It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fights break out at malls across the United States

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

(CNN) Disturbances that included gunfire, massive brawls and food-court fights played out at more than a dozen malls across the country in what proved to be a chaotic day after Christmas.

The disturbances, some of which were captured on social media, prevented some shoppers from clearing off clearance racks and returning Christmas gifts as they intended.

Fights break out at malls across the United States

My opinion on this news article is that the dumbing down process has gotten so bad, that the day after Christmas in the United States, in a dozen malls, people by the 100's were all freaking out, and running wild and fighting.

Not quite a zombie apocalypse, but close enough, and when you observe some of the video of these incidents, I think you'll find it to be as disturbing as I did.

Most of these fights seem to be taking place in the food courts, which is strange, because it was like the 100 monkey effect since they were all taking place at around the same time but without some sort of nationally coordinated effort on social media albeit one such fight was announced in advance on social media.

In other words, there wasn't time for everyone in all these various malls across the country to suddenly go "Mall fight eh?" and then proceed to organize their own.

No, it was something wrong in the heart of the culture particularly among young people, and one with such powerful effects that the same thing manifested all over the country.

These were not stampedes at Wallmart either, but just people in the midst of endless people and thus with a certain level of anonymity, becoming drawn into "the madness of crowds".

If not for the work of a lot of great police officers, someone could have been killed, and many injured although a couple of small kids were hurt in the process.

If you find this thread to be of interest, please contribute any social media video recordings of all this Mall mayhem on boxing day. That would be interesting to see.

Is it all just kids being kids, or has something gone totally haywire as I'm suggesting?

In one instance, 500 people were participating, and in another 100's of people running every which way amid intermittent fighting.

Weird!

But that said, I also don't think this one was the work of any sort of organization or organized effort, or was the idea of Mall fighting ripe through facebook and twitter as a type of spark?

How do you explain this phenomenon?

edit on 27-12-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

How do you explain this phenomenon?

People that like to fight get hit in the head a lot.

They were lacking in other bad news to over-report on.
edit on 27-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

edit on 27-12-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

link   
Who knows. I procrastinated until Friday to Christmas shop. Also waited so i could bring my best friend who had Friday off so he could shop too. His birthday is about a week before Christmas and I always take him to a movie for his birthday a little tradition we got going. The traffic was packed worse than most years I remember and the stores and mall were absolutely stuffed. That said. Everyone seemed awfully civil, nobody fighting over any items and I hardly saw any aggressive drivers. I know it wasn't the same day as these fights broke out but, it seemed like everyone was in a holly, jolly mood. I didn't even get the headache I usually get from tons of traffic and shopping. reply to: AnkhMorpork

link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I expain this by pointing out that there are a lot of thick, greedy, selfish c#### around, and that in the states atm a lot of folks seem to really dislike each other.

Which is fair enough really as both polarised sides over there are particularly noxious and perhaps this is a reflection of that. Have at it i say and enjoy the show.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Have at it i say and enjoy the show.

Got popcorn?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 27-12-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: link fixed

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Seen this when trying to avoid MSM geared up topics although in a sense it is a conspiracy or rather a sign of the times. It's all part of the decay of society. Between all of the big pharma meds prescribed, how crappy life is for many paycheck to paycheck wondering where their next meal may come from, and more, people are slowly cracking.

Throw that in with after holiday shopping where there's competition for every day items(on sale items, gift cards attainable items), you're bound to have madness. Espcially with an already sick populace that feels the need to shoot into a grandmothers car, in turn killing her grandchild, because she was "following to closely" behind him in traffic.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Espcially with an already sick populace that feels the need to shoot into a grandmothers car, in turn killing her grandchild, because she was "following to closely" behind him in traffic.

I don't think you can blame the whole populace for that crazy act, but there is a certain mass madness to this I feel.

Like a bad cocktail mixture of angst and envy, jealousy, mischief, and all this the very day after Christmas.

Oh sigh.

Time for bed. Perhaps tomorrow will be better..

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
If I understood the article correctly, it was minors involved, not adults, and not over shopping items.
They were planned fights?

Malls have long been hang outs for young people, is that still the case?

Throughout history, hang outs for teens see a lot of brawls and competitions. Romeo and Juliette saw some of that action, Danny and Sandy did... it is part of being young and stupid.

I personally feel, as well, that teens pick up undercurrents of negativity from their environment.
It is an age where hormones make you sensitive, you are receptive because you are learning how to be social, and learning how the adult world works, but not yet experienced enough to channel effectively all you pick up.

