It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is right we need to start saying "Merry Christmas" again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
So I was watching Ultimate Spider Man Christmas episode last night and according to the TV Transcript of that episode they said Christmas 4 times. But the "Holidays" 7 times. Before the end of the episode I thought they were totally going to say "Merry Christmas" everyone to the audience since Spider-Man breaks the 4th Wall in every episode but nope Marvel went Political Correct on us and said "Happy Holidays" every one.
I just don't understand why you have a Christmas episode but don't say "Merry Christmas" at the end and with a character who can break the 4th Wall to.

Trump is 100% right on this we need to start saying "Merry Christmas" it's such a small insignificant detail but it really does mean a lot and I am loving how Trump started off his Thank You rally's with "We need to start saying Merry Christmas again". When I was in elementary and Middle school it was always the Christmas break. Then it turned into the "Holiday Break". Hell even when I worked for Rite Aid my manager(RIP) was like Steve the company wants us to greet people with "Happy Holidays" but if you want to say "Merry Christmas" I'm not going to stop you. I'm Jewish and I say "Merry Christmas" to people.

My younger sister has been brainwashed by the liberal college schools after I told my mom that Trumps going to be saying "Merry Christmas" as President Elect and my sister responded with well what if someone came up and said "Happy Hanukkah" to you how would that make you feel? I responded with well for starters id say "Merry Christmas" back. When you say Happy Hanukkah or Merry Christmas to people your wishing them good will. It's not like telling people to go to Hell. If people are offended by Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah they need a reality check. Happy Holidays is so boring. It's no secret what time of the year it is.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Xmas is one day a year, go ahead say all it you want, dosent change most people minds, its a pagan holiday stolen by the church of pedophiles, but plz do tell us how the war on xmas is destroying christians all over the world.

edit on 18-12-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Well we should for no other reason than the reasons some were wanting us not to say it.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Xmas is one day a year, go ahead say all it you want, dosent change most people minds, its a pagan holiday stolen the by the church of pedophiles, but plz do tell us how the war on xmas is destroying christians all over the world.

So wishing people good will is bad then?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Xmas is one day a year, go ahead say all it you want, dosent change most people minds, its a pagan holiday stolen the by the church of pedophiles, but plz do tell us how the war on xmas is destroying christians all over the world.

So wishing people good will is bad then?

I said say it all you want lol, but great detective work son.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Merry Christmas !!

and Happy Hanukkah too !!

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It shows the unbelievable cowards that we've all turned into. People are actually afraid to say "Merry Christmas".

They can act like they're saying "Happy holidays" out of respect for other religions all they want. Well all know they're doing it out of fear.
edit on 12/18/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Christmas is a widely recognized American tradition that has been a part of history for many years. You either embrace it or you don't, no one will fault you for it.

I just don't like when other people force people to conform to their traditions and try to ban Christmas because they are offended by it. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

I'm not afraid to say it and I say it whenever I can in public!
edit on 18-12-2016 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Anyone that's offered by hearing merry Christmas is an idiot.
Or happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or any other religious holiday greeting.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I don't think it should matter what you say - Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah or Happy Kwanzaa, or Happy Yule - as long as you say it with good intentions.

Everyone should say what they want. I say Happy Holidays because it covers all the different holidays at this time of year. I don't understand why anyone would get upset at that. I certainly don't get upset if someone were to say Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah or Happy Kwanzaa to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Stevemagegod

But... I celebrate Festivus. So, why should I say merry Christmas? Not that I care which holiday greeting one chooses to utter perfunctorily as I meander away from the check out kiosk.

I don't get it, who cares?

ProTip: if you care what holiday greeting people use, sort your priorities, dig?
edit on Cpm1Sunday3720165331Sun, 18 Dec 2016 13:37:53 -06002016 by CagliostroTheGreat because: A festivus for the rest us.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Here in the UK everyone says merry Christmas on telly , in the street. Atheists christians muslims Hindus have all said merry christmas to me in the past few days.
Let people just say what they want.. its the season to be jolly and to be thankful for what we have. Christmas around here involves everyone.
edit on 18-12-2016 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What's entirely missing from this thread is the spirit of Christ.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
What's entirely missing from this thread is the spirit of Christ.

Nope Christ is in the title just add the mas

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Christians and Christ-mas are only a percentage of viewers. With a country grown so large...and advertising $$$ poured into that show and others to sell things...it makes more sense to appeal to the "Merry Christmas" crowd, the "Happy Kwansa" crowd, the "Happy Hanukah" crowd etc....

But, I know what you mean...We owned a drugstore, and as a kid, I'd have to put up the Hallmark Greeting cards. There was only Merry Christmas...then it moved to include New Years so it changed to "Happy Holidays".

A pain in my a-- to put up all those cards too...but as our country grew...so did the holidays.
ie: Sweetest Day etc...
edit on 18-12-2016 by mysterioustranger because: spl

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

No need the spirit of man is as good.
Many don't need religion to enjoy Christmas Mankind is good in my book and Christmas is the time to celebrate it.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It's only proper to say Merry Christmas nowadays if it is written on a Hallmark greeting card.

Pay to say instead of pay to play.
edit on 18-12-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Yes, this is a very serious issue. Happy Holidays.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You're right. I don't care about what religion the other person is be it that they're Muslim or Jews or whatever, they're getting a Merry Christmas from me.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I made a similar thread to this when Trump first said it

I couldnt believe the hostility I got.

I guarantee 99% of the people who now say "happy holidays" wouldnt have 20 years ago and the reason they changed was due to a BS whitewashing campaign.

Im not convinced theres some grand conspiracy against Christmas I just think the moronic PC police went to far.
This nonsense needs to be pushed back against, if anyone is offended by "Merry Christmas" they do not belong in a liberal western society

EDIT: the total percentage of non Christian religious people in the US is 4%, How fecked up is it that something as pleasant as "Merry Christmas" was changed to keep 1 in 25 people happy
edit on 18/12/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join