It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Radical Jesus: How Would the Baby in a Manger Fare in the American Police State?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Jesus Under Fire. Not a good scenario.

Are we at the beginning of a 7 year tribulation, could this be the scenario America could face 3.5 yrs into it? Or is all BSh't.

The article is self explanatory. It's a good read!

Thoughts? Oh and, Merry Christmas.

www.rutherford.org...

“Jesus is too much for us. The church’s later treatment of the gospels is one long effort to rescue Jesus from ‘extremism.’”—author Gary Wills, What Jesus Meant Jesus was good. He was caring. He had powerful, profound things to say—things that would change how we view people, alter government policies and change the world. He went around helping the poor.

And when confronted by those in authority, he did not shy away from speaking truth to power. Jesus was born into a police state not unlike the growing menace of the American police state. But what if Jesus, the revered preacher, teacher, radical and prophet, had been born 2,000 years later? How would Jesus’ life have been different had he be born and raised in the American police state?

Consider the following if you will. The Christmas narrative of a baby born in a manger is a familiar one. The Roman Empire, a police state in its own right, had ordered that a census be conducted. Joseph and his pregnant wife Mary traveled to the little town of Bethlehem so that they could be counted.

There being no room for the couple at any of the inns, they stayed in a stable, where Mary gave birth to a baby boy. That boy, Jesus, would grow up to undermine the political and religious establishment of his day and was eventually crucified as a warning to others not to challenge the powers-that-be. However, had Jesus been born in the year 2016…

Rather than traveling to Bethlehem for a census, Jesus’ parents would have been mailed a 28-page American Community Survey, a mandatory government questionnaire documenting their habits, household inhabitants, work schedule, how many toilets are in your home, etc. The penalty for not responding to this invasive survey can go as high as $5,000.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

How Would the Baby in a Manger Fare in the American Police State?

You mean like born under a bridge or something? As soon as CPA found out they would kidnap him from his parents and Foster him out. If white sell him to the highest bidder. Healthy white babies bring the highest adoption fees.

Whatever riches or treasure the wise men bring will be confiscated and disappear. The first time he tries to teach or heal without a license he'll be arrested and fined.

If he dare sets foot in a church and threatens to destroy it, he will be shot and killed by SWAT. If he survives he'll be declared a terr and sent off to die in the deepest darkest Super Max prison.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

How Would the Baby in a Manger Fare in the American Police State?

You mean like born under a bridge or something? As soon as CPA found out they would kidnap him from his parents and Foster him out. If white sell him to the highest bidder. Healthy white babies bring the highest adoption fees.

Whatever riches or treasure the wise men bring will be confiscated and disappear. The first time he tries to teach or heal without a license he'll be arrested and fined.

If he dare sets foot in a church and threatens to destroy it, he will be shot and killed by SWAT. If he survives he'll be declared a terr and sent off to die in the deepest darkest Super Max prison.

Yeah I suppose in 2016 it would be under a bridge, or something. If they thought he was Christ incarnate he'd be chased by the CIA or Secret Gov. Or worse, Ninja's working for the Chinese Gov.

It would be a lot messier than 2000 yrs ago, no doubt about that.

I doubt he'd be killed by SWAT thought, he would have to be nailed, for it to stick with the History of Jesus.

It would be somewhat ... interesting though to see how History would interpret and re-write it.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Yeah I suppose in 2016 it would be under a bridge, or something. If they thought he was Christ incarnate he'd be chased by the CIA or Secret Gov. Or worse, Ninja's working for the Chinese Gov.

They mocked Jesus the first time around, too. They killed him because he wouldn't stop telling the truth and the paradigm can't stand people that do that.

Socrates, JFK, RFK, Gandhi, Matin Luther King, Malcom X, etc., etc.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You forgot the Vatican. Remember anyone who is Jesus Christ incarnate or even his descendants will be targeted by the Vatican.

As soon as Jesus proclaim himself Jesus incarnate, the Vatican would swoop in and silence him should he gain popularity.
edit on 12/25/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

You forgot the Vatican. Remember anyone who is Jesus Christ incarnate or even his descendants will be targeted by the Vatican.

As soon as Jesus proclaim himself Jesus incarnate, the Vatican would swoop in and silence him should he gain popularity.

I didn't forget about the Vat, their Enemy Numero Uno. If Christ has descendants, they're being watched now unbenownst to them.

I think the Vatican and the Pope need to disappear. Their time is spent.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

They mocked Jesus the first time around, too. They killed him because he wouldn't stop telling the truth and the paradigm can't stand people that do that.

Socrates, JFK, RFK, Gandhi, Matin Luther King, Malcom X, etc., etc.

He was the Truth teller, The Forgiver, A leader in His time. Upstanding and an example for all. Yeah that's exactly why they hated him. Along with many including those you just listed.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
No way of really knowing, obviously, but I like to think JC wouldn't give a crap about the stuff we get worked up about. I doubt he'd even try to get in the politics race, either in word or deed and starting a congregation these days would be just one more "I'll save your soul if you follow me!" group, of which there are tons of already.

Whatever he'd have to say would get drowned out in millions of other voices.

If I can get poetic for a second, I'd like to imagine he'd have this obscure twitter account with nearly no views on it even though every single word is a treasure trove of wisdom, insight and compassion.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
well, actually I think he wouldn`t draw any attention and would live to an old age still trying to convince people he is who he says he is.

