It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would a modern army rape and pillage?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Muslims do it every day.

They have express permission from Muhammed and the Koran.

In fact, Muhammed chastised his soldiers who were reluctant to rape the wives of men lined up in front of them waiting to be executed.

The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur’anic verse: (Sura 4:24) "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." (Abu Dawud 2150, also Muslim 3433)

Many of these jihadis have invaded Europe posing as "refugees" to fight for Islam and they consider the native Europeans enemies whose women they can rape freely with permission from Allah. That is why there is a Muslim rape epidemic.
edit on 2-1-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
i have no doubt modern western nations would do it if not for the geneva convention, our modern society is too depraved, uncontrolled and undisciplined not to, not only that but modern training is much softer than 300 years ago and troops are nowhere near as disciplined.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Vector99
This is the exact mindset that disgusts me when it comes to the military.

Yeah. I know.

Just be glad the military has been moulded into something Politically Correct for the time being. I assure you: were there no constraints, there'd be no restraints. Wars wouldn't be dragged out any longer than necessary and, consequently, the Military Industrial Complex couldn't profit-take as long as they get away with now.

One just needs to step aside and let human nature do what it does. Look at what it ultimately did for Japan!!

Killing Japanese didn't bother me very much at that time ... I suppose if I had lost the war, I would have been tried as a war criminal ... Every soldier thinks something of the moral aspects of what he is doing. But all war is immoral and if you let that bother you, you're not a good soldier. -Curtis LeMay (emphasis mine) Interesting Page

You talking BS.

Even in WW2 American and Britidh troop where generally well behaved.
Ok there where isolated incidences and when you have 5 million men your going to have some bad apples. But there was rarely and systematic rapes.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
You talking BS.

Even in WW2 American and Britidh troop where generally well behaved.
Ok there where isolated incidences and when you have 5 million men your going to have some bad apples. But there was rarely and systematic rapes.

Dresden ring any bells for ya?

And, seriously, professional Soldiers don't have time to pull their pants down and sex up 'entire villages' right in the middle of combat operations don'tchaknow. Why are you so fixated on rape? Because it's in the title of this thread? When is the last time a modern army laid siege to a city? I mean REALLY laid siege to one.

That need simply doesn't exist anymore. So what's left? You're the one who brought up the My Lai massacre. And what was that? Some low intensity conflict. A bunch'a kids and misfits shoved into harm's way ... and hamstrung by ridiculous Rules of Engagement.

Did you even follow the link I left in a previous post? You know ... the one that led to the wisdom of a 4-Star General from the Greatest Generation? Here's a couple more quotes of his I personally subscribe to:

There are no innocent civilians. It is their government and you are fighting a people, you are not trying to fight an armed force anymore. So it doesn't bother me so much to be killing the so-called innocent bystanders.

I'll tell you what war is about, you've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough they stop fighting.

Actually I think it's more immoral to use less force than necessary, than it is to use more. if you use less force, you kill off more of humanity in the long run, because you are merely protracting the struggle.

Here's a clue: Go back and read my posts again. Don't get excited while you're doing that. Do you know how to bring them up so they stand alone?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
That is considered the last time a city was sacked, but it was a very mild sacking historically. Also civilization has progressed quite a bit since then.

"Civilisation" is a very thin veneer. Ever read "Lord of the Flies"?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Organizations are not the armies of modern countries..

The plight of the sex trade and the evil that individuals do has nothing to do with the topic.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
i have no doubt modern western nations would do it if not for the geneva convention, our modern society is too depraved, uncontrolled and undisciplined not to, not only that but modern training is much softer than 300 years ago and troops are nowhere near as disciplined.

So depraved there is less rape, murder, starvation, child abuse, rebellions, civil wars, wars period, casualties of war, infant deaths, plagues, war crimes and every other evil act ever committed....

Too bad all that gay marriage is destroying society!! Lol

That soft PC society has come with some obvious benefits... like all the massive comforts of modern life which includes less crime, death, famaine exc

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Muslims do it every day.

They have express permission from Muhammed and the Koran.

In fact, Muhammed chastised his soldiers who were reluctant to rape the wives of men lined up in front of them waiting to be executed.

The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur’anic verse: (Sura 4:24) "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." (Abu Dawud 2150, also Muslim 3433)

Many of these jihadis have invaded Europe posing as "refugees" to fight for Islam and they consider the native Europeans enemies whose women they can rape freely with permission from Allah. That is why there is a Muslim rape epidemic.

And Christians had no problem putting every man woman and child in any city they fought to the sword..

For 99.5% of its history.. or realistically what??

