It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

blaming Wikileaks is pointless

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yes impeachment was likely.

But it never got there.

I'll finish my sandwich and then ask for the check thank you.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Technically, Nixon ran out the back door just before the gavel came down. We'll see if Trump is as lucky!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Assange says it wasn't Russia. Of course, why wouldn't he lie?

Ill admit i've done nothing to really research it on my own....but feel that the Seth Rich deal is something that should be ruled out. Its just so damned fishy, and coincides with what Assange had asserted to begin with.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Technically, Nixon ran out the back door just before the gavel came down. We'll see if Trump is as lucky!

ill be honest, im just interested in watching the drama unfold at this point. I knew we wouldn't have a decent election years ago. Trump being the result is something I'd have never thought of, and feel like is actually a worse overall decision that just about anyone other than Hillary.

But if he ends up hearing the gavel, it'll make for some entertainment. Since the Republic looks all but dead at this point, what more can I really hope for?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I agree here, the blame will lead to no where as it has been doing.

a reply to: Konduit
No, it was just one, Hackerman-

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

yes, and technically, he resigned before he was impeached. Just to clear that all up.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

im·peach
[imˈpēCH]

VERB
call into question the integrity or validity of (a practice):
"there is no basis to Searle's motion to impeach the verdict"
synonyms: challenge · question · disparage · criticize ·

US
charge (the holder of a public office) with misconduct:
"the governor served only one year before being impeached and convicted for fiscal fraud"
synonyms: indict · charge · accuse · lay charges against ·

BRITISH
charge with treason or another crime against the state.

Oh Nixon was impeached alright! But, he ran out the back door before he was convicted.

edit on 9-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

im·peach
[imˈpēCH]

VERB
call into question the integrity or validity of (a practice):
"there is no basis to Searle's motion to impeach the verdict"
synonyms: challenge · question · disparage · criticize ·

US
charge (the holder of a public office) with misconduct:
"the governor served only one year before being impeached and convicted for fiscal fraud"
synonyms: indict · charge · accuse · lay charges against ·

BRITISH
charge with treason or another crime against the state.

Oh Nixon was impeached alright! But, he ran out the back door before he was convicted.

Way to double down on ignorance sport.

In 1974, the House Judiciary Committee recommended Articles of Impeachment to the full House of Representatives, but Nixon resigned before the House voted on the Articles. Hence, Nixon was not impeached during the Watergate scandal.

watergate.info...
edit on 9-1-2017 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Unimpeached! Unimpeachable! Nixon wasn't impeached! He didn't do anything wrong! Neither did Trump! Trumps is unimpeachable!

Articles of Impeachment:

RESOLVED, That Richard M. Nixon, President of the United States, is impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors......
www.historyplace.com...

Your denial doesn't change a thing. Nixon ran out the back door, (resigned) moments before the "remove from office" gavel came down!

Here's the thing, Watergate was about stealing documents from the DNC, in order to gain information in order to gain an election edge. That's exactly what happened in the 2016 election. And Donald Trump is glad that the DNC robberies happened, and he benefited from them!...Just like Richard Nixon did!

"Russia! If you're listening,......" please help me win this election......

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Listen, i might be able to help here:

Nixon was not impreached. He left office before it could happen.

All feelings about Nixon and Trump aside, that is the facts. Had he not resigned, Tricky Dick would have had a conviction for a future president to pardon (lol)

To any concerned: once we start quoting definitions, the conversation has devolved into pedantic semantics and should just fizzle out to save everyone the embarassment.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

There was no legal ratification of the Articles of Impeachment, but make no mistake, according to the definition of the word, regardless of pedantics, Nixon was impeached. He just ran out the back door and resigned before that ratification could happen.

ETA: Nixon's impeachment rose from exactly the same actions that Trump is now lauding, and which skewed the election in his favor. He's right where Nixon was before his impeachment. The comparison is clearly valid.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

At the age of 44, I can say that I have heard it put thusly, by each of the following groups:

- people who tend to use terms in the colloquial, or rely on terms that could be considered 'slang" by an editor, would say he was impeached. Not because of the facts, but because of the reality. The reality was, he messed up and was forced out of office using political, not legal, means

- people who tend to use terms that are more accurate would say he left in disgrace before impeachment could proceed.

Its all semantics. And the only disagreements tend to happen when people argue online and seek to use these types of technicalities to score cheap points in arguments that have no real result anyway.

ETA: if someone walked into my office today and said "Nixon was impeached", i'd probably not even bother to state otherwise.
edit on 1/9/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

What difference does it make? Nixon was found guilty and paid for his crimes, which were the same crimes in which Trump benefitted and lauds.

The comparison is valid.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Im not going to get into this argument. I was trying to point out that it was a stupid argument....why on earth would I want to join in?

Don't you see you are merely moving your argument about semantics over to me? Does that really make sense?

ETA: the difference it makes is that words have actual meanings. If we are talking colloquial, then it doesn't matter. If we are talking about facts, then we have to keep to facts. And "close enough" doesn't count in facts.

edit on 1/9/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Unimpeached! Unimpeachable! Nixon wasn't impeached! He didn't do anything wrong! Neither did Trump! Trumps is unimpeachable!

Articles of Impeachment:

RESOLVED, That Richard M. Nixon, President of the United States, is impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors......
www.historyplace.com...

Your denial doesn't change a thing. Nixon ran out the back door, (resigned) moments before the "remove from office" gavel came down!

Here's the thing, Watergate was about stealing documents from the DNC, in order to gain information in order to gain an election edge. That's exactly what happened in the 2016 election. And Donald Trump is glad that the DNC robberies happened, and he benefited from them!...Just like Richard Nixon did!

"Russia! If you're listening,......" please help me win this election......

Now Nixon's failings are Tump's fault? Dood, you really did jump the shark here. Try this, say "sorry, I was mistaken", and it's over. but if you really, really think you are right, I am not the one you need to argue with,
watergate.info...

On most sites, there is a contact tab. I suggest you click it, then espouse your idiotic tantrum to them, I'm sure it will go over with resounding success.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Words do have actual meaning. And, by the actual meaning, Nixon was impeached but not convicted. Also, I believe he was pardoned.

.....why on earth would I want to join in?

Did you throw yourself and your 2 cents into this argument as a moderator?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Now Nixon's failings are Tump's fault?

LOL.....Who's jumping the shark?

Trump is emulating Nixon, and then some by lauding the "crooks"!

LOL Shaking my head!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

LOL Shaking my head!

So you are not going to contact the Watergate folks? If you get really loud, you might seem more correct. I hear that works.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I'll put myself out there and predict Trump's impeachment. Maybe not based on his Russian friends solely, but on all things considered.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join