It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third Industrial Revolution - system update 3.0

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The first and second industrial revolutions introduced inventions like harnessing electricity, rail systems, steam engines, the automobile, manufacturing and industrialization, aircraft and so on and so forth. We moved away from agricultural economies and into industrializzed ones. However, for the 21st century a THIRD industrial revolution is much needed.

It is needed to address many environmental concerns and human rights issues. We need to shift into a third industrial revolution as our current system has a dated grid, using dated energy production (oil, coal etc), a dated monetary system that needs to be replaced, transportation etc.

Automation needs to seriously be emphasized. A new monetary system with changed value system and exchange rates.

16 hour work weeks should be considered full time. Machine automation already does most of the work for us so in many instances 40 hour work weeks aren't necessary anymore.

We need 24/7 businesses with optional rotating shifts which one can choose their work shift at any time. A 4 hour work day should be considered a full day at this point. If we can create a new currency with a new value system then 16 hour work weeks can be the norm. This current debt will never be repaid and many are becoming financially overwhelmed but if we created a new currency it would instantly solve many of our problems.

Here's an outline of suggestions:
- We need renewable biofuels made from algae (which can be used as fuel for pre-existing technology and even boilers for gas and heating). This can help create jobs as well as solve our current eco crisis with dwindling non-renewable fossil fuels. Algae can also be used to purify human waste water into pure drinkable water

- Ban meat consumption and replace it with synthetic meat and plant protein (which still tastes like regular meat).

- Allow 24/7 industry with optional rotating shifts (i.e. 6:00am - 3:00pm, 11:00pm - 3:00am etc). 24/7 ran businesses can include gyms, hospitals, law enforcement/military, IT-related fields, telecommunications, manufacturing and production, customer service centers, fast food/restaurants, transportation, vertical farming, grocery and department stores. Jobs that can't operate 24/7 due to sound ordinances (e.g. construction, outdoor laborers etc), increment weather (e.g. once again construction, outdoor laborers etc), or traditional 9-5 office settings can remain the same. Obviously not all businesses can operate 24/7.)

- 16 hr work weeks should be considered full-time. Note that one can still work as many hours as needed or desired as all jobs are not equal. Businesses that require longer shifts - e.g. 8, 10, 12 hr shifts etc - will still exist. Not all businesses have to be 24/7 obviously.

- Have at least free 2 year college tuition for community colleges (paid by taxes).

- Universal health care (not universal health INSURANCE which penalizes employees), also paid by taxes.

- Change our chemical water treatment with reverse osmosis and ion exchange systems for ultra-pure water. NASA does this for their drinking water.

- Allow more open source material.

- Use clean sustainable energy development like solar and wind power, EV cars and charge stations, hydrogen fuel cells. Some cities are fully powered with just windo and solar energy. The sun, if fully harnessed, is worth $15 trillion/hr.

- Other energy production methods using battery technology and wireless electricity.

- Replace world militaries with a civil police force monitoring their own respective regions. If militaries can't be replaced then at least change foreign/domestic policy.

- Militaries, as of now, should be used for reforestation and plantation projects. The sands in the middle east, for example, can be used to make silicon which can later be used to make computer microchips and semi-conductors.

- Disclosure and investigation on the 9/11 event, the alien conspiracy, and other credible conspiracy theories.

- Enhance our security grid with more cameras in the public, improve our logistic systems, change our consumption patterns.

- Use information technology, wi-fi, and idle network servers to charge hospitals/shelters (I forget what this is actually called.)

- Decentralize energy especially for hospitals, shelters, and in times of natural disasters/crises. Allow energy independent households.

- We need to update our current infrastructure as many areas are delapitated and going through urban decay as well as posing environmental problems (chemicals in our eco-system, lead-based poisoning, etc). Updating our infrastructure can create much needed jobs.

- Change our mental health system into occupational, behavioral therapy and natural holistic treatment center. Many are finally admitting there is isn't any mental illness. They should be used as counseling and financial advisory centers as well.

- Recycling has to be mandatory to conserve our limited resources.

