It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Gunner Calls Out Mike Rowe for Speaking at Pro-Gun Dinner. He Sets Her Straight.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
An anti gunner is unhappy with Mike Rowe for speaking at the shot show. So Mike, in a really classy way, tells her about his experiences with firearms, the Navy Seals, and his coworkers enjoying learning about firearms. He even invites her to the SHOT show as his guest.

A fan informs Mike about how she doesn't approve of him going to the SHOT show, because there is enough guns and to much faux patriotism around the 2nd amendment.

Marla W writes…

I just read that you’re speaking at the SHOT show in Las Vegas this week. VERY disappointing. There are already too many guns in this country, and too much faux patriotism surrounding the second amendment. I can’t believe you’d risk your good name associating with a bunch of gun nuts. You’ve lost a fan.

Mike returns with an upbeat note about how he works with the seal foundation who help care for seal's families that are serving and also help the families of seals who have been killed.

Well, hi there Marla. And Happy Sunday!

It’s true, I’ll be in Vegas this week, addressing a roomful of people who like to shoot guns. I’m not sure what I’m going to say yet – probably the same thing I tell anyone who invites me to discuss the various ways we might close America’s skills gap. But one things for sure – while I’m at there, I’m going to make sure I see my friends at The SEAL Family Foundation.

Mike also nicely informs her that they disagree on the role of the second amendment. But he let's her know the first amendment lets each have their opinion and beliefs. He then invites her to the SHOT show to see what it is really all about. What a class act this guy really is.

Obviously, you and I have a difference of opinion regarding the role of the second amendment in modern society. But thanks to the first amendment, we can express our differences in whatever way we prefer. We can criticize those with whom we disagree, or we can try to persuade them. We can make a case as to why we believe what we believe, or we can simply announce our disappointment to the world, as though our feelings alone are enough to justify our beliefs.

As for you Marla – you can either stomp off in a cloud of righteous indignation, or you can accompany me to the SHOT Show as my guest, and see what all the fuss is about.

Either way, it’s nice to have choices, don’t you think?

Best,
Mike

PS. If you do want to come, better RSVP quick – I’m leaving tomorrow morning, and you’re gonna need your own hotel room. (Just so we’re clear…)

xo
Mike
tribunist.com...

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Pro 2nd + Class Act - dumb ass anti gunner = Good times!

Nothing like cutting off your own faux nose to spite your own face...

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think I want him for President in 2020.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Labor Secretary seems a great position for a man who has spent a few years promoting careers, that the network called "Dirty Jobs"

We need someone who promotes that sector of Labor... the union's seemed to have lost what they were created for...

YMMV

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
I think I want him for President in 2020.

I want him for POTUS for 2017...too late for a quick swap?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Marla W writes … You’ve lost a fan.

I get it that he held the high ground in his response, but he's not gonna clean up ol' Marla. I think he had that response published for his 'real' fans. Marla was just being PC (with the quoted comment) and Mike knows it. That's why he let her know there would be no chance of any hanky-panky between them.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Never know, he would be a different kind of pres for sure. I imagine we would have to draft him though.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Sorry, he won't get a chance til 2024

(post by savemebarry removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Frankly Mike Rowe is doing MORE for jobs than most politicians.

He is very correct in pointing out the skills-gap we're facing and encouraging young adults to step up and fill the gaps in well paid trade jobs. It in no way hurts that the man is easy on the eyes and well spoken.

It is also true that out of the hundreds of people in show business he has never had a scandal or displayed bad behavior.

Maria needs to stick a sock in it.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

It is also true that out of the hundreds of people in show business he has never had a scandal or displayed bad behavior.

Neither has Meryl Streep, and yet she was demonized for using her first amendment rights.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Neither has Meryl Streep, and yet she was demonized for using her first amendment rights.

you mean, others used their first amendment rights to talk about how poorly she used hers? I think that's the whole idea.
edit on 17-1-2017 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

you mean, others used their first amendment rights to talk about how poorly she used hers? I think that's the whole idea.

I just find it ironic that Mike Row is so wonderful for speaking on things the right agrees with, but Meryl is so awful for speaking on things the right disagrees with.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I just find it ironic that Mike Row is so wonderful for speaking on things the right agrees with, but Meryl is so awful for speaking on things the right disagrees with.

Look at both messages, do you see anything different about the two? One being positive and helpful, and one negative and selfish. Both were free to say them, but one is something I want to hear and one isn't. Sad that you don't see it that way.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Notice how nothing mike said was arrogant or narcissistic? Notice how he didn't have to attack half the country?
edit on 17-1-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

F'k Streep.

Using my 1st amendment right.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Really? Him implying that the woman wanted to share a hotel room with him - that sounds pretty narcissistic to me.

I also noticed that while the woman disagreed with him speaking at a gun event, she didn't tell him to stick to show business and keep his opinions to himself - the way everyone on the right was talking about Meryl.

I just find it funny when hollywood people speak openly about stuff you guys like, they're great - but hollywood people speak openly about stuff you don't like, you think they should keep their opinions to themselves.

Funny.
edit on 17-1-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Good on Mike Rowe, always a class act.

As for the topic of free speech, isn't it a mainstay of the left the words have consequences and that people should own what they say?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I honestly do not know what she said at the awards show... dont really care to much, since in the past she has talked about people that vote republican as if they had something wrong with them...

When you say things like that in a public setting you are going to catch a lot of venom, just like Hillary with her basket of deplorables comment..

This seems to be a recurring theme with the progressive wing of democrats, now please notice Mike Rowe did not talk down to her, did not imply she was weird or wrong in her statement, and even invited her out to see the event as his guest to see if they could find common ground.

If the progressives would stop referring to those of us on the other sides as (insert ism here) and instead tried talking to us, a lot of the hate and divided nature of things today would evaporate almost immediately.

Since I do not know any conservative that does not have some cause they tilt left on, I know a few liberals that also tilt right on a few issues, if we stop with the name calling and sit down and have some sweet tea on the porch and talk I bet the american people could fix our sinking ship.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I don't think anyone wanted her to have her right stripped. Just that she was out of touch with reality, yet again. And that is ok.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join