250 years out of 2016.. what's that uber conservative percent ?? Cause a lot of people would say from 1ad to 1945 in Berlin..

Pot, meet kettle.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Sorry this seems to a stupid thread, they all rape and pillage our officers play with the Bali boys, its all there and just as sick as it ever was. The world is a lie, fact.
The German solders were told not to rape but they had to supply the whores, just to stop them from queering of with each other. HA! HA! Ha! HA!

Still WWII, MacArthur supplied horrors in Japan after WWII, but there was a shortage of penicillin, and all the troops were getting the sif, God forbid it was found out. But when the whores were cut off our good guys were back to aping the local Japanese women, even tho the Japs supplied there Korean whores.

After WWII France let the Moroccan Mercenaries Rape, rob and murder all the way up thru Italy, didn't matter it she was 8 or 80.

Nothing has changed the world is a lie, we are just out of the stone age, just like being so stupid to think you get 72 Virgins, those people are morons, like 72 would even be enough, way better than camel puss though. I would tthink.

Now how can these brainiacks even talk about using Nukes, you can't rape um then, they would all be overdone,meat falling off the bone. But I gots their Gold and it glows in the dark.

Can you believe if any advanced aliens are looking at us, they are prob roling on the floor laughing at what idiots we are.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Japan asks U.S. to finally stop military-related rapes, deaths
Link

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Not exactly, we still have our armies too. But international mega corporations are a type of warfare all on their own as well. You can conquer countries by economic force as well. If the "fit hits the shan" you might have to send in the military too at some point. But you can ruin a nation with corporate control of the economy as you drain it's resources and enslave it's people driving them into poverty and servitude and change their culture with Religion and and changes in Government.

Toss in teletubbies and bad television and they'll never recover.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Not exactly, we still have our armies too. But international mega corporations are a type of warfare all on their own as well. You can conquer countries by economic force as well. If the "fit hits the shan" you might have to send in the military too at some point. But you can ruin a nation with corporate control of the economy as you drain it's resources and enslave it's people driving them into poverty and servitude and change their culture with Religion and and changes in Government.

Toss in teletubbies and bad television and they'll never recover.

Only if you have never experienced actual warfare..

No one ever in a war zone would agree with you.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Japan asks U.S. to finally stop military-related rapes, deaths
Link

Those are criminals, not an army expecting spoils of war they are legally entitled to..

Historically it would be a fair example if the Soon to be incarcerated rapists were ordered to rape every woman in Tokyo...by the president... and paid extra for every male the murder..

Which is exactly the opposite from. What you mentioned.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Put any armed force under the right conditions and stresses and you run the risk that their discipline breaks down to the degree that this could happen.

It isn't that ISIS are less human than any of the rest of us; it's simply that they don't care to win over the populations they conquer. They want to dominate through fear and subjugation, and those tactics you describe work well for that. Look at how well they live inside all our heads already.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

I doubt it..

One piece of paper isn't stopping the superpowers from doing anything if they wanted to..

By today's sensibilities it would be hard to propaganda yourself the good guys when legally allowing rape and pillage.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Put any armed force under the right conditions and stresses and you run the risk that their discipline breaks down to the degree that this could happen.

It isn't that ISIS are less human than any of the rest of us; it's simply that they don't care to win over the populations they conquer. They want to dominate through fear and subjugation, and those tactics you describe work well for that. Look at how well they live inside all our heads already.

For every soldier though???

Or at least such a large percent it might as well be every one..

See half the soldiers wouldn't even meet the historical threashold.. 3/4 really wouldn't either...

You would need 9/10 of the us army to be willing to rape and murder women and children and I personally don't think you would have 30% go feral.

Look at Vietnam..sure you had monsters , but you also had people fighting to hold their fellow soldiers accountable for rape and slaughter.

Historically everyone would be raping and such, not a fraction of the total body.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Has been taking place for decades.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What would it take for yourself (if your a male of army age) and/or your brother, father or son to rape and pillage???

How many people saying "it's ok" would it take to make it ok for you personally???

If everyone else was including you were doing it how many people would it take to tell you "Hold up now. Look at what your about to do... is this really who you wanna be???" To snap you out of it??

It's an interesting human question.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I'm not comparing the two as in to say one replaced the other. Never mind though. You're just focused on actual physical war so that's cool.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I'm not comparing the two as in to say one replaced the other. Never mind though. You're just focused on actual physical war so that's cool.

More the question of what it would take you to do it now..

Most replys saying "we still do it" or "they would in a heart beat". Seem to be taking it from a "they would" , rather than a "we would" POV.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join