It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a very insane idea i just had that could save ufology

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
if you havent noticed yet ufology is dead
no new good cases crap ufologists and many many hoaxers
however some days ago i had a strange dream
yeah i know weird that i would take an idea from a dream seriously but keep reading
in the dream i found a site about a strange paranormal investigation society
they methodology of investigation is what interested me:
they ride all wheater cars with hd cameras around the country they keep the cameras pointed to the sky
the cameras livestream to internet 24/7
trying to catch something weird
they have cameras on the cars front too in the very rare chance the find a landed ufo
this dream inpired me so heres my idea:
if you havent noticed yet all ufological organizations believe it or not
use a passive method of investigation they record and archive ufo sightings sent to them
so they arent ufo hunters they are ufo archivers
this method sounds nice in theory
but it has some very bad flaws:
1:they live on the base that one day some witness will post a mindblowing piece of evidence insntead of searching for the evidence on their own
2:sometimes those organizations will be greedy and dont want to share all their cases or pay a fee for viewing( im looking at you MUFOM)
3;its really primitive
sso what if we made a aggressive methodology ufo organization?
im talking about a organization wich keep 24/7 cameras pointed at the sky im talking about a organization wich try to shoot down ufos im talking about a organization that chases that damn humanoids that talk with them analize them etc
im 100% sure im not the first to come with this idea
but it needs more attention
what do you think ats?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

It's a somewhat tricky sub. Due to the meddling of History by authorities, as well as the billion dollars that go into creating technology, and secret technology, we couldn't possibly know the whole truth. The Mental patients running things won't stop with the tricks until, never. We could be living in Moriarty's Universe 'quoting star trek episode' ... I forget the name of it. Moriarty finds a way out of the Hologram and into the real world, then is tricked back into a fake Universe in a ship with his wife flying through space to discover new Worlds which don't actually exist at all. Everything in their minds tell them that it's real, but it's not real.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I don't think ufology is dead,it's more like that the best honest researchers are being exposed and ridiculed for releasing strong evidence to be later on be killed or ruined for exposing it.

Stepping out of the light for awhile isn't a bad idea ,it will be back we just have to wait for that window to come...

edit on 0b01America/ChicagoTue, 20 Dec 2016 16:29:01 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 20 Dec 2016 16:29:01 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire

uh sorry if im being stupid but i dont know what your post has to do with the information i presented at the op

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

the idea of this thread isnt disscussing if ufology is dead its about my proposal

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

im talking about a organization wich try to shoot down ufos

Hmm, I'm not quite sure this part would be a good idea? What had you planned to shoot them down with? What are you planning to do with the 'shot down' UFO?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Who decides what UFOs to shoot down? I just want a heads up for the next time I'm going to be taking a flight.

You would need to POSITIVELY identify the UFO prior to shooting it down and if you could do that..........
edit on 20-12-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
if you havent noticed yet ufology is dead
no new good cases crap ufologists and many many hoaxers
however some days ago i had a strange dream
yeah i know weird that i would take an idea from a dream seriously but keep reading
in the dream i found a site about a strange paranormal investigation society
they methodology of investigation is what interested me:
they ride all wheater cars with hd cameras around the country they keep the cameras pointed to the sky
the cameras livestream to internet 24/7
trying to catch something weird
they have cameras on the cars front too in the very rare chance the find a landed ufo
this dream inpired me so heres my idea:
if you havent noticed yet all ufological organizations believe it or not
use a passive method of investigation they record and archive ufo sightings sent to them
so they arent ufo hunters they are ufo archivers
this method sounds nice in theory
but it has some very bad flaws:
1:they live on the base that one day some witness will post a mindblowing piece of evidence insntead of searching for the evidence on their own
2:sometimes those organizations will be greedy and dont want to share all their cases or pay a fee for viewing( im looking at you MUFOM)
3;its really primitive
sso what if we made a aggressive methodology ufo organization?
im talking about a organization wich keep 24/7 cameras pointed at the sky im talking about a organization wich try to shoot down ufos im talking about a organization that chases that damn humanoids that talk with them analize them etc
im 100% sure im not the first to come with this idea
but it needs more attention
what do you think ats?

I agree with everything you said except shooting an unknown aircraft down. The implications would be the worst you could ever imagine. You don't want to be the one to ignorantly start an invasion. Humans - Ants, meet Interstellar aliens - Boot =End of species. Congrats

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Here in the UK we already have a number of 'sky cameras' which can be viewed on the internet.

As an example : www.ukmeteorwatch.co.uk...

