It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six more radio signals from deep space deepen mystery: Are we being hailed by intelligent beings?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: DAVID64

wow that what explain the signals only being a millisecond, thats probably the length of a song for those little sesame seed people..

Only sesame seed sized Cheela could harness such vast energies and communicate at such high speed directly from the surface of a neutron star.

What an interesting hypothesis! lol

edit on 29-12-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: accidentially spelled Cheela in the plural

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

well anything is possible if we have numerous dimensions on top of an infinite number of Universes.
i wonder if there are any normal earths out there, cause oors is mental!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

or we could be creating our own destiny by the way we think, for example if it was disclosed that it was Gods that were coming to sort us out, and we were inclined to put our belief en-masse of our overlord gods because,that was the narrative "they" spun to us through their many media platforms, then its quite possible that we could create those gods, the most powerful people would be those that own the info and the means to get "news" out there. so Fake news, could become real news due to the belief put into it.
im just spouting one of my many theories about our reason for being.
but im thinking that conscious thought especially that with belief and a mass of people thinking along the same lines, well we could become so much more powerful if we stick together and consciously connected.....like ants (if you like)
heres a little example of a coincidence of how this works......
poplifer.com...

like i said though.... anything is possible!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Riffrafter

Radio signals seem rather an ineffective way of propagating information across interstellar distances, especially if you require any meaningful response in an acceptable time period. Then again if they are coming from within our own star system that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Correct. EM waves (or photons if you will) are way too slow for interstellar comms, and they need far too much energy.

There are other media much faster than light, gravity, charge, neutrino's, tachyons. To them our radio signals must seem like red indian smoke signals.
I think these signals may be natural in origin, we had the same 'alien signal' flap when they discovered pulsars.
But it would be interesting to see if there's any kind of code in the signals. Who's got the tapes?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: playswithmachines

Unless of course the transmissions contain some technological schematic for the construction of some form of superluminal communication device?

Even then through, given the time it would take any radio signal to reach our destination from another star system, possibly 100s of millions of light years distant, civilizations could have risen and fallen, making any meaningful communication again impossible, if only by half.

So who has the tapes is really nether here nor there.

edit on 29-12-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

Something I typed into Google to see if there were any links.
You never know Ray might be listening..

Did you need more data?

Sure.

BTW - Who's Ray?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Six more radio signals from deep space deepen mystery: Are we being hailed by intelligent beings?

Yes, although the intelligence level may vary between specimens.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

time may not matter to beings of other worlds, it may just be an abstract human concept.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Can be as abstract to us as we wish but its still a limiting factor to us mere Humans.

Lets face it if some other civilization has the ability to instantaneously transport information across the vast distances associated with interstellar space and time then they can probobly do the same with solid matter or energy aka themselves so wheres the personal touch?

Maybe they would send the message through a wormhole thus somewhat alleviate the problems regarding response time?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
In 1979 astronomer Carl Sagan popularized the aphorism “extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence” (ECREE).

When I joined ATS over 13 years ago the theme was deny ignorance. People actually researched things. Now, we all are so quick to jump on the least probable scenario. There is absolutely no evidence of intelligent (more so than humans) EBE's yet we all jump to them as the source.

So let me help the situation by presenting some facts with the sources.

1. The repeating FRB's come from the Auriga constellation. www.constellation-guide.com...

2. FRB's are relatively new. They were only discovered about a decade ago.

The source, FRB 121102, was discovered first in 2012. Last year, an international team of researchers used the Arecibo Observatory radio telescope to look at the same region and they were surprised to find 10 additional bursts. As cataclysmic events don’t repeat themselves, the team believes that these bursts were produced by a highly magnetized, extragalactic neutron star.

FRBs were only discovered about a decade ago, and there are only a handful of known examples. These phenomena are isolated and rare, making it very difficult for scientists to understand their causes. The emission regions are estimated to be just a few hundred kilometers across, and it is thought that these signals are from another galaxy. These two qualities indicate that whatever is behind these events must be very bright. www.iflscience.com...

3. We don't know exactly what's causing the repeating FRB's, but Doug Dwyer has a pretty good hypothesis. Especially when you realize that the Auriga constellation has binary stars and the FRB's have been proven to have gone through an ionized plasma. My take on this is that it;'s a very, very powerful intergalactic capacitor that's discharging.

Douglas Dwyer · Grigny, Rhone-Alpes, France
FRbs are not noise but at a narrow frequency near 1.4GHz as would be generated by a MASER oscilator using ionised hydrogen. A sphere of ionised hydrogen could exist around a dying star to trap RF energy.
and generate a big Q switched pulse at Q collapse. Dimensions of the sphere would be determined by the degree of core collapse. and give rise to the myseterious "quantized" dispersion
Douglas F Dwyer

I want to believe, but until we have objective evidence and facts (facts are data that are verified by yourself) I choose the most rational hypothesis.

