It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents in Texas town could face criminal charges for walking their kids to school

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Parents in Magnolia Texas just outside of Houston have been banned from walking their kids to school. Not only banned but face criminal charges.

The principal says the new policy is about safety, and it does not matter how close you live to the school you have to take the bus or use the drop ff pick up line.

Basically parents are not allowed to step foot on the school property or they will be cited.

his has happened to many parents," Jarman says. "They have been cited. They have been threatened, if they step one foot on school property, they will be arrested and charged with who knows what."

The cops there are behind this 100%.

Parents are pulling their kids from the school left and right and who can blame them? If it is a dangerous neighborhood I could understand not letting kids walk to school by themselves but not letting a kids dad walk her to school is mind boggling.

And who the hell wants their kid on a public school bus if you only live a block away? Walking is the safest way to travel

www.fox26houston.com...

Pick your child up from school and you could be charged with trespassing. That's the threat against parents at Bear Branch Elementary School in Magnolia ISD. This is the school's tactic to keep parents who live close to the school from walking on school grounds.

Bear Branch is losing students over this pick up policy, that's been in place since the beginning of this school year. The principal has decided that no matter how close the student lives to the school, the student must either take the bus, or the parent must wait in a long car pickup line. Try to walk your student off the campus and you could face criminal charges.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111
Parents in Magnolia Texas just outside of Houston have been banned from walking their kids to school. Not only banned but face criminal charges.

This has got to be fake news.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

This has got to be fake news.

Well it is ludicrous. But I think its true.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

Hopefully, the locals will soon figure out how few people vote for school superintendent or school board positions, take over next election, and fire everyone involved.

We got within a few dozen votes for one of the high school seniors on the 'rock and roll ticket' for school sup, with nothing but some bumper stickers for advertising.

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Why would I send my child anywhere I wasn't allowed. End of story...

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

This has got to be one of the dumbest, most moronic things I have ever heard off.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
How sinister. Treating parents like predators... How could they feel ok sending their kids there?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

It very well may be true. I live in WA state and my 2nd grader goes to a school that was built about 25 years ago. It was built without sidewalks leading in our out of there and we currently live behind the fence on the back side of the school lot.
There is an intentional gap in the chain link fencing with an offset maze configuration so that you can't run or ride a bike through without walking it. When I signed my son up for school last year they started to tell me what bus he would be on, I said "oh no, we live right nearby and he will be walking in on the path out back" the lady in the office nearly lost it and started ranting about how we need to let him take the bus and continually asked me "What path?" I told her that there are other kids in the neighborhood that use this path too and it is an official school district path complete with signage for "Gun Free Zone" , no entry after 8PM, etc..

She still tried to get me to walk my son 1/3 of a mile the other way to catch the bus to drive him 30 minutes to the school where it takes us all of 5 minutes to go from our door to his classroom. She said it has always been this way. They never built sidewalks since the neighboring streets do not have them and so they bus the kids, even the kids who live on the street in front of the school get a bus ride down the driveway (it is a curvy hilly driveway that is about 1/3 mile in from the street. I couldn't believe it at first. Now, seeing this thread, I can tell you it is most probably true. Certainly not how it was when I went to school.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'd want to know what they are trying to hide from the parents ... I'd organize as many parents as I could to walk kids to school ... even if they had to park in my yard to do it ..

I would also be stopping by the school at all odd hours to check up on what is going on ...

Doesn't not sound right at all to me ... if I had to I would home school my child

edit on 29-12-2016 by justme1640 because: (I can't type apparently)

edit on 29-12-2016 by justme1640 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Heads up, people...

It should be noted that this old news story is from April 6th of this year, and has long since been addressed and resolved. Here is what actually happened, and the school's immediate response on April 7th:

Pickup policy

Parents are not "pulling their kids from school left and right". That is a lie. They are not being arrested or threatened if they set foot on campus. That is also a lie. They were attempting to circumvent the safety protocol for after-school pickup to avoid waiting in line, which places children in danger and inhibits the staff from properly doing their jobs, getting these kids safely off campus. It is a common practice at many schools by parents who don't want to wait like everyone else, and they were right to put a stop to it.

This is what "fake news" actually looks like, folks. And it took less than sixty seconds to ascertain that.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

I hear that, when I went to school they were cheap, if they had it their way everybody would walk so that they wouldn`t have to pay for buses.
you had to live 1 mile or more from the school in order to get a bus ride,we lived .9 miles and had to walk while our friends down the street got to ride.

edit on 29-12-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Did not see that it was from April 6th I would not even have bothered posting figuring it was allready covered.

It was linked on another site just today so I assumed it was new

And you cant just say the parents who said they were threatned with tickets are lying just because the school district said it did not happen.
edit on 29-12-2016 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
So can they drop them off at the gates?
I assume technically the sidewalk outside the school isnt school grounds.

This to me just reeks of "leave your children alone so we can kidnap them".

How this is legal let alone enforced by the local cops is just beyond me

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Did not see that it was from April 6th I would not even have bothered posting figuring it was allready covered.

You did more than simply assume it was new. You presented it as fact, and even went so far as to expound upon it with blatant lies. I will continue to call you and every one of your ilk out for this garbage, every time I see it, and I strongly encourage everyone else who is sick of the trash clogging this site to do the same.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

You did more than simply assume it was new. You presented it as fact, and even went so far as to expound upon it with blatant lies. I will continue to call you and every one of your ilk out for this garbage, every time I see it, and I strongly encourage everyone else who is sick of the trash clogging this site to do the same.

No I did not I said what was said in the damm article from a mainstream site

Just because you linked another article does not make what the parents said a lie. you

you mean the school district does not agree with the parents complaints well there's a big effing surprise.
edit on 29-12-2016 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Not only is it not fake as shown by your link, but they are forcing a penalty on parents who want to walk with their children, by making them wait until after the riders are gone.

What safety danger are you on about? If you mean the danger from traffic, that is the drivers irresponsibility as well as the school district (if they do not provide crossing guards).

You are sadly mistaken in this instance.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Not only is it not fake as shown by your link, but they are forcing a penalty on parents who want to walk with their children, by making them wait until after the riders are gone.

What safety danger are you on about? If you mean the danger from traffic, that is the drivers irresponsibility as well as the school district (if they do not provide crossing guards).

You are sadly mistaken in this instance.

she just likes her high horse.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Good! All parents are evil monsters anyway. They'll kill any child not of their own. They deserve this. And I'm not being sarcastic.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
Good! All parents are evil monsters anyway. They'll kill any child not of their own. They deserve this. And I'm not being sarcastic.

Well I am a parent so I have to ahhhhh nevermind.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Schools in the Portland area are starting to have similarly ridiculous rules. My girl starts school next year, but not in public if it's the type of school that treats me as a threat or a suspect. We all know it won't end here. It's getting bad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join