It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A kiss tells everything

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: Bedlam

I just wanted to hear you thoughts on this, ive seen dogs mix pheromones, often using their paws and one of their signatures, mouth, ear or urine..
Do you think certain pheromones are behavorial conditioning without a enforced trauma?

I see it as a sort of social networking system. Something that increases the overall survival of the group over the individual, to some extent. But you see this in social animals where one's offspring are likely to remain in the area. So increasing overall survival rates for your group also improve your eventual gene spread.

So if you're a critter and you feel compelled to leave situation reports all over the place - "I'm a male, about this big, I'm eating well, I belong to this group" then it indicates the survival utility of the region. It also serves as a warning or advertisement depending on whether you want to join the pack or not. Thus also preventing unnecessary conflict. "This place has limited resources - I'm dehydrated or hungry or ill" is also a useful message, as is "I'm really sick and this is the last thing I ate" with a vomit or fecal signature is generally useful to avoid local foods you ought not be eating.

I have a personal conjecture that "ghosts" are a remnant of this system in people.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I looked it through, it was bonding and sexual invitations as you say, im looking through death related and fungi and as you say there is a correlation there to.

Only correlation i found between "ghosts" or "delusional something" was fungi.

So im looking into fungi pheromones, i do think we respond to pheromone and fungi, despite species.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Only correlation i found between "ghosts" or "delusional something" was fungi.

Consider - the neutral scent olfactory system, whatever it's totally for, is tied into your memory and emotions directly, with pretty much no filtering.

What if an evolutionarily useful thing would be to encode a 'last message' sort of pheromone, with a purpose of warning away other animals in the pack from a non-obvious danger, or one that basically states 'I got eaten by a saber tooth that lives nearby watch out'. If one of the last acts of a mammal were to put out a unique signature that let the others know about particularly dangerous situations, it would benefit the group's survival. You've already GOT pheromone emitting glands, and you've already GOT a sensor system that would be easy to adapt for this, so it's not a big step in terms of evolution to add this. So, when a critter is facing the last gasp, or thinks it is, it might emit a persistent chemical signature that serves as a warning for some time to come.

Cut to - ghosts. What are some of the salient features? Not everyone perceives them. They're associated with 'gut level' emotional reactions like fear, dread, hairs going up on your neck etc. They're associated with 'last gasp' events in the ghost's last moments as a person, or with extreme situations where the person would have expected to die. You mostly perceive them inside a closed structure that is protected from the elements where a chemical cue might be expected to persist. You can be rid of them by applying a masking agent (fuming, priests with incense). You don't often perceive them outdoors except in locations where many people died or are dead (battlefields, cemeteries), and at those places enough 'last gasp' pheromone might be expected to last through some weathering. I put it to you that the entire 'ghost' phenomenon might be no more than a vestigial mammalian warning system based on pheromonal cues.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Im gonna get back to you after i jumped down this rabbithole, need to "deep focus" as a few likes to call it

edit on 2017111 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

science behind the kiss not withstanding, is the best part of lovemaking. can't forget the dutch girl i kissed for my first ever kiss. Lol

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

How long are phermobes functional. Ive been in locations where the death happened a decade earlier and with high traffic. Other families living there etc and still get the sensation. Are the pheramones able to last that long without breaking down.

What about poltergiest activity. I know this challenges my sanity bit ive seen things move with no correlation to outside stimuli.

As a kid i watched a small stiffed bird (oriole) twitch and jerk a inch or so repeatdly over a 45 min time span. It was stuffed with stryrofoam and i doubt there were mexican jumping beans inside them. No drafts and free of any other objects that could touch it minus the shelf it was sitting on. Hows that work?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

How long are phermobes functional. Ive been in locations where the death happened a decade earlier and with high traffic. Other families living there etc and still get the sensation. Are the pheramones able to last that long without breaking down.

Inside a closed space, right?

Sort of like the old idea that 'houses absorb evil from evil people living in them'. It's literally true, sort of.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I caught a little bit of a program recently called "Spy in the Wild" which reminded me of this particular thread of yours:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Michet

I'm trying to watch the series but it's UK locked.... there was one about a lemur and a robot where they acted in a way I was surprised

top topics

<< 1   >>

join