- Establish a legal age limit to bare children (21 - 25 years of age would be appropriate) and, in places of overpopulation, have a 1-2 child policy to prevent over-crowding and the spreading of communicable/non-communicable diseases.

- Space mining may be a good idea to find much needed resources (ore, metal, exotic materials). Colonization maybe in the future.

- Impose stricter FCC regulations and censorship for media/internet as much of it is currently innapropriate and creating security problems.

- News stations needs a more neutral response when reporting crime and incidences (e.g. "(insert name) was killed on the corner of 42nd and Main by (insert name) - full stop." "(insert name) has died today at the age of 75 of natural causes. - full stop.")

- Start implementing vertical farms to grow food crops/material items, especially in inner city areas to create jobs and lower crime.

- We need more automated transportation and rail systems to move people and items.

- Automated restaurants.

- Replace the Federal Reserve and other banking systems with a new global smart currency to overcome disparity with our trading partners and imbalanced exchange rates. New universal currency should be electronic and only require debit and online transactions.

- New currency should be processed and managed by a world government entity (not by privately owned banks).

- New currency should have an UBI, be contract based, have automated taxes, payments, fees, budgeting, and other traditional money handling procedures.

- New currency should allow everyone basic guaranteed income and opportunity for advancement. Less demand in work hours and more availability to attend school would allow one to actually work and obtain a degree. I say this because it's physically impossible to work and go to school at the same time with our current schedule and pricing for products and services)

- Eventually the world should be annexed into a singular entity and at least divided into sectors/regions. Universal prohibition of malum in se crimes should be enforced. Regions can have various tribal/local/federal laws depending on community vote. Regions can have specific constitutions. Inhabitants can choose which region they want to live in based on their preference for laws and cultural way of life.

(not a full post still editing)
edit on 4-1-2017 by supermilkman because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2017 by supermilkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: supermilkman

Although I do agree with some of the points, too many of the points to list sound more like a world from one of those futuristic horror movies. I'd rather off myself than live in this kind of world.
edit on 4-1-2017 by Quaria because: no

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
to do half that stuff would require us reimagining what civilzation is, and how it functions.

i think most would be impossible, just due to human nature. While humans are prone to irrational behavior, it is wholly rational that unmotivated people are unrewarded in life, and are unproductive in general.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Can't edit my last comment due to time restraints. Just wanted to add some pictures and videos to think about. Obviously easier said than done.

Overall the characteristics of a third industrial revolution is a digital revolution, using lateral power, and renewable electricity.

Think digital.

Third Industrial Revolution

Synthetic meat

24/7 Manufacturing with rotating shifts you can choose

24/7 IT-related fields with rotating shifts you can choose

Renewable biofuel made from algae

Universal health care

EDI water treatment

Hydrogen Fuel Cell

Open source material

Disclosure project

We need more of these in the public

Decentralized energy

The future grid

Natural holistic treatment

Other reasons why we need to update our infrastructure

Vertical farming

Automated restaurant

Automated industry

New global currency

edit on 5-1-2017 by supermilkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quaria

Although I do agree with some of the points, too many of the points to list sound more like a world from one of those futuristic horror movies. I'd rather off myself than live in this kind of world.

It's better than living in the jungle. I'm giving these recommendations because our current grid is dated and even dangerous. A lot of our issues mostly stem from money. I'll post a graph showing why we need a new currency ASAP.

Also there will still be nature preservation. Wild life, parks, beaches etc will still exist. It's not going to be a total mega city.

Either way the status quo is not good.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Quaria

Look at these charts. It should be more than enough proof that we need a new currency.

Inflation Chart

Consumer Price Index

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Many of these ideas have been in the minds of social scientists for over half a century. Back then people called them liberals and most of these ideas were squashed.

I 63 or 5, I read about a think tank. Back then , the about the only think tanks were organized by scientists mostly. Social and technological etc. They put out a paper on what the thought the world would look like by 2000. They gave a spectrum of possible futures 2000 ranging from utopian to fascist and corporate dictatorship. On a graph, the year 2000 was on the top, and the present day, the mid sixties, was on the bottom.