So far we haven't discovered anything we would want to 'shoot down' or do things to humanoids.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I say go for it ,put some camera's up in the air and start monitoring the sky 24/7 I'll bet you catch one within a week .

But now comes the million dollar question " than what?"

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
You would need some decent cameras to get a good image. So before the million dollar question gets to be asked it has to be paid first.
Idk, i feel like the whole UFO scene is beyond what you can capture on film anyways. Videos of ufos dont mean dick anymore, too many fakers cried wolf

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire

Project blue book and the UFO sightings from the 1950's and 60's cold war programs have largely been explained.
Tracking JANET flights to area 51 like the "desert rat" did years ago is sadly no longer possible for most of us.
There are still some very good ATS style web mysteries that we could pursue as a group exercise, but we are losing a lot of the older members that had the necessary training.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

the best honest researchers are being exposed and ridiculed for releasing strong evidence to be later on be killed or ruined for exposing it.

You're kidding, right?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
UFOlogy is not dead. It is just in a lull and severely weighed down with all of the fakes, and the emergence of drones.
Next real flap, it will back like a vengeance.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I like the idea! Except for the shooting down craft part. If there's another sentient species in flying crafts on Earth, they might be "good", they might be "bad." Either way, trying to shoot down craft belonging to a vastly more technologically advanced race seems like a truly terrible idea.

My brainstorm on the idea: Create an open source network of people with "night sky cams." Let's assume a camera that can cover a decent area of sky, and the equipment to stream & record the 24/7 video is reasonable to obtain. Getting full coverage would be monumental, but each unit isn't a big deal, so it would be a matter of getting enough participants to cover as large a percentage of the sky as possible.

I've often wondered - in each moment, what percentage of the sky is being viewed by a human? Perhaps not much. More "eyes" affixed to the sky wood certainly improve the probability of capturing sight of something.

What makes this theoretical network of Eyes on the Skies™ difficult to produce results, however, would be scanning through and analyzin all the data (video.) Each camera would need 3 "watchers", working 8 hours a day if watched at regular speed.

If software could be incorporated which could flag potential anomalies, and be able to identify as many false positives (known aircraft, geese, Chinese lanterns, Santa Claus, etc.) as possible, then people could watch and analyze flagged anomalies. Rate it, flag it, leave comments - the more interesting something is, the more attention, and thus further analysis it gets.

I'm not a programmer, nor do I have the patience to pore through such video, so if anyone wants to take my version and invent it, all I I ask in return is free access to the viewing app, and Kudos given publicly in exchange for the rights to the name "Eyes on the Skies™ - I don't mean credit given in a a big announcement, I just want to receive one Kudos granola snack, somewhere in public.

Now someone, get out there and create this!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: terrythecensor

I wish I was..

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I have really lost the will to bother with most aspects of UFOolgy - but shooting down alien critters - hey where do i sign up ?????????????????????????????????????

i want to drive around the uk in this :

twin 35mm rapid fire canon

i will defend britains skies

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

sso what if we made a aggressive methodology ufo organization? im talking about a organization wich keep 24/7 cameras pointed at the sky im talking about a organization wich try to shoot down ufos im talking about a organization that chases that damn humanoids that talk with them analize them etc im 100% sure im not the first to come with this idea but it needs more attention what do you think ats?

my 2 cents...

agressive / shoot down ? well yeah... that's the human spirit. But I don't think that will as much as a dent into an 'UFO'. The last time they (us army) did that it took the entire west coast army (battle of LA) without any effect at all. So no I dont think its a good idea to shoot down ufo's. However an organization that keeps 24/7 cameras pointed at the sky is a good one !!! But also the people that are in that organization must be scientists and trusted by the scientific community. Or else all data is disregarded as a hoax by science.

ufology dead ??

Indeed after 50 or more years of tug of war with sceptics shills and whatever. I highly doubt there will come something usefull out of 'ufology'. But in a way it's also their own fault. As time moved on the context within whole subject became very far fetched and highly unbelievable. Supersoldiers, abductions , Galactic federations and such... They 'ufology' had to establish basic facts before speculating any further but they didn't. That said I know there is more 'evidence' than there is 'evidence' on the internet so I find it for myself very dissapointing that ufology is at it's end. So like you I do agree we need a much better aproach in finding the truth about this subject.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

i have seen no credible evidence that any craft was above the skies of LA county that night - but hey - i digress

the cuirrent debarcle of grade 2 cockwomble ted roe vs issac koi -is in my opinion the low point of UFO " resurch " for 2016

i dearly wish i had the rescources ti send mr roe on a full imersion expedition to visit the pisceans

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck

for science

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join