Jesus: I walked on water

people: pics or it didn`t happen dude

Jesus: There are pictures of me walking on water on CNN

people: CNN is fake news dude,the pics are probably just CGI

Jesus: I turned water into wine

people: again dude,pics or it didn`t happen, better yet, turn this bottle deer park water into wine

Jesus: It is said, You shall not put the Lord your God to the test

people, yeah ok, just as I thought you can`t do it

Jesus: I can feed the multitudes with a loaf of bread and 3 fishes

people: whatever dude, the kardashians are on in 10 minutes,we got to go we don`t want to miss that.

edit on 25-12-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unresponsible
No way of really knowing, obviously, but I like to think JC wouldn't give a crap about the stuff we get worked up about. I doubt he'd even try to get in the politics race, either in word or deed and starting a congregation these days would be just one more "I'll save your soul if you follow me!" group, of which there are tons of already.

Whatever he'd have to say would get drowned out in millions of other voices.

If I can get poetic for a second, I'd like to imagine he'd have this obscure twitter account with nearly no views on it even though every single word is a treasure trove of wisdom, insight and compassion.

Yeah.. I could see him being calm and not flipping out. If he did flip out he wouldn't be flipping tables in 2016 he'd be smashing the Kardashian tv set along with all the other smutty crap on the brain washing device we refer to as, Television.

Jesus, the Ultimate in Entertainment in... 2000 yrs

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

He would leverage today's technology.

Jesus would have a Gmail account so he could spam his message to everyone.

And he would troll forums such as this one, but he would do it under a proxy to avoid a second run-in with the authorities.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

That was funny, poignant and of course will grow in the telling.

One day they will dig up McDonalds restaurants in the ruins and conclude the golden arches adorned buildings were temples of sorts, where many people gathered to worship and priests dressed as clowns sacrificed cows to a God named "ronald".

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
well, actually I think he wouldn`t draw any attention and would live to an old age still trying to convince people he is who he says he is.

Jesus: I walked on water

people: pics or it didn`t happen dude

Jesus: There are pictures of me walking on water on CNN

people: CNN is fake news dude,the pics are probably just CGI

Jesus: I turned water into wine

people: again dude,pics or it didn`t happen, better yet, turn this bottle deer park water into wine

Jesus: It is said, You shall not put the Lord your God to the test

people, yeah ok, just as I thought you can`t do it

Jesus: I can feed the multitudes with a loaf of bread and 3 fishes

people: whatever dude, the kardashians are on in 10 minutes,we got to go we don`t want to miss that.

That made me laugh. haha.

The water walking, he'd only do for poor people in some obscure fishing Village no ones heard of. And if he did it for CNN camera's people would only accuse him of using CGI and other tricks to con the people.

Water into wine would be somewhat easier. But again, people would say it didn't happen, and the Liquor Industry would go nuts on him, giving away free wine, they live for Profits, [not to be confused with Prophets].

The bread and fish, more CGI.

The only thing Jesus Christ could do to possibly make the People listen to him, and stop watching crappy reality shows and texting cats licking themselves on youtube videos would be for him to do the unthinkable. Shut off the Internet.

Then the People would listen to him.

edit on 25-12-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Unresponsible

I

f I can get poetic for a second, I'd like to imagine he'd have this obscure twitter account with nearly no views on it even though every single word is a treasure trove of wisdom, insight and compassion.

Nah, he'd be on the capitol steps protesting endless wars for profit, gubment corruption, then protest places like the church of Scientology, (they'd kill m fer sure). Then he'd hang out in the ghetto and get shot trying to stop gang activity.

But you're right, mostly unnoticed in the main stream.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

He would leverage today's technology.

Jesus would have a Gmail account so he could spam his message to everyone.

And he would troll forums such as this one, but he would do it under a proxy to avoid a second run-in with the authorities.

He probably would, good call Wine anyone?

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
HRC and co. would murder/sacrifice him. It would be blamed on Russia.

It seems we could be nearing the end times, but it seems many in every generation have thought so. Maybe human nature?

Merry Christmas to you, and to all!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
ha yes! See, you're onto something here. Clinton is the anti christ and in 3.5 yrs she's going to create havoc and immense chaos, but, she's no match for Jesus. Remember, he's coming back with a Vengeance this time around and would probably be weilding a 365 magnum. Or, possibly something larger.

Merry Christmas

edit on 25-12-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst
ha yes! See, you're onto something here. Clinton is the anti christ and in 3.5 yrs she's going to create havoc and immense chaos, but, she's no match for Jesus. Remember, he's coming back with a Vengeance this time around and would probably be weilding a 365 magnum. Or, possibly something larger.

Merry Christmas
Being more serious here, I completely agree. J.C. is THE man with THE plan.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Or...

His parents would find someone willing, say myself, to take them in, or at the very least help them find shelter for both themselves and the baby...

Not everyone is so unfeeling as folks like to portray them to be.

Someone knocks on my door looking for help, they'll find it, either from me, or someone I know who can help. A cup of coffee, a sandwich...a few bucks to buy the same.

Love your neighbor, as yourself.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

His parents would find someone willing, say myself, to take them in, or at the very least help them find shelter for both themselves and the baby...

Not everyone is so unfeeling as folks like to portray them to be.

Speaking as a "folk" with experience, I spent a number of years up under bridges and I can attest that not once did anyone come up under there and offer any help to anyone. When they did it was to harass and intimidate (cops, city workers, "cleanup" crews).

They stayed under bridges because increasingly it was the only place to escape the elements (societal elements especially). If they did camp out on the street or behind buildings they invariably got called in as suspicious, vagrant, whatever and subjected to more harassment. I can't easily count the number of times I was woken up on the side of the road in my camper and interrogated, my things rifled and told to 'move on' in the middle of the night.

Walk a mile in their shoes.

You want to compare it to Jesus day, they were probably told there was no room at the inn because they were poor and disheveled. I bet if they had been 'upstanding citizens' room could have been found other than a barn.

Then again, they were 'taken in', at least. Not so today.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join