It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana advocates to hand out joints at Trump inauguration

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Pro-marijuana organization DCMJ will begin distributing the 4,200 joints at 8 a.m. on Jan. 20 on the west side of Dupont Circle. The participants will then walk to the National Mall. At four minutes and 20 seconds into Trump's speech, DCMJ founder Adam Eidinger says protesters will light up. He says the giveaway is legal as long as it's done on District of Columbia land. Those smoking on federal land risk arrest. Eidinger says the group wants to send a message that the federal government should legalize cannabis.

apnews.com...

They are doing this to bring awareness to the issue of legalizing marijuana. They say it's legal to smoke as long as it's on DC land.

If this does happen, it will be the most mellow inaguaration ever. Except for the anti-Trump protestors that will be there.

At 4 minutes and 20 seconds into Trumps speech protestors will be lighting up. I wonder if Trump will have anything to say about it as it unfolds.
I will be sitting at home watching if i don't work that day and will light up at 4:20 as they do. Gotta support the cause

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

It's TECHNICALLY still illegal in DC to smoke on federal property so this could be a VERY illegal event depending on where these people decide to light up. But then again, I'm sure the police won't be too worried about arresting 4200 people all at once for smoking pot.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm sure the police won't be too worried about arresting 4200 people all at once for smoking pot.

Thats a lot of "revenue" .

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

If you want to be technical, it is illegal everywhere since it is illegal federally.

I might decide to go to this.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Nothing like announcing this ahead of time !!

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

How awesome would it be if Trump lit up as well? (I say that kind of tongue-in-cheek, but I really do hope that he's less behind the war on drugs that I think he is...or, at least, less apathetic about it as I think he is)

Still, the reality is that it's still illegal at the federal level, and with as much federal authority that will be in the vicinity, I don't think that this stunt will go over well for many of those lighting up. Hopefully it'll be legal for his next inauguration (I say that with the hopes that he does a good job, not because I have embraced him in that position yet).

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

How awesome would it be if Trump lit up as well? (I say that kind of tongue-in-cheek, but I really do hope that he's less behind the war on drugs that I think he is...or, at least, less apathetic about it as I think he is)

Still, the reality is that it's still illegal at the federal level, and with as much federal authority that will be in the vicinity, I don't think that this stunt will go over well for many of those lighting up. Hopefully it'll be legal for his next inauguration (I say that with the hopes that he does a good job, not because I have embraced him in that position yet).

Beautifully stated, Slap. Thanks.

edit on 1/4/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Anything for you, Buzzy

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

We wouldn't have half the crap we have now in the world If our leaders had a puff together.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So this is how HSV-1 spreads.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

We wouldn't have half the crap we have now in the world If our leaders had a puff together.

Right?

ABSOLUTELY INDEED. (in the infamous words of BO XIAN) And all the Puritans, too....ought try to just live a little, relax, enjoy being alive, and not worry about what comes after your body expires.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I'm sure the police won't be too worried about arresting 4200 people all at once for smoking pot.

Thats a lot of "revenue" .

It also requires QUITE a bit of manpower.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlbanArthur

If you want to be technical, it is illegal everywhere since it is illegal federally.

I might decide to go to this.

I mean yeah, but like its still VERY illegal on federal land.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I am pro-legalization, even though I don't smoke. However, this type of childish protest will not help anyone take it serious. With Jeff sessions being AG, this will give the moron more reasons to whine about why it should be illegal. If people could be adult and responsible about how they approach the topic, they would get further, but by acting like teenagers will get nothing but rebuke. We really need non-retarded people to show the medicinal benefits as well as the monetary benefits to be taken seriously. Noone is going to listen to a bunch of pierced freakshow nimrod whining that they should be able to get high....

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Don't worry. Teens have crushing and snorting pills they get from the doctors by pill shopping for years wonder why hepatitis is rampant among youth? If you want to save your kids, start demanding locker and personal searches everyday and demanding medication lockers for students l.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I attended an Eddie Money concert at WinterLand, he came on stage and threw handfuls of pre rolled fatties to the crowd from two huge garbage sacks...

...It rained joints. Otherwise, still illegal.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114

Don't worry. Teens have crushing and snorting pills they get from the doctors by pill shopping for years wonder why hepatitis is rampant among youth? If you want to save your kids, start demanding locker and personal searches everyday and demanding medication lockers for students l.

I'd like to keep drugs out of kids hands as much as the next person, but forced invasions of privacy like that is NOT the way I'd like to go about it. Schools should be building trust with these students, not wiping their ass with it.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Natas0114

I'd like to keep drugs out of kids hands as much as the next person, but forced invasions of privacy like that is NOT the way I'd like to go about it. Schools should be building trust with these students, not wiping their ass with it.

100% agree- if you treat students like prisoners, students will treat schools as a prison.

On the other hand, maybe it wouldn't be so bad to destroy the public school system....

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I went to a "smoke in" in the late 70`s to protest the weed laws.it was at the park across from the whitehouse,everything was cool and the police didn`t come into the park to mess with anyone until....some jackass thought it would be a good idea to light a pack of firecrackers and throw them at the mounted police on the street next to the park,it spooked the horses and I guess the police decided it was time to put an end to the fun, then all hell broke loose.

there was only about 15-20 of the mounted police but when they came charging into the park in a line,swinging their nightsticks, it gave me an idea of what it must have been like to be on the wrong side of a cavalry charge.

edit on 4-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Greetings-

As a larger than average supporter of Cannabis, I mean the ZigZag Man has a tattoo of Me, I think this is totally "ill advised" at the very least. Now how about ALL the "Cannabis Cons" (non-supporters) it just gives them ammunition for a debate re: "People's Rights" to NOT be subjected to '2nd hand smoke' or similar.. Why give the Cons any ammo?

What happens when some minor league 'torchy' smokes some and then does a Forest Gump and jumps into the pond and drowns, then We'll have a "Marihuana related death"

Luckily, I won't be working as I feel that I just 'might' be forced to make My 2nd arrest related to Marihuana, as any true herb enthusiast would more likely enjoy their Erb in the privacy of their own abodes...

Don't give the Cons/TheMan any chances to bunk Your HIGH...

Stay Hydrated...

Proud member of LEAP• Law Enforcement Against Prohibition...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join