In between the present and the future were a whole range of changes and things that would need to be done to reach any of the possible futures described on the graph. The things that needed to be done were not simple and the ones that would be needed to reach a utopia were dramatic much like many of the suggestion brought out in your OP

If one wanted a future of fascism, all we needed to do was nothing, just let things go on the way they were, economically ecologically socially etc. Guess which way things have gone.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
to do half that stuff would require us reimagining what civilzation is, and how it functions.

i think most would be impossible, just due to human nature. While humans are prone to irrational behavior, it is wholly rational that unmotivated people are unrewarded in life, and are unproductive in general.

I agree. I think the population needs a radical perspective change that would probably be too uncomfortable to handle.

Many are incompetent and un-disciplined. Many project a worldview that isn't grounded with reality.

I'd say it's religious delusions that is going too hold back many people. Good luck getting your religious type to believe in evolution.
People that can't let go of their obsolete ways of life eventually become dangerous if one is too attached too these old faith-based systems.

Africans that eat infected bushmeat and spread viruses throughout the community because it's their "tradition" is one example. Your every day meat eaters that will probably not stop eating meat yet are potentially spreading BSE pathogens is another (which by the way needs temperatures as high as 600-700 celsius to eliminate.)

Most successful industry, and people, ultimately learn to adapt to change. Being current is essential.

Many are uncomfortable with change however. Even worse is that people tend to flake out when given a difficult task or when trying to understand a complex idea like computer science or engineering. When the going gets tough they quit.

Intolerant people that have a bad case of ethnocentrism is also not good.

Anthropologists and informed people understand things like cultural relativism. Others think the world revolves around their thinking and if somebody doesn't agree with it then they're "evil." This leads to tribalism and then duality (which is archaic thinking.)

Anyhow these are just suggestions. Obviously you can't force anyone to change their belief system. All you can do is plant seeds.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Many of these ideas have been in the minds of social scientists for over half a century. Back then people called them liberals and most of these ideas were squashed.

I 63 or 5, I read about a think tank. Back then , the about the only think tanks were organized by scientists mostly. Social and technological etc. They put out a paper on what the thought the world would look like by 2000. They gave a spectrum of possible futures 2000 ranging from utopian to fascist and corporate dictatorship. On a graph, the year 2000 was on the top, and the present day, the mid sixties, was on the bottom.

In between the present and the future were a whole range of changes and things that would need to be done to reach any of the possible futures described on the graph. The things that needed to be done were not simple and the ones that would be needed to reach a utopia were dramatic much like many of the suggestion brought out in your OP

If one wanted a future of fascism, all we needed to do was nothing, just let things go on the way they were, economically ecologically socially etc. Guess which way things have gone.

Liberals are known to be progressive. They understand trends and can forecast events by using projection and probability.

Much of your sci-fi and comedies are actually hidden truths that the masses aren't aware for. Some people are ahead of their time while others don't get the big picture.

Think tanks are strategists. They see the big picture and can ultimately see down the future. Some make outlandish claims that sounds crazy to everyone but then later find out proven to be true. Someone that knows the truth would be seen as crazy by their peers.

Conservatives (not trying to call them out, I actually understand their opinion on many things) are too traditional and anti-intellectual. They often have Christian-Judeo values, reject evolution (therefore not fully understanding microbiology, circadian rhythms, our eco-system, chemistry etc), sometimes think science is bad, nationalist, pro-war, anti-LGBT and other human rights, racist, misogynists etc.

This isn't just conservatives either, it's anyone really. Even your progressives, in the course of time, eventually become traditionalists.

