It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the president actually do a lot of work?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'm not American so my understanding may be shallow. As far as I understand it, the president is a ceremonial figurehead head of state and almost all the executive work is done by the Cabinet. The legislative stuff is done by Congress. Obama hardly did anything over a period of 8 years, spending hours every day golfing and often goes on long vacations.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tridalop

He Traditionally does Most of his Work on his Golf Swing . Oh , and Spends and Wastes a lot of the Tax Payers Money .

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The president doesn't make any decisions, he just follows orders and takes the blame for things people don't like. If you want to find the real policy makers then look no further than corporate America. Now they have one of their own in office which doesn't bode well for America.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tridalop
Obama hardly did anything over a period of 8 years, spending hours every day golfing and often goes on long vacations.

You might want to stay away from Right Wing sites - - and visit a Pro-Obama site once in awhile.

It might help you get a clearer perspective.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

If you want to find the real policy makers then look no further than corporate America.

Bull and crap.

Now they have one of their own in office which doesn't bode well for America.

Bout time instead of the lawyers that have ran it in to the ground.

(post by HUMBLEONE removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Obama hardly did anything over a period of 8 years, spending hours every day golfing and often goes on long vacations.

You might want to stay away from Right Wing sites - - and visit a Pro-Obama site once in awhile.

This has got to be the kookiest f#'n thing I've ever read on this site. zRelda...is that you?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yes, close your eyes and imagine what it would be like to be POTUS (the official position) - you have 7 billion people relying on you to not make the wrong decisions and every action you take and word you utter effects someone, somewhere.

You have very powerful global influences wanting to destroy/deconstruct the US 24/7/365, you have local, state and national representatives wanting your ear - your diary requires 2 staff just to maintain it.

When you go on TV, the media (MS and Alt) will spend the next 96 hrs tearing strips off every word you say and calling you out for things (mis) interpreted.

Then you have to have family time.

The POTUS is one busy MF - and the more he causes a trainwreck, the busier he's gonna be.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro

This has got to be the kookiest f#'n thing I've ever read on this site. zRelda...is that you?

Why?

You afraid of views and information that might be different from what's acceptable to you?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

The POTUS is one busy MF - and the more he causes a trainwreck, the busier he's gonna be.

I like that.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The current President is very busy.

He directs all the propaganda and decides what deflections to use.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The current President is very busy.

He directs all the propaganda and decides what deflections to use.

I've seen your sources.

They're hardly unbiased. OR even balanced.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro

Why?

You afraid of views and information that might be different from what's acceptable to you?

Haha.

Brainwashed.

It's not real if it's not partisan.

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

The President usually does a lot of work, sleepless stressful work.

Trump however is the king of twatter and is too good for presidential briefings. May he gracefully save our souls.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Squeeze it in while you can.

Obama's exposures are not done.

Next year will be a banner year for his legacy.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The president has been bought and paid for since at least Kennedy, they are just mouthpieces who are there to take the blame for any unpopular decision and keep the heat off of the real decision makers.

You've been a member here for a while now you should have realized this by now. If you honestly think that the president makes any real decisions other than the ones he's told to make then you haven't been paying very much attention.
edit on 12/29/2016 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

The biggest flaw in that so called logic is the state created fiat currency.

Aka MONEY.

Maybe if the people weren't for sale our leaders wouldn't be.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I came in hoping somebody actually knew about this because it's something I've wondered about in the past. ETA: I thought OP was wondering what the President actually did every day...

For a basic, not leaving the White House sort of day:

Wake up. Morning routine. Shave, shower, breakfast.

At some point in there or right after is the President's Daily Brief. That's what the DNI gives the President to ensure he knows what they think he needs to know. If something is missed or stressed, here' where it happens. Here's where one aspect of the control comes in.

Time for meetings: secretary of defense, advisors, cabinet members, senators, congress, CEOs (often referred to as "business leaders") and foreign leaders. I guess now is a good time for a UN update too but that part is just a guess.

Lunch, maybe with advisors or family. Rarely with foreign leaders, that's typically reserved for dinner.

Media photo ops. It's a good time to do this early to get that awesome, "I'm the President" feeling before doing the good stuff.

Time to do the grunt work, finalize the pass or veto of bills. This is the actual core of the President's job and is likely brutal since the wording used in bills has a different legal meaning than one might immediately think. I believe there's a decent amount of time spent looking up legal definitions to make sure the bill actually says what he thinks it says.

Early afternoon is a good time for Presidential press scrums. If there's something happening that the President chimes in on to the media it tends to happen right around now.

More meetings, discussions regarding how the President wants to handle bills or how he thinks senate / congress should be handling bills. Round table discussions.

Time to review the numbers. Absurd amounts of numbers. Totals for all kinds of things most people never even think about. Also, stock markets, local, foreign and global. What's military spending at? Did that thing we did last month affect the deficit? How's the growth response from that other bill we passed? Et cetera...

Now is another good media time, address the nation, record something for CNN or 60 Minutes, whatever. Makeup, rehearsal, time to record.

Dinner. Maybe with a foreign leader or CEO.

Now would be a good time to check the schedule for the next few days to see if he is leaving the White House or even the country.

I have no idea what would come after that. I would imagine there's another update or two from either the White House Chief of Staff or various advisors. Then end of day, sleep, wake up, do it all over again.
edit on 29-12-2016 by Noncents because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

As IF, you have a clue what president Obama actually does.

What do we know about Trump so far? Other then Daily Briefings bore him.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Annee

Squeeze it in while you can.

Obama's exposures are not done.

Next year will be a banner year for his legacy.

I'm actually more Right then you might think.

But, I'm not so Right if I took one step, I'd fall off a cliff.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join