Adults in the US are split amongst them and hostile towards each other. It sounds like its a powder keg right now.
It could be predicted that someone is going to act it out, and most likely it will be the young people.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma
That and social media helps change a 20 person fight into a 100 person fight.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Y'know, I was pleasantly surprised this year...I saw nothing that even vaguely resembled issues, and I wandered around a couple of different malls and chain stores this year.

As is usually the case with me, I left some shopping 'til the absolute last minute, so there were some cranky folks out there, but none of them seemed more than mildly put out. No shots. No punches thrown. I didn't even see many dirty stares...mostly people being rather nice.

Thanks, Obama!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

Romeo and Juliette saw some of that action, Danny and Sandy did... it is part of being young and stupid.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
And some people here on this site say/said that us people in Europe are savages...?

This might happen from time to time in the whole continent of Europe but not at the level which is being reported from the states...

However and as usual, this is CNN reporting (if you can call this reporting with REAL reporters) so maybe they are doing "their thing again"

Tis sad indeed...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Y'know, I was pleasantly surprised this year...I saw nothing that even vaguely resembled issues, and I wandered around a couple of different malls and chain stores this year.

As is usually the case with me, I left some shopping 'til the absolute last minute, so there were some cranky folks out there, but none of them seemed more than mildly put out. No shots. No punches thrown. I didn't even see many dirty stares...mostly people being rather nice.

Thanks, Obama!

That all sounded great, and I'm glad to hear it, up until the very last. That's absurd. Or do you really give credit to Obama for it?

Do you feel the newfound sense and spirit of hope and optimism, still, after the election of Trump? Just curious.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Thanks, Obama!

Exactly...

See my last post...

Bloody media looking to make easy cash from the sheeple.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Humour? Or at least an attempt at some? Obviously I swung at and missed...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
The idea that the same exact kind of erratic human behavior could happen in so many places at the same time/day and be local to malls and food courts is definitely on the strange side. Like some new weapon in orbit being tested. This is the strangest thing I have heard about in years.

It's the RED hour like in Star Trek the original series where a computerized machine caused people to lose all inhibitions for one hour.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Social media is a hell of a thing. Ever gotten an invite to a flash mob? Those things are unbelievably widespread and often, put together on the fly. It absolutely could have been orchestrated by a huge number of kids across the country in advance and/or cooked up by kids who heard about the obviously orchestrated incident in CO. All of these reports talked about juveniles being the instigators.

In the world of instant access via Twitter, facebook, YouTube and other outlets, these kids were uploading footage practically in real time, viewable to anyone, anywhere, on multiple platforms simultaneously. A little after-Christmas anarchy to shake things up? Oh hell yes. I'd have done it in a heartbeat.

However...the fact that, as you pointed out, it happened with so little prep time between incidents and the fact that CNN is reporting it causes me to suspect that the orchestrating was done by someone else who wanted to make a splash for a specific agenda. To what end, I can only guess...maybe multiple mob fights out of nowhere that required lockdowns and evacuations translates to 'no one is safe, even at the mall' or something similar? Or just a big distraction maybe...was anything else going on in those particular locations that might have warranted diversion of the public eye? It is decidedly sketchy all the way around.

On a personal note, had one of those been my child, the police would have been the very least of her worries. I'd have come down on her with the quickness for putting other people in harm's way simply for her own entertainment. Lord of the Flies is still one of the scariest stories I have ever read. Anyone who underestimates the capabilities of children is making a very big mistake.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I believe this behavior is due to American food decaying their bodies.

I went on the GAPS diet with my kids. This diet focuses on healing the gut and improving the biome. I feel so much more alive and well.
I have more patience, energy, less depression, can handle conflict/disappointment and I look younger than what I did years ago when I ate processed food.

Processed food is marketed to the young and I think the lack of nutrition and the fake ingredients are destroying their health.

It's been known in the natural health communities that the gut and brain are connected.

The microbiome and brain connection has only been recently studied in the mainstream.

When searching "gut microbiome and the brain" many recent scientific articles discuss how there's a strong possibility that healthy biodiversity in the gut prevents physical and mental illness.

I tried to link some, but Google would not allow me. I suspect it has something to do with my settings and the fact most journal articles you have to pay.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: collietta

I have been recently learning about the importance of gut health, the bacteria needs to be good and i agree with you from what i am reading absolutely paramount to ones health on many different levels

It really is a complex issue as everyone has different requirements and tolerances but i have no doubt that the foods we eat play the most significant role in our health and to a degree behavior.

If you haven't come across this you may like it Brain maker

edit on 27-12-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join