It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is hard. I wish I'd never been born.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
My kids are grown but I have another favorite. After the first day of kindergarten, my son came home disgusted and proclaimed "They dont teach you nothing like you need to know, like how to skin a rabbit".

Ooh, he's smart! I think he's got a point!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Parent 101: Boys are like little Tasmanian devils and mess all your stuff up and break everything, but they're funny and cute. Girls are more mature. But they go from 3 to 16. Like, you don't really get a fun childhood with them they go straight into dramatic moody divas.
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

This is exactly the experience I had with my two older sons and my daughter. They are all grown now and have kids of their own, but there were a few trying years in there with my little girl... from about 12 on.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
My first marriage, I married a woman with 2 kids all I ever heard was "you're not my daddy" That turned out to be correct because I divorced all three of them; now they wanna be friends and share in my success; they sure didn't help when I was bustin my ass and paying the bills.

Sorry, you had your chance, now GTFO. You reap what you sow....Galatians 6:7

edit on 22-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

A few years ago, my adult daughter called me and said, "Oh no! I've turned into you, Mom!!!"

Turns out she had asked her boyfriend to bag up the trash and take it out to the bin. He whined and moaned and groaned about having to bag it up. She finally told him, "You could have had it done already if you had just done it instead of standing here arguing with me!"

I told her I didn't expect to have that conversation until I had grandkids.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
When my kid pulled this I said, "You did ask to be born. Do you think you got here accidentally?" She, of course, looked at me askance, and I said. "Nobody gets here accidentally.

Haha! I told my kids the same thing... plus told them that we made a contract in Heaven that we would be their parents and they would be our kids -- so it was ALL their choice and they were lucky we agreed!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Just this past weekend, we had the grandsons. My youngest was over, and observed one of his nephew's telling papa "no, you be good, you naughty, not me".

The youngest looked at me and said "Oh god mom, he's me. I'm so sorry"

It's all good though, I have the twins calling him Uncle Tommy.
Which he absolutely hates.
I take my payback where I can get it. LOL
edit on 22-12-2016 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

My soon-to-be-3yo has picked up "Oh dammit!"

Trying to wipe is hands he accidentally drops my phone. "Oh dammit!"
And of course you can't laugh because it encourages it.
Then yesterday he was playing with his wooden trains & tracks and something fell over. "Oh dammit!" And I said "Don't say dammit. You can say DARN it."
He got so mad. "NO DARN IT!" And threw a train at me.

Ah, the joys of motherhood.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
That's funny, because the reason papa told the one boy he was naughty, was he had just thrown something at his twin, that had been playing and minding his own business.

Which happened to be one of "Uncle Tommy's" favorite things to do, to his older brother.
Talk about full circle.
LOL

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

What is it with little boys and throwing stuff???? Jackson's got an arm like Nolan Ryan. And he's actually got impressive aim. He can nail you from over 10 feet away. Typically I believe spanking in response to violence is kind of hypocritical....but... every now and then he takes too far and gets a swat. I'm guessing the anti-spanking crowd has never gotten a metal matchbox car straight to the face from point blank range.

edit on 22-12-2016 by ladyvalkyrie because: format

* Or a shopping cart to the back of the ankle after you've told them 8 million times to watch where they're going with the cart, but they beg and assure you they'll be careful.

edit on 22-12-2016 by ladyvalkyrie because: add

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
When my kid pulled this I said, "You did ask to be born. Do you think you got here accidentally?" She, of course, looked at me askance, and I said. "Nobody gets here accidentally. You have some sort of job or task to do while you are here. Why not start thinking about what that might be?" I don't know that this had an immediate affect, but she never again claimed that she hadn't asked to be born.

Terrific comeback. I wish I had been wise enough to explain life that simply to my children. They are still wondering what the Hell they are doing here.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I overheard a conversation between my Mom and the 8 year old daughter of a friend of mine. I had mixed feelings about what I heard, and I still think about it time to time.

The child is beautiful child, and is the product of an interracial union. She said to my Mom, "Nana." "My hair is almost the same color as yours." (Dirty blonde.) My Mom agreed but added that she had some gray in her hair though. The child same, "I wish I was the same color as you too." "God left me in the oven too long and he burnt me."

I don't even know what my mother said to the child because I was so shocked and dumbfounded I actually disassociated for a few seconds. Part of me thought it funny, part of me thought it was sad, part of me made me think maybe the child was being bullied.

I have spent some time with the child to see if there was something going on that maybe I should bring to the attention of my friend, but she is a very outgoing, friendly and engaging child. I have not observed any problems she is having with the other children, and she lives in an extremely diverse neighborhood, so I just chalked it up to just some of the darn things that kids sometimes say.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The last 6 months we are working with my 3 year old on the alphabet.
My wife and I were watching some sketch comedy show where the skit was making fun of Canadians. After every sentence they were obviously saying a very pronounced "EH".
My son got a mad look on his face, so I asked what was wrong.
He said "When are they going to say B?"

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I was in the checkout line at a supermarket some time ago, it was crowded and I had no option to go anywhere but where I was.

Just behind me was a child in a buggy who started to kick me in the leg. I turned to its mother and politely asked 'would you tell him to stop kicking me?'

The mother looked at me with some disdain and announced 'she's her own person' and wouldn't do anything to correct the child.

I was, for once, speechless. And cross. What about my leg being kicked and my clothes getting scuffed? I wondered.

And then it occurred to me - that ignorant, arrogant woman would have to live with that child for well over a decade reaping the rewards of her complacency in allowing her little darling to be 'her own person'. How I laughed.

I wouldn't have minded being a fly on their wall from time to time.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

OMG! I watch my kids like a hawk. "Watch out for that lady." "Hold the door open for the guy coming in behind you."

If one of them had the gall to actually hit or kick a stranger on purpose......hoooo doggie. Call CPS all you want, that's gonna earn them an unabashed public smack upside the head.

But yes, I have a feeling that woman's parenting technique is not going to pan out in the long run.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

It's the sort of behaviour that would have earned me a reprimand from my mum:

" I'll make you wish you'd never been born".

I heard that more than once.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike
Now I understand where those kind of children that end up on the "Dr. Phil Show", come from.

I am constantly flabbergasted at the things that some of those children get away with saying and doing.

I am an old fart, and while growing up, I heard on more than one occasion, "I brought you into this world, and I can take you you out of it." Said in a sweet, calm, quiet voice, and barely looking at me from the corner of the eye. Stopping me dead in my tracks, making me look for a stealthy and quick way out of arms reach.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

The tooth fairy is still around? I had all four wisdom teeth pulled today, can you send her/zie/zir in my direction?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I live with my wife and teenage daughter.

I haven't seen a toilet seat up in 25 years.

The Drama never ends...

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I wonder how many of us were terrified of flushing the loo when we were kids?

I was convinced something would come out and 'get' me.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Whenever something catastrophic happens at work. I tell people. Wow that's awesome.

They look at me strangely. But I say, "Let's go fix it".

What a great positive attitude!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join