It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange agrees to return to the US for prosecution

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Well this is interesting, it looks like we will have a huge story developing here, and something to capture the news media...

While I don't know why he picked manning, a traitor , instead of Snowden

This should be an interesting year indeed

Last year, the editor-in-chief of Wikileaks Julian Assange made the promise that if Bradley - now known as Chelsea - Manning was pardoned, then he would agree to come to the United States to serve time in prison.

It would appear that Wikileaks is already gearing up for a prolonged court battle, as they have also tweeted out a defense fund that has been created for Assange in case of such an event as this one.

Source

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Which is the only thing that would explain the commutation of Manning.

The US is going to eat Assange alive.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Are there charges pending against him. I keep thinking why. What for. I do not believe there are currently any charges against him and I don't think there is an extradition order in place either.
Correct me please.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I know that he's wanted in Sweden for rape charges, not so sure about the USA

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I have to point out that there is a very big difference between a commutation and a pardon. Mr Assange said he would come to the United States to go to court, he did not say he would go directly to jail and be happy enough with that. Thats bogus as far as I am aware.

Now... A commutation is not a pardon. A commutation merely releases a prisoner, before the term laid down by the sentencing in their case has elapsed. It does not wipe out their criminal record, it does not absolve them of criminal responsibility in a matter, they are still considered to have committed a crime, but are merely given back their liberty.

A pardon is literally a full wipe out. Not only is ones liberty returned to one, but further to that, one is considered from the moment of issue, not guilty of whatever charge one may have been convicted of. It not only overturns the guilty verdict which placed the individual in jail, but the trial entire, and from that moment of pardoning onward, the individual must be treated as any other law abiding citizen, for they will have no criminal record relating to the pardoned offence, meaning that anything they could have done before, which might rely on a clean record, they may do now.

Assange did not say that if Mannings sentence was commuted, he would make himself available to the US government. He said if Manning was PARDONED he would make himself available to the US government. Those are two very different things.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Also there are two threads open on this already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Not sure the US will eat him alive.......according to Steve Pieczenik, Assange was leaked information from Podesta's emails and given the information on Wieners laptop by the US intelligence services themselves to stop the stinking carcass of Clinton blagging her way into the Whitehouse.

May well be a different kettle of fish with Trump sat on the throne.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

That's what I know for sure too. He's hiding from Swedish LE not U.S.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

From the article

As TheBlaze has reported earlier, Chelsea Manning's sentence has been commuted by President Barack Obama, and now it seems that Assange is going to stick by his word.

For what it's worth clearly a difference but how it will pan out I don't know

edit on 1/18/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Technically those are WHAT IFS

This is confimed new developments this came out this am
edit on 1/18/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Not sure the US will eat him alive.......according to Steve Pieczenik, Assange was leaked information from Podesta's emails and given the information on Wieners laptop by the US intelligence services themselves to stop the stinking carcass of Clinton blagging her way into the Whitehouse.

May well be a different kettle of fish with Trump sat on the throne.

When in fact it was Seth Rich who leaked the emails before he was shot in the back of the head.

I would take anything a PsyOps officer say with a huge grain of salt.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

YEAH SURE.
Goes right along with the Russians didn't leak to Assange.
They did.
The US IC didn't leak info to wikileaks or anyone else.
Put down the koolaid and step away from the glass.
edit on 1182017 by Sillyolme because: Because auto correct knew Wikipedia but not wikileaks

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

That's not any more correct than the post you responded to.
Conspiracies. With no proof at all.
No there isn't..

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Because Assange has a heart, Manning was not so much a traitor as a whistle blower but yes he did Betray his country and jeapardize live's however he did so as an act of conscience, he was as we now know also a vulnerable individual and whether it was right or wrong for him his sex change show's that as a person he was also struggling with who he himself/herself was.

Assange is NOT the evil man that his enemy's want to portray him as and there action against him is seen by the whole world as a state bullying an individual and also a state censoring the media on an international level, overstepping there bound's indeed and showing a very bullying attitude, while other state's may in bulk be no different the fact this is the US a country were free speech is part of there founding principle is a notable fact to the bulk of the world (ordinary people) and has indeed made the CIA and other intelligence services of the US which we all once saw as the good guy's appear now to be very bad guy's indeed, in fact worse than even the KGB were as at least they were acting within there mandate.

All that will happen now is that Assange will become a martyr to free speech and will go down in history as such, if he is jailed this will also mark an end to the US founding principle of free speech which of course has long be trodden down but this will make it official and rubber stamp it marking the US as a state under a very dangerous regime in the eye's of the world.

I by the way am British, have a long love of the US for there action's on our behalf but despair over what has happened to it in my lifetime of 47 years as a nation going from a country of patriotic and mostly friendly souls to one of utter division, intelligence spying and almost secret police activity with a downward spiral to Fema Camp's, CIA (Or black op's masquerading under the CIA banner) mind control program's intended to be used on the US own citizen's and state sanctioned foreign kidnapping, detention without trial and attack's on even democratically elected foreign government's as well as on the freedom of the press (Even when they are reporting fact's - the most dangerous poison to any state run by liar's (just like my own government) - fact's, wasn't it one of Hitler's propaganda ministers whom noted that you had to keep lying to the public to string them along and get them to do what you wanted them to do and to accept the pill you wanted to give them.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The case the US have on him is weak at best. If they try to push too hard to convict him for something like espionage, it might back fire on the TPTB. If the public believes that his trial are not conducted fairly there could be mass protests or worst.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Rosinitiate

That's not any more correct than the post you responded to.
Conspiracies. With no proof at all.
No there isn't..

There is a lot more circumstantial evidence for it being Seth Rich then Russia silly 'ol you.

link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Sillyolme

I know that he's wanted in Sweden for rape charges, not so sure about the USA

The Rape Charge was a set up, false and only because Sweden had agreed to extradite him to the US whom want to charge him with Espionage (For reporting he fact's and acting as a free speech patron of free press that Government's around the world do not want there people to know).

link   
If Assange is forced to testify at trial and name his source for the DNC leaks & the Podesta emails, and it's not the Russians, he is going to destroy the leftist infiltrated Intelligence Community and delegitimize Obama in one fell swoop.

Not to mention a fitting coup de grace to the Democratic party.

Somebody in another thread said this was Obama calling Assange's bluff when it's really more like the other way around.

edit on 1/18/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The US has probably promised protection if he gives up the goods on who all was feeding him information, I imagine there was a near miss attempt on his life that has convinced him doing so and entering witness protection is far preferable to being a martyr.

Just my 2 cps worth..

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Which mean's he will probably conveniently kill himself or have a heart attack/stroke while in US custody.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join