It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rewilders Introduce Feral Pigs Then Hide When They Ravage Britain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Doh ya beat me to it

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: butcherguy

There must be some powerful propaganda going on, we hear this so many times.

This is a selection of the guns for sale here and now. www.guntrader.uk...

I was just kidding.
That is why I put the winky eye smiley face on that post.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Ah, I understand.

My local gun club has a cannon. Bit heavy to carry through the forest.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Just had a look at some of the crossbows and what ever available and theres some serious stopping power available and they start from quite cheap and go up to the how f***ing much and its funny i can have an air rifle with 12ft pound of pew or i can basically have around 300ft/lbs of crossbow....if i'm going hunting for porky pig then I know what i'll use

The main advantage of the bow in the UK as theres no need to wake up the police for a firearms license but do remember don't carry it loaded down the local highstreet as that will wake them up and they're grumpy when woken up

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

In the US, we have a greater, similar problem with the wild hogs tearing up anything that has sustenance for them.

I call them Democrats here. To understand your version of them, I suggest you also name them after a political party.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Just be careful out there. They can grow really large.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

There's a reason why boar hunting was such a dangerous sport in the medieval days.

I've seen people hunt them with dogs wearing wearing what looks like kevlar body armor to help keep them from getting gored.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Hear that quite regularly here in New Zealand as well...

Yet the reality is I likely have more firepower in my cabinets than most of the people who tell me how supposedly 'unarmed' my country is.
Yes there are strict conditions around certain types of firearms - and it's quite (and I totally agree it should be) an indepth and lengthy process to obtain the more restricted firearms licencing categories...but once you obtain those licence categories then it's not too difficult.

Only real difficulty is the pricing. We pay crazy amounts for what people in the US can pick up relatively cheaply.

But - on the topic of feral pigs and rewilding...yeah...possums and rabbits were once thought to have been a great idea to introduce into NZ...as a farmer, yeah not so much now...

Do hope a focused culling approach is undertaken over there.

edit on 18-1-2017 by alien because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join