It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump To Allow Alternative Media Into White House Press Briefings?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

According to Bloomberg, the Trump administration is “seriously considering” expanding the number of journalists who are allowed in on White House Press briefings. The move would allow journalists in who aren’t from the mainstream media, and possibly even bloggers.

Vice President Mike Pence said of the possible decision:

“The interest of the team is to make sure that we accommodate the broadest number of people who are interested and media from around the country and around the world.”

Incoming White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus said that the Trump administration is looking to accommodate more than the “Washington media elite.” Currently, the White House Press Room can only hold 49 people. The Trump administration believes having more would be better all around.

Donald Trump To Allow Alternative Media Into White House Press Briefings?

How about it ATS Owners and Staff?

Can you imagine getting boots on the ground in the WHITE HOUSE press area?!?

I am all for this. This (to me) would all but force the big MSM giants to go back to true journalism and reporting of the truth. Alternative sites in my experience (ATS being the crowned jewel) are where I have sought out the truth for a number of MSM stories/reports.

Opening this arena up to Alternative News would create an avenue for more transparent politics and government imo.

I do so hope this comes to pass...

Priebus added, “The one thing that we discussed was whether or not we want to move the initial press conferences into the Executive Office Building where you can fit four times the amount of people. After 500 or 600 people [attended Trump’s first press conference in NYC on January 11th] we started thinking, if we have more people involved instead of less people involved, wouldn’t that be a good thing?“

YES!! a REALLY GREAT THING!
edit on 1/16/2017 by UberL33t because: article cut off

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Oh no.

I can hear Alex Jones uncontrollably yelling things and selling Berkey things on the white house lawn.

Yikes!

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

Well yes this is a very good thing .I expect the MSM to try and even spin this news .

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Makes sense because "Alternative Media" has become reality.

And the standard "MSM" has been exposed for so many fake stories.

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Get ready for a leftist MSM temper tantrum over this.

What Trump is doing is limiting their monopoly on coverage/news/propaganda, creating competition and allowing more voices to be heard. For the record, that's anti-fascism.

The left doesn't understand fascism though and amusingly, think handing the power of the media over to a select few and allowing the current monopoly of our media is the preferred path, which trends far, far closer to fascism and a state owned media.

The left, the true fascists, want to silence all media/opinions which don't align with their own as fake news.

edit on 16-1-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
Oh no.

I can hear Alex Jones uncontrollably yelling things and selling Berkey things on the white house lawn.

Yikes!

Oh come on. You know that would be really entertaining.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Well yes this is a very good thing .I expect the MSM to try and even spin this news .

They already have, When it was first announced they spun it to say Trump was banning the media from the whitehouse, It then turned out the opposite and he is expanding it to allow a lot more journalists access to the president.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Trumps war on the media continues , those who say "nasty things" about him will be frozen out.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

originally posted by: Black_Fox
Oh no.

Yikes!

Oh come on. You know that would be really entertaining.

Perhaps, lol.

But allowing a lunatic like Alex Jones to get an even bigger head than he already has, is pretty scary.
And there will be Berkey water filters everywhere.

edit on 16-1-2017 by Black_Fox because: ThiNgs

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

The left, the true fascists, want to silence all media/opinions which don't align with their own as fake news.

Isn't that what Trump did to CNN at the press conference?

Isn't that what many of you do on this very site?

If you don't agree with it, you call it fake news and dismiss it.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

But then how will we know what's fake news? Who will protect us from it? I certainly don't want to take personal responsibility for how I interpret the world.

edit on 16-1-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

No, Trump simply turned the tables on them and used their own ridiculous strategy against them.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UberL33t
YES!! a REALLY GREAT THING!

Would it really be?

More people to call on results in fewer competitive questions being asked. It's easier to control the narrative and not get caught at it.

Let Trump cast out the news agencies he doesn't like. He doesn't have to authorize anyone a White House Press pass. I'd like to be able to see that and make a judgement for or against. If he threw out CNN, the NYT, WaPo, and the LA Times ... no skin off my back. Just let him say, "You're fake news and I will not allow you to further associate yourself with the White House and its business."

Then ... we know ... exactly where he's coming from. If Trump starts in lying to us, does it really matter who's writing his lies down and 'selling the words' in print?

+2 more 
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Say what you want about Alex Jones, I know I certainly haven't given him any of my money.

But the man is dead right about Globalism.

link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

No, Trump simply turned the tables on them and used their own ridiculous strategy against them.

So that makes Trump a fascist, according to your own description.

Or, you think it's bad for the Left to do it, but it's ok for the Right (Trump).
edit on 16-1-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
INFO WARS and BREITBART are two of the legitimate "Alternative News" outlets that come to mind. What are some of the others? National Enquirer? TMZ?

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
INFO WARS and BREITBART are two of the legitimate "Alternative News" outlets that come to mind. What are some of the others? National Enquirer? TMZ?

Infowars and Breitbart are pure propaganda outlets.

They serve confirmation bias and fear on a silver platter for Right Wing nuts.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Nope he put a sniveling actor(NOT reporter) in his place for being disrespectful to the president elect in front of the nation. I'd revoke their press pass as well. They are not media, their motivation is purely driven by clicks and revenue.

From my knowledge no one is preventing you all from talking. We are just countering with valid arguments without demeaning someone. If you loose the debate and eventually the election you are expected to act like adults and not pull this #NotMyPresident BS. Until you all act like adults we will stop meeting you on the same field of play. Snowflake.

No we call it fake news to the cheers of other reporters.
Did you not watch the video?

Anyway back on topic...

I'd like to see Dave Rubin and Steven Crowder allowed into these press events. To me they are about the most level headed people in terms of right and left leaning principles. Would be refreshing to see these people ask questions rather than what kind of cake was served at the last banquet.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

No.

and, No.

-Mr.Twisty

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Like the same couldnt be said for their audiences when describing CNN FOX ABC NBC CBS MSNBC NYT LAT WaPo etc etc??????????????????????

edit on 16-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join