It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump To Allow Alternative Media Into White House Press Briefings?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Makes sense because "Alternative Media" has become reality.

And the standard "MSM" has been exposed for so many fake stories.

And yet breitbart, infowars, and their ilk isnt above fabricating news they know will get them views or clicks.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

So expose 'em just like they have exposed CNN.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It doesn't take much to be alternative media. Even my small production company has press passes, media parking stickers and a bare bones crew with me on camera, sound man and a beautiful female interviewer with large breasts.
Plus with new technology we can stream directly to anyone that contacts us with a contract. All done on an iphone.

We are essentially stringers working for networks, UPI or news world com covering everything from Forest fires, Sports, fashion shows, anything really. Where do you think all that New footage comes from?

The big news CNN, FOX, MSNBC etc. will just change their name, downsize to a stringer crew, and carry on business as usual. They were prepared for Trump to pull this kind of BS.

findstringers.com...

edit on 16-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Are you and your crew doing any freelance Trump inauguration coverage or hometown, rally or protest people on the street view points ?

edit on 16-1-2017 by SaloonSal because: stp

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SaloonSal

Of course, we are hired by contract, with dayrates, been in business since 05 right after we got our producers certification. We also freelance with intern crews.

Depending on the event we may have as many as 4 crews on location. News isn't even our primary focus.

Moving digital images and sound is exciting and extremely lucrative. Today almost everyone has in their pocket iphone, android etc. visual capabilities for almost anywhere in the world, streaming realtime. We as a content provider are living the American Dream.

edit on 16-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Color me shocked, this is #ing fantastic.

Alright, Don, you're up to two things that I tend to agree with.

This makes me happy.

Freedom of the press (including alternative) FTW.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
We are going to need a mod to pack up and move to Washington to cover the Whitehouse!Preferably one who doesn't believe in the Mandela effect.Makes us look bad..

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Pyle

So expose 'em just like they have exposed CNN.

We have many times here and else where but people dont believe it. They have been so sucked into the alt-right that they cant see what ignorance looks like anymore because the mouth pieces they believe tell them otherwise.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Opening this arena up to Alternative News would create an avenue for more transparent politics and government

NO, it is just the final step in the dumbing down of America.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

In my view, more wars supported by the society means the dumber society, but whatever floats your boat. And dont act like you dont know by now that the MSM is instrumental in driving America into all the wars & in keeping us complacent with them (while if you dont know that by now then you're clearly too ignorant on these affairs for your opinion here to count for squat).
edit on 16-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

..then how will we know what's fake news? Who will protect us from it? I certainly don't want to take personal responsibility for how I interpret the world.

LOL.

For the record, this is the most sane comment I have read concerning the epidemic of 'fake news' temper tantrums emanating seemingly from all corners of the political landscape in recent times. This is afflicting citizens the world over with Exploding Head Syndrome. Yes, it really is a thing - didn't you watch Kingsman: The Secret Service..? The reasons for their mental dissonance at this time are many and varied, for example the Mandela Effect certainly isn't helping. Many folk probably believe they died and somehow crossed into an alternate timeline where Trump saves the world from global nuclear war at the behest of HRC & Co., and thereafter holds the occasional tea party with Vladimir Putin & friends, while the world's nations de-federalise whatever 'special unions' have previously been tried & thereby just keep on getting along better & better, enjoying true cultural exchange, as opposed to bland uniformity/conformity under the hand pf unelected, faceless bureaucrats. But generally such people can be seen to mostly struggle to grapple with the sheer quantity & variety of informational inputs/outputs being streamed over the airwaves & across the internet at an ever-increasing pace, leading to intensifying malice accompanying their panic-driven spiral into confused vapidity as they struggle to maintain personal identity in the digital maelstrom.

Sometimes, it helps to know when it's time to switch off, brew some coffee, and take a walk. Just ignoring the chaos of having unlimited access to seven billion strongly-held opinions, even if for only a short time, can prove very refreshing & highly illuminating.

