It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And now for something a bit saucy.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Just finished making xmas gifts for some of the family. Made extra nice tomatoe chilli sauce
Tomatoes
Chillies
Sugar
Apple cos not enough tomatoes and had some old apples that needed using.
Lime leaves
Tumeric
Black pepper
Salt
Garlic paste that I made
Onions
Apple cider vinegar

All cooked in slow cooker for hours. Wish I could make my photos smaller so you could see the glass skull bottle I put sauce in for my sister. Then I blended it up in blender

I also made everyone garlic paste from my garlic that I had to pull early as it got garlic rust.
The bulbs hadn't formed properly yet so I used the stems as well and blended them all up in the blender with olive oil and salt.

I am now about to make a rub for sore muscles and aches out of olive oil , coconut oil, ginger, black pepper, tumeric chilli and some bees wax.

And now I finish my first ever thread, just wish I could throw in some photos.

Merry summer solstice everyone, or winter for those in the north.

edit on 18-12-2016 by Cloudbuster because: Added ingrediants I forgot to add ginger to rub mix

edit on 18-12-2016 by Cloudbuster because: Forgot a sauce ingredient and that I blended it...ok

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Sounds like you know your stuff.
I've had an awful cold for the past two days...What do you recommend?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

That stuff in post #1. Sniff it. Problem solved.
edit on 12/18/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Recipe sounds excellent. Kinda has Thai leanings. What kind of chilies did you harvest?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

LOL...my nose is so stuffed up...can't smell a thing.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

LOL...my nose is so stuffed up...can't smell a thing.

That will fix it.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

If it's a chesty cold I recommend chopping finely or grating garlic onion ginger pit in a glass and add a dollop of honey on top, let it sit for about an hour then drink the liquid. Tastes not the greatest but excellent fir chest infections.
Prob add some tumeric and black pepper to the mix.

Vit C way more than they advise on the bottle, about 10000mgs over the day, it might give you a little bit sore tummy poos to be precise but it will kick that cold to the curb.

Good health everyone.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

My husband is indonesian but I liked that kind of food before I met him. My sister in law is thai tho, hope she like my saucy sauce.
edit on 18-12-2016 by Cloudbuster because: I hate predictive text

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

Unfortunately I had to buy chillies as I have already eaten my last have st. I used green chillies so the sauce was not too hot for my family who don't eat chillies everyday like me and husband. But the sauce still has a kick to it.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Nice thread. You should post more of these. I need tasty sauces right now to encourage me to eat more. I'm somewhat malnourished right now after illness and just starting to eat properly again.

Sauces are awesome.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I love this kind of stuff. I would eat garlic raw! The problem is heartburn, which really sucks. Does anyone know a way to counteract that?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

If you can get hold of some good raw unpasteurized saurkraut and eat at least 2 or 3 tablespoons a day, this will help build your immunity and repair the gut flora. Hope you get better soon.
Your immunity starts in the stomach having good gut flora in really important for mental health as well as physical health.

I like sauerkraut and chesse sandwiches. Kimchi is Korean saurkraut which is extra good cos it has garlic ginger and chilli in it which are also important immunity builders.

edit on 18-12-2016 by Cloudbuster because: I don't eat chess sandwiches I meant cheese

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Try eating something alkaline like drinking some baking soda in water or apple cider vinegar.

Garlic is a good friend, I have used garlic to get rid of a wart on my cheek, slice of garlic on wart with sticky plaster over top for 24 hours then change garlic for another 24 hours then take off plaster and see big patch of burnt looking skin that healed with no wart.

They say you can taste garlic if you put in on the sole of your foot..

Apparently goldfish love garlic, sounds weird but that's what uncle google told me.

Anways keep on eating garlic.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Wow, thank you so much! I love sauerkraut lol. I didn't know it did those things, it's perfect.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Your first ever thread was a recipe for goodness.

Thanks for that and hope your family appreciates it!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Just make sure it's raw unpasteurized to get the goodness. No canned saurkraut that's always pasteurized.
I have friends who have start a saurkraut business and I was selling it at farmers markets until the supermarkets kept making such large orders that they stopped the markets. My friends make six different kind of kraut with awesome names like NAKED which is plain straight cabbage.
SASSY which has juniper berry's, dill and caraway seeds add.
HEART BEAT which red and green cabbage and beetroot.
SUPER is cabbage, Wakame seaweed, and kale.
QUICKDRAW cabbage carrot celeriac onions garlic ginger chilli flakes, Carraway and celery seeds.
And KIMCHI Korean saurkraut.

Blah blah blah stop enough said.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

sugar

why ???

i make practically identical ragu [ never used apples - but not cos i am opposed to putting apple in - just never thought of it ]

but sugar ??????????????????

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Lol i know a guy who stuck a...i think its called ghost pepper up his nose. He snotted for days!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
When I saw the thread title all I could think of was Kenneth Williams and a rather fruity "OOhhhhh errr matron", the Brits will get what I mean, and for those who don't look up the carry on films

top topics

<<   2 >>

join