It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something's Off - Blooming Flowers Michigan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

I have had lady bugs in my house all winter, last winter too, and the one before...

I have seen live lady bugs, thousands of live and active ones under a dark colored piece of metal that got hot from the sun in a foot of snow in -20 degree weather in the dead of winter.

I think a lot of people spend too much time in front of the TV, or driving around in their silly ass vehicles and are becoming disconnected with their environment.

And then we have here....

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
But remember El Nino , La Nina and all those other Spanish words that I have no clue as to what they mean in relation to weather

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Yes!

If this happens year after year, for maybe four or five years or starts ramping up to where we never see any freezing at all, then I start to wonder.

You think this is the first year? Where have you been?

Living through several pretty normal years.

There will always be years where the weather during this or that time of year is off, either warmer of colder, wetter or dryer, than normal.

But just having one of those years doesn't make it a trend especially if the year that follows is either normal or swerves the other way.

Sorry, my alarm bells are not set off by just a single outlier year in one direction. You need to get me several of them in a row before I start to think things are off.

Give me a repeat of the Dust Bowl '30s and I might think we have a problem, but we haven't had that.

Oh, I forgot, another one of those, "the weather in my neighborhood is fine, so the rest of the world must be too." The trend is global! Temperatures are warming, oceans are dying, weather is freakish, etc.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
a reply to: Rezlooper

I had lady bugs in my house this week too.

Thought it was just a fluk.

Shame about the trails. It started out good. This last weekend all the hotels were full in Minocqua.

Ice fishing has been good where I'm at.

The main trail through the area runs along side one of our property lines and it wasn't until last weeks snowfall that the trail finally got busy, and just as fast... it's lifeless now. The trail is muddy with very little remnants of snow. They are predicting some snow on Tuesday night into Wednesday for our region, so let's hope.

The ice is still good over here too, but this keeps up, I'm not sure how much longer.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I had to check and OH GOOD LORD! Lake Erie is still mostly wide open and ice free!

Lake effect snow here we go! Looks like I'm just one good cold snap away from wishing I could use chains to get to work and a "French Toast Festival".

So reseeding the lawn is still a ways away?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

I have had lady bugs in my house all winter, last winter too, and the one before...

I have seen live lady bugs, thousands of live and active ones under a dark colored piece of metal that got hot from the sun in a foot of snow in -20 degree weather in the dead of winter.

Pics or it didn't happen

(post by MyHappyDogShiner removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

a reply to: RezlooperSNIPPED

Sorry, but I just don't believe you saw ladybugs outside in -20 degree temps. I don't care how much sun hit that piece of metal, that's some extremely cold temps and underneath that metal would be absolutely frozen.
edit on 21-1-2017 by DrumsRfun because: Snipped ill mannered quote

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Ohio checking in. The winter we're having this year is more like Tennessee than Ohio. (Which is totally fine with me from a personal POV. The older I get, the less I like Winter).

Grass is greening. My rosebush's canes are still growing, but normally are truly dormant right now. Our ground has been frozen for maybe 14 days total so far, and those not consecutive days. Small rivers and creeks that are normally frozen over are still running free.

There's good and bad. Beware the Ides of March indeed.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Working in my yard today and noticed all of my trees have buds. Oak, Plum, Cherry...everything.
Winter hasn't hit us yet in Northwest Arkansas. The bugs are out in droves as well!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Is that you Ed pushing your tulipbloomer thingy

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I have been seeing what I thought were lady-bugs recently.
Turns out they are Asian beetles.
They look just like a lady-bug.
They are little bastards.
They will crawl into a dogs mouth and cling to the roof.
edit on 22-1-2017 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yeah something is off. It's snowing in the Sahara right now. www.independent.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join