I think the key is focusing on science and technology. If people can direct their attention on that instead of celebrity gossip or religion then we can better ourselves. And having morals is common sense. You don't need to be in a religion to understand that.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Here's a video about Maxwell's demon. It might be a link to free energy.
m.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: supermilkman
Your every day meat eaters that will probably not stop eating meat yet are potentially spreading BSE pathogens is another (which by the way needs temperatures as high as 600-700 celsius to eliminate.)
600 Celsius isn't quite enough to eliminate transmission, but 1000 Celsius should do it. Obviously this means any ordinary cooking temperatures are insufficient.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Exposure to 600°C completely ashed the brain samples, which, when reconstituted with saline to their original weights, transmitted disease to 5 of 35 inoculated hamsters. No transmissions occurred after exposure to 1,000°C.
So 5 out of 35 hamsters experienced transmission after 600 Celsius, none after 1000 Celsius.

m.youtube.com...
The video doesn't say free energy, it says something about improved efficiency. While it may have practical applications eventually, what they've done doesn't seem remarkable to me and I certainly wouldn't call it free energy.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
That's great but what about religion swaying its ugly head or heads ?

That would screw the lot up for everyone 👍

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Food is art. Automating restaurants just won't happen, unless you are simply wanting sandwiches and whatnot.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Your every day meat eaters that will probably not stop eating meat yet are potentially spreading BSE pathogens is another (which by the way needs temperatures as high as 600-700 celsius to eliminate.)
600 Celsius isn't quite enough to eliminate transmission, but 1000 Celsius should do it. Obviously this means any ordinary cooking temperatures are insufficient.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Exposure to 600°C completely ashed the brain samples, which, when reconstituted with saline to their original weights, transmitted disease to 5 of 35 inoculated hamsters. No transmissions occurred after exposure to 1,000°C.
So 5 out of 35 hamsters experienced transmission after 600 Celsius, none after 1000 Celsius.

m.youtube.com...
The video doesn't say free energy, it says something about improved efficiency. While it may have practical applications eventually, what they've done doesn't seem remarkable to me and I certainly wouldn't call it free energy.

Thanks for the link about the temperatures. I guess at least 1000 celsius would be fail proof. Nevertheless our regular cooking temperatures are not hot enough to actually destroy these invisible microbes. And since so many people love eating meat it's going to be hard too convince them otherwise.

Also there is a federal law that you can't have more than 7 days worth of food in your home. Food eventually decays and rots after a certain amount of time and many create science experiments due too being lazy. Same thing with our sewers and septic tanks. It's full of decomposing rotting food particles. Trash cans also build-up residue.

Your restaurants, grocery stores, and slaughter houses are also extremely prone to infections (as it has has happened many times in the past.) Factoring in inefficiency and mistakes, there's bound to be a margin of error when handling meat.

Over-crowding in slaughter houses, not fully sanitizing the work environment, overlooking livestock that might be infected, cross contamination etc. You have to remember that food recalls happen all the time as many foods have spread e. coli, salmonella. Poultry, especially turkey, is going to spread things like the flu.

It's not all terrible however. Our bodies have a natural defense mechanism that uses anti-bodies to develop immunities to such bacteria. Still I think nation wide pandemics are going to be more common.

As for Maxwell's demon it negates the second law of thermodynamics which might lead to perpetual energy. It's all theory but I still like the video.

We're eventually going to have to move away from dated fossil fuels and implement things like hydrogen fuel cell (which is up to 98% fuel efficient.) A hydrogen fuel cell car would probably feel like driving a miniature space shuttle. There would be a lot less visits to the gas station that's for sure.

If you look at everything that is going on now you can see we're using dated energy production methods and have bad business models. Society is still too archaic especially when you see other countries like Japan, China, even Astana, Kazaksthan that are at the forefront of technology and social issues.

I'd also like 16 hr work weeks and 4 hour work days. Machine automation does most of the work for us at this point so we don't need to work such hours anymore. Shorter working hours and more free time would mitigate a lot of stress and probably crime as well.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
That's great but what about religion swaying its ugly head or heads ?

That would screw the lot up for everyone 👍

Yeah that's what I think too. I've been on youtube before and would post contradicting, dangerous passages from books like the bible and torah to convince them that their religions teach BAD messages. All it does is it gets them angry.

