, is not possible while we are still alive. There are the observable rules of this reality that dictate what is possible while we draw breath here on earth and those realities or archetypes were adopted into religion.
edit on 22-1-2017 by ClovenSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What if God angels UFOs ghosts ...are all one and the same thing?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The church loved that kind of things, this "indescribable" excuse, a mystery not meant to be understood but believed.
I'm somehow much more modern and I like to assume we can figure out whatever we want.
If only half the stuff about this god person is true, what he can do and knows everything etc. that sounds worthwhile further exploration, right?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Science does not work like that, it starts with evidence, some observation about a phenomena, then you give an hypothesis about how it works, you gatter more data to make a model that explains what was observed, and if the model don't have evident flaws it is considered an explanation of the phenomena until a better explanation is provided based on new evidence.

Yes, but at its base, a hypothesis is still a belief because you do not truly know. You can only guess, an educated guess at best, but still a guess and it takes belief/lack of belief to follow through and see the process to its conclusion.

In fact, one of the big problems in science is confirmation bias where the scientist in question believes so strongly in his or her hypothesis that even though the experiment and its data don't necessarily show the hypothesis to be true, they find a way to justify the results and make them support the hypothesis anyway.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Peer review don't allow that.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Using words like wont and can't in the same sentence with God is probably not a good plan .We have limited data and are limited as to how to understand that data . Mike Heiser is a very good source for Biblical studies . His work also brings in much of the surrounding data to his lectures and is very careful with the original languages . This one vid stood out for me as like most Christians are either not sure or divided about scripture . Well worth the time to watch and consider www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join