Please feel free to submit an alternative hypothesis with the facts.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: playswithmachines

originally posted by: andy06shake

Radio signals seem rather an ineffective way of propagating information across interstellar distances, especially if you require any meaningful response in an acceptable time period. Then again if they are coming from within our own star system that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Correct. EM waves (or photons if you will) are way too slow for interstellar comms, and they need far too much energy.

There are other media much faster than light, gravity, charge, neutrino's, tachyons. To them our radio signals must seem like red indian smoke signals.
I think these signals may be natural in origin, we had the same 'alien signal' flap when they discovered pulsars.
But it would be interesting to see if there's any kind of code in the signals. Who's got the tapes?

Are you saying that gravity, charge and neutrinos are faster than light? Where did you get that idea? They are all bound by the speed of light. And tachyons are hypothetical. And when I say hypothetical, I don't mean like the Higgs boson before it was discovered. That at least had a ton of indirect evidence indicating what it was and how to find it. Tachyons are basically just an idea someone had, there's been no experimental evidence to suggest they are real. The only thing we've discovered that MAY allow us to transmit information faster than light is entanglement.
edit on 29 12 16 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Seth Shostak says SETI and other attempts at discovering radio signals aren't actually listening to anything. What the equipment is designed to do is detect carrier signals that will highlight to observers a radio signal exists, not the actual signal itself. He said it would take about a decade of dedicated effort to decode a radio signal once detected, mostly because the technology to do so doesnt yet exist. Believe that?!

A decade! That's a far cry from "Contact" where Foster's character literally hears the signal in real time.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Yes tachyons are hypothetical, like the Higgs boson. And they detected half of it?
That makes no sense.
What they are doing is re-discovering the aether, just giving it new names.
Podkletnov & others measured gravity pulses travelling at 64C, Tesla already theorised that gravity was much faster than light. Charge is a thing unto itself, electrons & protons etc merely carry a charge they do not produce it.
It has even been suggested that charge is a dimension in itself, that met with fierce opposition from the established schools.And yet that is the source of the 'entanglement'.
Most of the attempts to measure such a gravity wave failed because they were looking in the wrong place, the whole set-up was wrong, they were looking for physical distortions in matter when they should have been looking for changes in electrical resistance due to uneven charge distribution in the crystals.
Much like a cat's whisker diode rectifies radio signals.

Transmitting these waves is also quite simple, although the equipment has to be specially made.
I suspect that the US military are using such a system already. I have also been warned that they are monitoring grav wave activity and should i build such a transmitter then i could expect some Men in Black on my doorstep.
Mwah, we will see, i'm going to do it anyway, maybe post it here before they cart me off to Gitmo....

Why will it take 'decades' to investigate those radio signals? I imagine they have spectrum analysers etc and can 'record' the signals. If they just released them on the net open source then everybody could have a crack at them, then it will be decoded in no time, if theres anything TO decode.
I still think they are naturally occuring signals.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: playswithmachines

Oh ok. I see what the disconnect is. I was talking real science. My mistake.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Hey man, the aether was real science before we had real science. It's old school science. When GR talks to Aether it says "what's up OG".

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

With that much energy in a a burst just a few seconds long, I'm thinking it has to be some natural space phenomena, not a a sent signal from aliens.

What are the chances of a reflection of radio waves from some planetoid or deep space asteroid?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Real science? You have no idea.
Later. My server just got fried clever MIBs
Mobile for now.

Server back online, better luck next time!

edit on 30-12-2016 by playswithmachines because: Update

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sy.gunson

(test post)
Well a reflection of some natural media off a planet or [brown dwarf] may be considered, but given the extreme density of the burst, as much as the Sun during a day?
Have you any idea how much power that is?
It's friggin humungous and doesent even enter the equation, that is SF and analagous to DISINFO.
These are natural occurences, nothing to do with ET,, y'all could do better by reading the Flux-liner thread.
Bye, for now....
-PWM-

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I would say it is not the humans on this planet that are being hailed, but it is the aliens on this planet.
Which is why the codes are very brief in duration. They can extrapolate the hidden info in those burst that we cannot.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: Namdru
..snippety
im just spouting one of my many theories about our reason for being.
..snippety...
like i said though.... anything is possible!

I couldn't agree more. Except we just need to learn to listen better and theorize less. When theories become old hat it's time to hang up all hats and expose one's thinking process to the light of day, as it were. It's either that or put on tinfoil and sit in a friggin Faraday cage.

I prefer to soak up any and all information, unadulterated, on a mainline drip, so to speak! I.e., meditate and let the phenomenal world be my tutor.

Happy trails.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join