It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockette Says Inauguration Performance Is ‘An Issue Of Racism And Sexism’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

If it is optional and they don't like it, then they don't have to do it.

So then what are they b-tching about?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I guess if this issue is a determining factor to the Rockettes intellect, then I'd say it speaks for it's self.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I believe it was the initial memo sent out. Seasonal's OP is a few days old in regard to the story.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I have worked for many professional dance companies (on the production side).

Dancers don't get to choose when and where to perform.
The directors, or administrators, book performances and without a legitimate doctor's note the dancers are expected to perform.
If they do not perform they likely will be released from their contract. It's not a big deal for the company, there are plenty more dancers willing and able to sign up.

These dancers who are complaining are a disappointment to their art.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

So help me here.

Some women who make money by what they do with their bodies are upset that they may have to perform in a venue that includes one guy that they don't agree with?

Am I missing something?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

They want to make a statement because they haven't learned to be grown ups yet and accept that people may have different opinions than them. They also refuse to acknowledge that they have performed for people who do the same things they claim to be against.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

How many times in a person's life do they get to perform for the POTUS. Idiotic stand and a non existent problem.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

The directors, or administrators, book performances and without a legitimate doctor's note the dancers are expected to perform.
If they do not perform they likely will be released from their contract. It's not a big deal for the company, there are plenty more dancers willing and able to sign up.

Apparently it is in the contract for the Rockettes that they can refuse, without penalty, outside engagements..meaning located where they do not normally perform.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

How many times in a person's life do they get to perform for the POTUS. Idiotic stand and a non existent problem.

It seems, that a lot of people do not want to for this incoming POTUS.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Apparently Donald has a bad reputation of not paying his talent. Perhaps that's it.....

wonkette.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

That really doesn't answer the question. There is a non existent threat, and a volunteer opertunity. Now if they don't does that mean they will be in deep doo doo at work? Who knows, but it wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Tax payers ALWAYS pay their bills, the party is a taxpayer funded party.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: olaru12

Tax payers ALWAYS pay their bills, the party is a taxpayer funded party.

Trump, is apparently not a tax payer (by his own admission), so you are right, he does not pay his bills.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Apparently Donald has a bad reputation of not paying his talent. Perhaps that's it.....

wonkette.com...

NO pay, no merch table and an NDA for seats at the ralley???? For these little girls. Can Trump get any worse????

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: eluryh22

They want to make a statement because they haven't learned to be grown ups yet and accept that people may have different opinions than them. They also refuse to acknowledge that they have performed for people who do the same things they claim to be against.

Who? The Rockettes or the USA Freedom Girls?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale

So help me here.

Some women who make money by what they do with their bodies are upset that they may have to perform in a venue that includes one guy that they don't agree with?

Am I missing something?

The Rockettes are generally a family show. Come to find some of them don't like Trump and they don't want to go. Their contract states and MSG Company, later said they don;t have to go. The OP is a few days old in information.

Normally, they do not perform in specific for one person. It is a large crowd of people they do not know. This is a political event focused on one person. They don't want to do it. I am not sure how this is confusing.
edit on 28-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: GreyScale

So help me here.

Am I missing something?

The Rockettes are generally a family show. Come to find some of them don't like Trump and they don't want to go. Their contract states and MSG Company, later said they don;t have to go. The OP is a few days old in information.

Normally, they do not perform in specific for one person. It is a large crowd of people they do not know. This is a political event focused on one person. They don't want to do it. I am not sure how this is confusing.

Because it's a gig in front of the biggest audience of the year. Turning it down based on your personal feelings of one person in the audience is just stupid.

Oh wait.. they're liberals.

Never-mind... carry on and I'm off to a real thread.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Apparently it is in the contract for the Rockettes that they can refuse, without penalty, outside engagements..meaning located where they do not normally perform.

I'm sure also in that contract there are clauses about, downsizing the dance troop without warning, or strict weight/health/size requirements, or others that would make these ladies fear of being fired for not performing valid. Otherwise this is much ado about nothing.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Apparently they're stirring the pot for the same reason that the divas in higher education are in meltdown. Nobody ever taught them to be adults. In the entertainment world, not really that different for academia if you think about it, they get an elevated sense of worth because people literally fall at their feet. When someone fails to show this sort of abject and complete devotion, their oversized egos get bruised and the pain of that has to be deflected to others since it is too much for them to bear alone. And since msm and social media depend on drama queens for bait---we have the current situation with adults acting like toddlers and being treated like toddlers.

And the rest of the world looks at our country and sighs....or laughs their heads off (that's my Irish friends who lived through the political "struggles" there.)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Oh, WOW! Now I understand completely. I thought they were performing for the inauguration ceremonies---didn't realize it was a command performance for only the Donald. Well then, I certainly don't blame them. I'd demand that others be allowed to view my performance as well. Thanks for the explanation.

edit on 28-12-2016 by diggindirt because: spelling

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join