It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange would agree to extradition if Obama pardons Chelsea Manning, WikiLeaks says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

WikiLeaks said Thursday that its founder Julian Assange will agree to be extradited to the U.S. if President Barack Obama grants clemency to Chelsea Manning.

Fox news

I certainly hope Assange will fare better under Trump than I believe he would have under Obama. I think he did the citizens of this country a favor. There is more that needs to be exposed.

Next up we would need a pardon for Snowden. Another true patriot that exposed many lies that people scoffed at as conspiracy nonsense. We need this information and the government, even under the most transparent administration in history, surely won't provide it.

edit on 1/17/17 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

already been covered on ATS - but hey :

why is mr assange in the ecuador embassy again ?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Well, ATS search funtion and all. The news at this point is the stipulation has been met. Manning is going free.

He's in that embassy, as far as I know, because he had some charges filed. Also he happened to leak information the U.S. didn't like. Is that surprising?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Manning got a stiff/long sentence. I was glad to see it commuted, though I wouldn't have shed a tear if it stuck. The right this was done. The individual Soldier in uniform isn't supposed to do what Manning did. Serious punishment was warranted. Seven years seems about right to me ... maybe even a bit long ... but the sentence served its purpose. You don't see a lot of loose lips around the military anymore.

Snowden ... well, he ran to China ... then he ran to Russia. Doesn't look much like a 'good guy' from where I sit. He's gonna do some serious time when Putin turns him over to Trump. Bet that.

As for Assange ... I hope America keeps its nose out of that business with him.

Ksihkehe, I normally agree with you on most things, but Manning and Snowden are criminals ... and bad ones at that. Even if it were within my power, I couldn't issue a pardon for either in good conscience.

edit on 1712017 by Snarl because: Weirdness

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Snowden ran because he didn't want to spend a lifetime being tortured for fun.
Had he stayed to face his ex masters, they would have black bagged the guy and said he was gone.

He may not look like a hero but he is no coward. Only more after several years has his sacrifice sunk in enough that he could be locked up in prison for life.
Sad, though- he reached the average nit wit, at least for a day. Showed that the US government isn't a god, I suppose. If a god can bleed...

Hope he manages to keep out of trouble.

As for assange, I never followed him closely enough to have a real opinion on him. I can say that his work in opening eyes has been unparalleled in recent years- and I'm more than happy to admit that almost any government is happy to create fake rapepedo charges against it's enemies, since those are practically the only things left that Americas generally agree to oppose.

Good luck to all who fight the system, at any rate.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The deal is not yet met. Commuting the sentence is not the same as a pardon.

I'm also not sure that they don't already have Assange and everything is an elaborate ruse to frame Russia...

Even if none of it was real, I'm sure it was all in good fun.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
The deal is not yet met. Commuting the sentence is not the same as a pardon.

I'm also not sure that they don't already have Assange and everything is an elaborate ruse to frame Russia...

Even if none of it was real, I'm sure it was all in good fun.

both Final Cut and Premiere Pro has a way of editing video that can blend different frames relatively seamlessly.... however depending on the footage it leaves artifacts like the ones you see there...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh
Thanks,
Whoa I knew it..I kept saying it during the Hannity interview too !!
I use to dabble heavily in Photoshop and CGI and did a lot of piecing together animation frames and so much of these latest
videos looked a bit off.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I believe he ran to the countries he did because he gave America enough of a black eye that he was in serious danger of getting disappeared. I don't think anywhere other than an overt, mainstream, enemy of the U.S. at their level could protect him.

Snowden, no matter where he is, has been on borrowed time. It took balls to expose the unconstitutional actions against U.S. citizens.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I agree completely. This information needed to get out. He did it knowing the consequenses and knowing it had to be done. A fundamental change in what the citizens know about the illegal data collection.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Too bad there isn't and never has been an extradition order for Assange in the United States.

N E X T . . .

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Hiding from Swedish law.

top topics

join