I'll admit I was like that at one point now not so much. I have my beliefs on the spirit world but I don't try to impose it on anyone. Others have a right to their preference for religion or cultural way of life so as long as it doesn't harm anyone.

Still religious type should actually study their holy books to find the inconsistencies in them. God belief is sadly mostly delusional. Practical sciences like mathematics and biology, however, doesn't have much room for argument.

Stay left-brained.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Problem is, we the people, the actual population of this planet that doesn't have any ties to the governments and corporations of this world, don't have the ability to shape the world, because we lack the private talks and voting power.

Yes, we the people, don't have the voting power you think we do, even in America.

We don't choose anything, BUT the people who then go in and vote for the things we want.

So we've been deceived into believing that those we vote for, will continue to represent us after being voted in, and that is where the disconnect lies. In many aspects all over the world, this is the sad truth.

We don't run the world, we just live in it.

If you want to run the world, you need to be a part of it and you need to not allow things to happen that you KNOW will harm our FUTURE.

So, what can you do?

Stay home for a week as a whole, if we did, we would RUN this world and have the POWER to create the promising FUTURE we the people of this PLANET deserve.

Democracy died when we the people failed to keep it in check and not allow it to be corrupted.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Food is art. Automating restaurants just won't happen, unless you are simply wanting sandwiches and whatnot.

Not all industry has to be automated. I just think we could use more automated businesses.

We can have automated restaurants and still keep all of the regular restaurants. Same thing with energy production. Oil can still exist with electric vehicles, solar energy, biofuels etc.

If anything this would create variety in the markets, not a monopoly. People like to try different experiences and different foods. Sort of like the check-out lines in stores. There's regular check-out and self-checkout. You can choose what you want.

This isn't a fully automated restaurant but these are ideas for one.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

yeah, you could totally automate stuff like McDonalds. And probably do better, as the computer is disinterested and with a bad attitude. So despite the impersonal nature of it, the experience would likely be better for the consumer.

But i employ actual chef's that make cuisine. And we are a loong way from having that type of thing automated. Although there are a million ways to improve on the system.

We've tried out systems like "plateIQ" to convert invoicing directly into AP entries. Saves on invoice coding and entry, which is maybe 10 hours of my week. Maybe a little less, depending. We are probably less than 10 years from removing the need for accounting folks. HR has already been almost totally automated, with my HR functions being solely decision making now. Records, requests, all that administrative stuff has been automated through Paycom (or any other number of HRIS providers)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

yeah, you could totally automate stuff like McDonalds. And probably do better, as the computer is disinterested and with a bad attitude. So despite the impersonal nature of it, the experience would likely be better for the consumer.

But i employ actual chef's that make cuisine. And we are a loong way from having that type of thing automated. Although there are a million ways to improve on the system.

We've tried out systems like "plateIQ" to convert invoicing directly into AP entries. Saves on invoice coding and entry, which is maybe 10 hours of my week. Maybe a little less, depending. We are probably less than 10 years from removing the need for accounting folks. HR has already been almost totally automated, with my HR functions being solely decision making now. Records, requests, all that administrative stuff has been automated through Paycom (or any other number of HRIS providers)

I think especially for fast food automation would be good. It's safer for both the worker and consumer.

A computer is neutral, doesn't have an agenda, doesn't complain, steal, get tired, take breaks, and doesn't require to be paid. It just needs to be monitored and have regular maintenance. Workers would still work but nowhere near as much.

That's why I keep stressing automation. It has the potential to eliminate money altogether once it gets advanced enough. It probably won't be in the near future however. Still, I think an automated process through drive-thrus would be a good idea. Sort of like the drive-thru section in banks. There's a funnel that transports your money/items. Why can't we do that for food?

If you're going to have 5 course meals and gourmet food then of course go to your upscale restaurants. There's certain things that only humans can do that technology can't do. Then again tech might evolve enough to eventually make 5-star dishes.

Look at the way cars are made. They're all created by robotics and are better than hand-made cars. Let the robots do the work.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

So I guess restaurants would become vending machines.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join