It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

blaming Wikileaks is pointless

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Nope. Me and my 2 cents are as a member.
I've commented in this thread a few times along the way.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Nixon was not impeached by the House.

And Ford pardoned Nixon without any indictments or convictions.

This is Civics 101.

Yes Nixon would have likely been impeached had they voted. But they never voted.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Actually, they did vote.

On Saturday, July 27, the House Judiciary Committee approved its first article of impeachment charging President Nixon with obstruction of justice. Six of the Committee's 17 Republicans joined all 21 Democrats in voting for the article. The following Monday the Committee approved its second article charging Nixon with abuse of power. The next day, the third and final article, contempt of Congress, was approved.

They never held the final voted because he ran away, out the back door, like the coward and the crook that he was, and what history remembers him for.

The same will hold true for President tRumplethinskin, mark my words!

edit on 9-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The full House never voted.

The Committee did.

There's a historical and legal difference.

Maybe Wikileaks will have the first leak about Trump's.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I know. There's a historical legal differentiation. But History still remembers him for the cowardly crook and liar that he was....Impeached in every sense of the word, but not convicted. Not removed from office, as the Articles of Impeachment called for, because he ran away, out the back door, before the gavel fell.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Ran all the way into infamy !!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Infamy, yeah.........He redeemed himself with diplomacy. Gotta give him credit for that. He was, and will always be remembered as a the Statesman that he was, too.

Unfortunately, I doubt that Trump will carry a similar legacy is statesmanship.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I know. There's a historical legal differentiation. But History still remembers him for the cowardly crook and liar that he was....Impeached in every sense of the word, but not convicted. Not removed from office, as the Articles of Impeachment called for, because he ran away, out the back door, before the gavel fell.

Is all this a deflection as to how ignorant you are acting about not admitting you were wrong? Nixon was not impeached, he resigned. It's something you learn when you study this topic. And no matter how bad you think he was, the facts are the facts, and you are wrong. Now be a big boy and admit it. I promise you will gain some aspect of respect rather than looking as foolish as you do right now.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

LOL Nixon was impeached, by all sense of the word, just not convicted. His crimes are attached to his legacy forever.

I predict the same for tRump.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

LOL Nixon was impeached, by all sense of the word, just not convicted. His crimes are attached to his legacy forever.

I predict the same for tRump.

Link to many sources which all say the same thing.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I know, I understand how much you guys want to defend crooks and liars, like Nixon and your guy Trump, who emulates Nixon and will most probably bare consequences that will exceed Nixon's.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join