It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire Tablet USB Port Problem - Help Please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Everything was fine until I let one of my kids use my Fire Tablet. Now I have problems to charge it every time I plug the wire. Kind of loose, need to move the plug to find a position where the device will charge again and hold it there. I used a different wire and still have the problem, so I guess is the port.

I paid like 50 bucks for the tablet, so I wonder if someone knows a cheap fix.

Thanks in advance !

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

This is a known problem with the older kindle fire. We called amazon and they sent a replacement. It's worth opening a trouble ticket with them.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Don't let kids use your electronics devices or chargers.
I have had bagfuls of chargers ruined by my children. When I got Samsung S5 phone, it came with a charger that was not compatible with anything my children had.... it lasted over a year and is still working.
They have pushed the USB receptacles out of the mounting ports on pads and phones.... because they had the plug upside down and forced it.
I let mine know that my chargers are mine and theirs are theirs and that is the way it must be.
edit on b000000312016-12-31T09:57:11-06:0009America/ChicagoSat, 31 Dec 2016 09:57:11 -0600900000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I buy the six foot long USB cords in bulk on Amazon for this very issue. It's never been my kindle itself, always the end of the charging cord.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I have two Kindle, one of the paper white old ones and a Fire.
I have never had any charging issues with either one. I never let my kids charge them... I do let them use them though.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

The battery on my original kindle is failing....so when I saw the Kindle Fire for $49.00....I got one as a back up.
The USB cord that came with it was so chintzy....I pitched it in favor the ones I use regularly..

I found the port on the $49. Kindle to be not as nice/substantial/sturdy as the one on the original, more expensive model.
When technology is cheaper, sometimes it translates to not as durable.

I would take Martin's advice and open a ticket with Amazon....what do you have to lose?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

There is a common problem. I just had them replace mine for the same reason.
The connection was not complete and it wouldn't charge.
The port always seemed off to me but I thought it was the design that made the wire sit in the port at a slight angle. Then all of a sudden it wouldn't charge at all.
I'm on my fifth fire. My original was the first kindle e reader. Then I got an eight inch fire which my husband drowned in the kitchen sink. Then I had to buy a new eight inch which I then gave away so I could get a ten inch. Now I have a new ten inch because of the faulty port. Got it replaced just this past Tuesday.
Call Amazon. Information has the toll free number

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

The actual port has been an issue according to the young man I spoke with in Amazon customer service.
He was in the Caribbean somewhere. Nice huh?
My first fire was the best but like I said hubby drowned it in dish water last winter.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
MicroUSB, good luck with re-soldering that port to the mainboard!! I used a magnifying glass and the thinnest soldering iron i could find, still looked like i was using a garden hose instead of a needle.

Open a ticket

ETA: in the future, do not allow children or ANYONE else to borrow your electronics. The port is held on purely by solder alone, one misdirection of plug to port or twist when connected is risky even in your own hands

edit on 2016-12-31T13:42:56-06:002016Sat, 31 Dec 2016 13:42:56 -0600bSaturday4212America/Chicago161 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Thank you all for your advices, I might call Amazon.

Happy New Year my friends !

new topics

top topics

join