It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a question for all of you...call it a poll if you will

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
against

libertarian

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Against...

Moderate republican.

I think humanity has to take a step or two in evolution before that happens. We are toddlers who tend to throw tantrums too much and there isn't even any adult supervision.

How would we elect representatives? Wars would probably start on this aspect alone.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Imagine if you will and check and see if you can find a country that had and has a model of one Govt .Lets start small to see if there is a model available to see what it might look like .The USA is not a model because they are divided from election to election . I guess Saudi Arabia might be one to look at . A one world Govt .would have to come to power with Utopian promises but would have to use the gun to stay there . imo

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I was referring to being opposed ideologically to the coming one world system. Chronologically I'm pretty much in the sooner the better camp.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
Please indulge me on this one folks, its just my curiosity getting the better of me.
If you dont mind keep replies simple so the issue doesnt get steered off course into a troll-a-thon.

Are you in favor of or against the idea of a one world government and how do you describe your political affiliation.

I am against a global government and I consider myself libertarian

I think the biggest lie ever told (give or take) is that the form of government matters more than the people running it..

For example, a monarchy under a king author type could be a eutopia, but we all saw what happens when you let a Hitler run a capitalist democracy.

A one world government with a benevolent ruling party has the potential to end all war, poverty, famine, exc. because without nations competing you could end a lot of human suffering.

It is finding people worthy of the responsibility that would come with such absolute power that's the issue..

The biggest lie, is that some forms of government are inherently evil or good, when all are 100% dependent on who you put in charge.

Libertarian who really hates all the conservative propaganda..
edit on 10-1-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

We still have a way to go as we need to see the 4 beasts and the little horn power in the west .

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

Humanity not ready yet.

Citizen of Earth.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Tough question.
I would go more with a global "partnership" Basically, imagine if the UN was coherent and worked properly.

I wouldn't mind paying a small percent (under 1% yearly total) income tax to the global government for specific global initiatives that are extremely transparent..such as creating a space elevator for building of space stations, or teraforming mars, etc...big projects that only a united world would be able to accomplish together.

As far as the day to day/year to year stuff, local, state, and federal government should be the only ruling per nation...global should be strictly cultural, scientific, united research type stuff. No laws, only goals.

This will of course all change should we ever contact aliens..then we may need things like a military force, global defense, etc.

Oh, I consider myself (today) to be a leftist civil libertarian
edit on 10-1-2017 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
no.

governments have a pretty poor track record over time. Sometimes they start out good and go bad.....sometimes they start bad and get better then get worse again.

IN principle, at least from a biblical standpoint, the idea of a one world government isnt bad....after all thats what God has planned when he sets up shop here after the tribulation (if you believe in that)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Totally against. My judgement stems from a follow of the people over the years who have called for it and others who continually push to circumvent the US constitution to make it a closer reality. I am not for ANY of the people involved.
The fact that the United States would cease to exist because there is no way a world government would have real power so long as we are governed by the lands law.

I find it interesting and hopeful that I haven't ever heard Trump speak of any benefits of a one world global governance.
Seeing that he blurts out anything I can't imagine it's something he could keep to himself. So plus plus.
Make America great again....her downfall has been from such policies.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I was for one world government when I was 10 years old, StarTrek was on TV with a (mostly) discrimination-free, tolerant, utopian-like future. Then there was VietNam, and the rest of history....
so I must declare AGAINST one world government (until such time as we've matured enough to handle it)

Political leanings - NOT
Cant stand the labels, which have changed considerably during my lifetime. Thought I was a liberal 40 years ago.
Now, not a liberal, not conservative, not democrat, not republican, not "libertarian" - so INDEPENDENT

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

Might wanna do a little more reading. If memory serves me right, this was the major cause of the flood. Also, it was said this would not be allowed again, hence, the devilish push for the unity. To globally deny God.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The more centralized anything is, the worse off it is. Localize everything!

Just to be clear . . . No Global!

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I am against a global government and I consider myself conservative libertarian.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
One world government means force will have to be used to achieve it. And that means war, famine, population control, propaganda wars, hoarding of resources... billions would have to be culled. So.....

Against,

-Libertarian

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I am against a global government and I consider myself classical liberal.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Are you in favor of or against the idea of a one world government and how do you describe your political affiliation.

Depends on the type of government....

I am the founding member of the "pie for breakfast" political movement.
edit on 10-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Against. Geography factors into the lives of the people who live there, that the people who don't live there could have no proper say over it.
edit on 10-1-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
One world government means force will have to be used to achieve it. And that means war, famine, population control, propaganda wars, hoarding of resources... billions would have to be culled. So.....

Against,

-Libertarian

why would you say that?....all those things you listed, we as humans have had all along....you have no idea what a one world government would be, it's purely conjecture....this, "one world government" will be the primary indication to other worlds that we humans can settle our differences and accept each other as equal. if we cannot achieve that, then how would we interact with species from other worlds?....imagine yourself in their position, why would they interact in a friendly way toward us, when we have such deep-seated distrust and division among our very own species.....we still have a lot of decades or even centuries left, before we can cross that threshold.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
if the U.N. is an example of what a world government would be like then I`m against a world government.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join