That said, I'm cutting the link & going to bed. Night night ATS..!

edit on JanuaryMonday1701CST06America/Chicago-060051 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I can just imagine the contrast in the kinds of questions asked by MSM versus Alternative Media...

CNN : "Mr. Trump, Mr. Trump , Jack Offenon, CNN news ..Mr.Trump, is your administration going to also cut spending on our school lunch program ?

Trump : "NOT YOU...next question....you, yes you.."

CNN: "But MR.TRUMP !!"

Trump: "NO !!!....Let's welcome some questions from our new additions to the news pool shall we..."

GODSEYE NEWS.COM : Hello Mr.Trump and thank you...Moonglow Martini ,GODSEYE NEWS.COM...Is it true that your Father was acquainted with Tesla and gave you plans for time machine technology ?"

Trump : "Well yes, my Father did know him and..."

CNN : "Mr. Trump !!.... Mr Trump !!..did you use this time .......

Trump : "I said NO..You're fake news....next question..."

WEIRDSCIENCE.COM: "Mr. Trump, Winnie Chu , WEIRDSCIENCE.COM....Have you been made aware of the government being in possession of any alien tech ?"

Trump: "Well I have talked to......"

ABC: "Mr. TRUMP !! , David Manure, ABC NEWS ...Mr.Trump !!! ...Does this mean you feel NASA funding should be increased ? "

................................................................................................................

NEXT DAY

CNN HEADLINES : CIA PROOF-Trump used Tesla time machine to change votes !!

ABC HEADLINES : NASA SAYS Trump thwarted friendly Alien contact with threats of deportation !!!

BUZZ FEED HEADLINES : Credible Sources say - Putin had Alien 3 way with Trump !!!

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
he needs to let them in and let cnn and msnbc OUT! Those two networks have caused death and destruction and not only of the human mind.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

Thank goodness, I was afraid this would be a thread saying this was a bad thing. I am very glad to see that isn't the case. I personally think the more the merrier, especially if the more aren't the established media.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: UberL33t

But then how will we know what's fake news? Who will protect us from it? I certainly don't want to take personal responsibility for how I interpret the world.

Wow, Buddha. I don't think even the government is
interested anymore in protecting us from fake news..
since they create most of it anyway.
But what really scares me is the alternative of somebody
else taking responsibility
for how I interpret the world.
That last one, as a personal rule would get me a lot of therapy
fees; if not restrictions on my free movement and other things.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: MysticPearl

The left, the true fascists, want to silence all media/opinions which don't align with their own as fake news.

Isn't that what Trump did to CNN at the press conference?

Isn't that what many of you do on this very site?

If you don't agree with it, you call it fake news and dismiss it.

Umm.. but it was fake news.

Like a lot of what CNN has done over just the last few years.

Unless you call interviewing a "protester" that turns out to be one of your cameramen "real" news...

Or we can go into the other things they've done with Trump, like...

Nevermind. By your posting record you're a liberal.

So you're never going to be able to understand the difference between the truth and a lie anyways.

Simply because you believe whatever your owners tell you.

What a shame...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Opening this arena up to Alternative News would create an avenue for more transparent politics and government

NO, it is just the final step in the dumbing down of America.

Fake news and propaganda persuade the public to feel foreign invasions are necessary. Many people die.

But news that exposes that evil is dumbing down America?

You don't happen to have a kool aid moustache do you?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Good...

CNN and all its affiliates can sit this one out.

I don't want Alex Jones in there, but i would like some reputable independent journalists

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Good...CNN is dead #1..the rest are soon to follow. Sad to say it as well..but FOX is going to burn its own bridge as well. We need Breitbart and people like DML, Tomi Lahren, David Seaman and others that have continually fought to keep the free and independent press moving.

Still not sure on Alex Jones..he reports a lot of truths but his emotions and sensationalism is starting to annoy me. He'd be better off sending Joe Biggs or Owen Shroyer into the bear cave.
Regardless..This is Historic

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Makes sense because "Alternative Media" has become reality.

And the standard "MSM" has been exposed for so many fake stories.

Don't forget FOX and friends and friends..they fakey too...:

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join