It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. - Words to never forget.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
On this day, we celebrate a great man. A man that sacrificed everything for what he believed in. A man that would stand up to anyone at any time, not because it was easy, not because it was cool, but because it was the right thing to do.

In hearing some of his speeches played on the radio today, they remind me of how great a man he really was. Way more than a good speaker, or speech writer. He walked his talk.

The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate.... Returning violence for violence multiples violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

And this is part of a much bigger speech that should be read and enjoyed:

If you can’t be a pine on the top of a hill Be a scrub in the valley—but be The best little scrub on the side of the hill, Be a bush if you can’t be a tree. If you can’t be a highway just be a trail If you can’t be the sun be a star; It isn’t by size that you win or fail— Be the best of whatever you are.

link to whole speech

I only wonder why so many claim to love his words, yet fail to follow them. His message was simple when you break it down. Love. Unconditional love for all mankind.

That a man should be judged by the content of his character and not the color of his skin.

Amen brother, amen.

edit on 16-1-2017 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

He was a great speaker and i agree, more young people need to listen to what he had to say. It was meaningful and important.

Wikileaks has released 17,000 pages of FBI files including the trial transcripts. Wanted to share this letter wikileaks posted. The FBI sent MLK a letter telling him to kill himself or his sexual deviancy and secrets would be exposed.

Here is a link to the files in the archive.
archive.org...

edit on 16-1-2017 by EchoesInTime because: link

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Wow, no racism in that.. Can you source this, made me curious..

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

That letter came from the wikileaks twitter. Not sure if i can link it. It should be in the link to the archive i posted above.

That letter is so full of hate. You can just feel it as you read it.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

"A man that sacrificed everything for what he believed in."

I believe closer to the truth would be, "A man that sacrificed everything he supposedly believed in for money, slutty women and fame."

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

He could touch hearts with his word. A truly gifted man. He used that gift for good. People meant more to him then life itself. He is a person I have always looked up too.

Amen!

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
TLDR...

Fun Fack: MLK Day is on Robert E. Lee's Birthday.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Great thread thanks, this overall and the following really should have garnered more attention.

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

He was a great speaker and i agree, more young people need to listen to what he had to say. It was meaningful and important.

Wikileaks has released 17,000 pages of FBI files including the trial transcripts. Wanted to share this letter wikileaks posted. The FBI sent MLK a letter telling him to kill himself or his sexual deviancy and secrets would be exposed.

Here is a link to the files in the archive.
archive.org...

According to WL this very well, as shared in the documents link, was part of the psychological operation against him.

top topics

join