It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a question for all of you...call it a poll if you will

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Please indulge me on this one folks, its just my curiosity getting the better of me.
If you dont mind keep replies simple so the issue doesnt get steered off course into a troll-a-thon.

Are you in favor of or against the idea of a one world government and how do you describe your political affiliation.

I am against a global government and I consider myself libertarian

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

Global government bad, I consider myself as me. I don't really line up with much of anything.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Against.

Depends on the issue, mostly lean libertarian / right side of the spectrum.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Against .
Doesnt matter if its one country or one world all governments suck .

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I believe in a one world government, I think it goes hand in hand with a space faring race.
What we have at the moment is a really # example of how it needs to happen though.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I believe there is one Globe, but almost 8 billion worlds.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
My view is eschatological so I guess simply put the next one really bad the one after that really good.

I hold no political affiliation.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Against...as impractical and utopian.

As lovely as this sounds, it would only be possible if preceded by a period of violent conquest, followed by a long period of oppression and forced "conversion" to whatever the reigning ideology would be intended to be (whether political or religious).

And, if it were to ever happen, there would then be never ending insurgencies by people and groups around the globe that strive to be free from the one-world-think...and to follow their own beliefs and ideals - and eventually the world would begin to break into individual nations again.

I see myself as being politically right of centre.
edit on 10-1-2017 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I guess Im neutral on the idea in theory, but against the reality of what it would become. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, right? I think all governments should be generally minimalist. Just the basics. Im not sure how a world governent wouldnt become both oppressive and unmanageable.

Center-Libertarian

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I am against global government now.

I believe that the human race is too easily swayed toward hatred, intolerance, greed and violence at the moment to make a one world government possible, feasible or desirable, since it would naturally turn into a tyranny. I also believe that any global government must be an absolute slave to the will of the people, be prevented from propagandising toward them, or from having any control over them at all, but must be a simple slave to the will of the people.

Because those who seek power are often psychopaths, they will never permit this to be the case, and so while things remain as they are, any attempt to create a one world government must be resisted with all possible gusto and vigor.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

As things currently stand (2017) in the world, strongly against a Global Government

If things change in the future whereby we as a "species" have to work together / pull together for whatever reason, then a Global Government would probably be effective in the coordination of what, at the time, we as a species were trying to achieve.

My political leaning ........ not Liberal, Conservative, Left, Right etc ...... more, common sense, sometimes that can come from all sides, call me a cherry picker

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Neutral.

For, but only if we could depopulate. As it stands, converting would be nearly impossible without doing so. We are faced with a choice; are we willing to sacrifice so many of ourselves for the health and continuity of our species?

In reality, a big set of rules (country gov't) with small branches (states, counties) helping with managing/enforcing them (as we do now) works just fine. We've just got to clean up the mess.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I am against it, due to the fact it won't simply work - waaaaaay too many politicians with NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder) around the world.
Political affiliation??
Depends on the issues, I'm "all over" the right/left spectrum, not extreme right/left views tho....
edit on 1102017 by BobbyRock because: bläääääää

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Against. 99% of this world governments are corrupt. So a one world government would be totally corrupt to the bone.

I consider myself a solitarian. Give me an island all to myself and just let me be

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

My view is eschatological so I guess simply put the next one really bad the one after that really good. I hold no political affiliation.
The sooner we get to that next one world Gov. the sooner we get past it . In the mean time we are stuck to suffer with the choices we have .

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I'm against it. I enjoy the laws and freedoms for the most part of what I have now, a one world government may change that which I would not be too happy about.

Also for those that go on about how we must become a one world government if we're to get out into space: If we can't get along with each other down here as separate nations, how in the hell are we going to get along with intelligent species of other planets with their own governments?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
I believe in a one world government, I think it goes hand in hand with a space faring race.
What we have at the moment is a really # example of how it needs to happen though.

Exactly what you said. It will eventually be necessary. We can't have hundreds of countries dealing with other planets that are probably far past us in political evolution. I don't know what path it would take and it doesn't seem promising at the moment.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Against global government. I'm an individual not to be labeled.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Against

The far left will be for it because that is their religion. Government is their god.

Scripture tells us it will happen, then things get real bad, so I guess it doesn't matter what we want

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Don't you guys always want to spread the Democracy? Why not worldwide, under one government!

Pros:
- No more "we can't intercept that stupid monarchy/oligarchy/tyranny in that country, it is not our place!" - yes it is now.
- Less overhead from double- or triple-governmental structures beyond your country trying to rule (Landtag(Germany)->Bundestag(Germany)->EU(EU). This could use some cropping, really.
- One code of law. Not some 3rd world countries anymore, where everything belongs to some kings nephew or such, because their laws say so.

Cons:
- If there is corruption, it has to be healed from within. Often very, very difficult.
- Yeah, it is a BIG government. Because it rules the whole word. Some people see something bad in this, but can't explain it.
- Your country would lose its own government, which was the finest ever, at least the new Big government should be as close as possible to be the same (in person and laws).

Global government it is.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join