It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is hard. I wish I'd never been born.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So, my 8 yo daughter was drinking a glass of milk and as she was setting it back on the counter it tipped over and spilled everywhere. She moaned and groaned the entire time she was cleaning it up.

"Life is hard."

To which I replied, "Hate to break it to ya, it only goes down hill from here."

"I wish I'd never been born."

"Sorry. I needed some company."

It went on and on. It just really cracked me up.

So, just for sh*ts and giggles why don't some of you share a funny or melodramatic story to entertain everyone?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
My 10 year old daughter told me last week I was ruining her childhood memories because I wouldn't take her to the Christmas parade in the pouring rain.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

She cleans after herself and she finds that "Life is hard"?!

edit on 22-12-2016 by swanne because: Removed too muchpersonal information.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have a similar story.

I put a gun against this dudes head, then pulled the trigger and he was dead.

I said to my mom, "life has just begun but now I've thrown it all away"

Sometimes I wish I'd never been born at all.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

Whenever something catastrophic happens at work. I tell people. Wow that's awesome.

They look at me strangely. But I say, "Let's go fix it".

Usually we get it fixed.

You can't control life. But you can control how you deal with a crappy situation.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So I was lecturing the 9 year old about how you need to get better at dealing with life's adversity while working through social issues and familial problems and she's all like, 'Why you gotta come in my house and lecture me all the time? I don't even know you'.

edit on 22-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I am 25 and still say these things to my mom

lol, can't wait for my 1 year old to turn into a little sass bucket.

-Alee
edit on 12/22/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Parent 101:

Boys are like little Tasmanian devils and mess all your stuff up and break everything, but they're funny and cute.

Girls are more mature. But they go from 3 to 16. Like, you don't really get a fun childhood with them they go straight into dramatic moody divas.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
After forgetting my 8 yr old daughters tooth for a couple of nights, I got a letter under her pillow, that said, "Dear Tooth Fairy. you should get fired".

I stepped up my game after that.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You don't really appreciate your life till you look back on it with an open mind and finally realize what this life is all about.

At that point you are quite old and nobody pays attention to what you say anymore, thinking you are just an old fart that is suffering from dimentia. The rules of the rat race govern our society.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Watching my grandson try to explain to me that he isn't even tired, as he faceplants into his dinner due to being too tired to hold his head up. Good times.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

The tooth fairy failed to show up here for two nights due to an extremely messy room. She left a note on the door saying she would not be entering such a pig sty for tooth pickup and that if the child wanted money....room must be clean first.

Now, the only time their rooms are clean is when they have very loose teeth.
edit on KAmerica/Chicago12310000002016-12-22T14:34:59-06:00k16Decpm by Kentuckymama because: Spelling errors

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama

The tooth fairy failed to show up here for two nights due to an extremely messy room. She left a note on the door saying she would not be entering such a pig stay for tooth pickup and that if the child wanted money....room must be clean first.

Now, the only time their rooms are clean is when they have very loose teeth.

Omg lol!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
You don't really appreciate your life till you look back on it with an open mind and finally realize what this life is all about.

At that point you are quite old and nobody pays attention to what you say anymore, thinking you are just an old fart that is suffering from dimentia. The rules of the rat race govern our society.
Well said, but I am so thrilled to be out of the rat race, let the rats have it! and if anybody thinks I'm a doddering old fool, they might be right. LOL

Wah don't cry over spilt milk, that's all I have to say to youngsters. Dag Nabit.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

"You're fired!" Lmao! She could be the next president!

My daughter has a sign on her bedroom door "Moxy's Room CEEP OUT ecsept Mommy and Scout"
So literally everyone in the house is allowed in except for her little brother Jackson (who's about to turn 3 and can't read anyway, and even if he could read he's a little hellion that would blatantly disregard a direct order like that) And Scout was just born in July, so she can't open a door, walk, crawl or read a sign.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
When my kid pulled this I said, "You did ask to be born. Do you think you got here accidentally?" She, of course, looked at me askance, and I said. "Nobody gets here accidentally. You have some sort of job or task to do while you are here. Why not start thinking about what that might be?" I don't know that this had an immediate affect, but she never again claimed that she hadn't asked to be born.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

That's actually pretty good indeed!

I'll remember that, might come in handy.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Oh, I've got a couple of thousand melodramatic stories about my kids, and new stories at least weekly.

But they're in their 20's now and so it's not so funny anymore.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hidinout

originally posted by: rickymouse

Well said, but I am so thrilled to be out of the rat race, let the rats have it! and if anybody thinks I'm a doddering old fool, they might be right. LOL

Wah don't cry over spilt milk, that's all I have to say to youngsters. Dag Nabit.

If you spill the milk, start to question if the milk is actually good for us. Don't cry over it.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
My kids are grown but I have another favorite. After the first day of kindergarten, my son came home disgusted and proclaimed "They dont teach you nothing like you need to know, like how to skin a rabbit".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join