It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instead of stealing Trumps Tax Returns why not file a FOIR?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Now that he is President Elect why don't you do a Freedom of Information request as that information falls under the public domain of a Need to know basis instead of a Tax return that was released years ago Laughing out Loud. Because you know the whole point of Hillarys private email server was to avoid FOIR relating to Benghazi.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Not sure what your point is. Tax Returns are considered private and personal and not subject to FOIA. Hillary's private server was designed to avoid FOIA on ANY subject, not just Benghazi.
edit on 12/27/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Can't. Apparently the FOIA doesn't apply to personal tax records. Personal privacy falls under one of its exemptions (Exemption 6 on page 8 of this PDF, to be exact). There's way more info in this DailyKos thread I'll link:

Tax Records and the FOIA

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Can't. Apparently the FOIA doesn't apply to personal tax records. Personal privacy falls under one of its exemptions (Exemption 6 on page 8 of this PDF, to be exact). There's way more info in this DailyKos thread I'll link:

Tax Records and the FOIA

I'm sure if you make up some BS about the Russians influenceing his tax returns it would get approved for sure.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Eeexcelent. If the Establishment controls Trump they'll use him like they have every other frontman, protecting the image of American Exceptionalism, while blaming the presider and scapegoating him when things don't go according to plan.

They ridiculed him before the election and continue to, if he doesn't fall into line they will expose every minor discrepenceny for everyone to dissect, hopefully hounding him into submission.

I'm not holding out much hope for real change though. Obama was landslided into office on a hope and change platform .Trumps slogan is the same, making america great again is promising hope and change, too. Obama rode in on promises of ending the war in Afghanistan and closing Gitmo, which never happened.

Trumps making a lot of noise, too. Thing is will he concede or continue to press? We've seen what happens to candidates that 'press' issues (Kennedys).

Trump appears to want to forgo the press and speak directly to the people via the internet. Wouldn't that be interesting?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Not sure what your point is. Tax Returns are considered private and personal and not subject to FOIA. Hillary's private server was designed to avoid FOIA on ANY subject, not just Benghazi.

If they are P and P why does every candidate release them then?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There is no law that requires the president to release tax returns to the public. Every cabinet member is required to do so by law. Only the president is exempt. Go figure.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If someone wants to hack Trump's tax returns, I'm sure it is possible. They've been through the IRS already. twitter.com...
edit on 27-12-2016 by tridalop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
One reason I think Trump does not release tax returns to the public is because doing so could give his competitors an advantage by knowing his business strategies. Trump has never done anything illegal in his entire life. It is not a matter of legality that he does not release his tax returns to the public.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: tridalop
There is no law that requires the president to release tax returns to the public. Every cabinet member is required to do so by law. Only the president is exempt. Go figure.

I do remember him giving multiple interviews saying it's none of are business what his tax returns are. But I know that is a common liberal argument to say Trump isn't taking the job seriously because he hasn't released his Tax Returns and doesn't take the Security Briefings every day. So in other words they got nothing on him other Hillary won the popular vote she's the real President even though everyone knew the rules before they signed up for the job.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

One reason I think Trump does not release tax returns to the public is because doing so could give his competitors an advantage by knowing his business strategies. Trump has never done anything illegal in his entire life. It is not a matter of legality that he does not release his tax returns to the public.

Agreed.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Trump has never done anything illegal in his entire life.

Are you sure about that? He settled out of court with the DOJ twice.

He paid 25 million in the Trump University suits, and even thought 25 mil will buy the right to say 'he didn't do anything wrong', 1 million of it is specifically going to the City of New York for 'running an unlicensed university'.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Trump has never done anything illegal in his entire life.

Are you sure about that? He settled out of court with the DOJ twice.

He paid 25 million in the Trump University suits, and even thought 25 mil will buy the right to say 'he didn't do anything wrong', 1 million of it is specifically going to the City of New York for 'running an unlicensed university'.

As part of the settlement, Trump did not admit wrong doing. The university was a private one and did not require a license in the first place. Trump does not have a criminal record.
edit on 27-12-2016 by tridalop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
If they are P and P why does every candidate release them then?

Because the public likes to see them. There's nothing that requires they be released.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Who on earth sent 3 pages of Trump's tax returns to the Washington Post in September? IMO it was either Trump himself or a hacker.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I`ve never understood why anyone would want to see the presidents tax returns. if the president is cheating on his taxes the IRS will already know about it, or at least find out about it.
as long as the president isn`t violating any tax laws why does it matter to you what is on his tax returns?

I`ve always felt that candidates who release their tax returns were just pandering for votes and blowing their own horns.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I don't care and I'm not a fan of taxes. I wouldn't understand any of those 10,000+ pages anyway.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Tax Records and the FOIA

I'm sure if you make up some BS about the Russians influenceing his tax returns it would get approved for sure.

Eh, they already audit him regularly anyways.

That and you're assuming our justice department has any interest in holding high ranking elected officials accountable....

Not saying I'm thrilled of that reality, just cognizant of it.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tridalop

exactly, most people wouldn`t understand what they were looking at anyway, and would it change the way they vote if they found out a candidate made less money than what they thought? or made more money than what they thought?

if a persons vote is so easily swayed by how much money a candidate made or didn`t make, then that person probably shouldn`t be voting anyway. a persons character is made up of much more than how much money they made.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
I`ve never understood why anyone would want to see the presidents tax returns. if the president is cheating on his taxes the IRS will already know about it, or at least find out about it.
as long as the president isn`t violating any tax laws why does it matter to you what is on his tax returns?

I`ve always felt that candidates who release their tax returns were just pandering for votes and blowing their own horns.

Taxes are good at stopping organized crime, it gives some reassurances that the president is legit rather than a criminal. It's the same for members of Congress. Plus, it gives the perception that they're playing by the same rules you are and are paying their share.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join