It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is right we need to start saying "Merry Christmas" again

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

According to Wikipedia 70.6% are Christians. 22.4% or without religion, so not exactly true it seems though I disagree. We're being bred and raised to be wimps.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-12-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't care what religion the holiday is, as long as there is a dinner and desert offered. Maybe we need to make a holiday for every single pagan religion. I like family get togethers.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
People should say whatever they want and quit telling other people what to say. Say merry christmas if you want, say happy holidays if you want. Say kickin' kwanzaa. It doesnt matter. Only thing that matters is all this trying to force other people to do what you want. That it isnt your business and what you say isnt therea either.

Nobody tells me what i can think or say.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Believe me this xmas is yuggge, it will be amazing very very very bigly. People tell me, important people that this xmas should really, really, be for Mexicans and people from South Carolina. I love the people from South Carolina with their green bicycles and paintings of Vladimere Poot in. I have a plan, believe me. What's the question?

Shut up Newt. Youre fired!!!

edit on 18-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Exactly. But to hear these guys talk, they are the ones being oppressed. It's absurd.

Having to endure someone telling you Happy Holidays does not consitute religious persecution. Try being a Christian in the Middle East right now if you care to understand persecution.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Xmas is one day a year, go ahead say all it you want, dosent change most people minds, its a pagan holiday stolen by the church of pedophiles, but plz do tell us how the war on xmas is destroying christians all over the world.

Thanks for sharing your hate Mr. Grinch.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Tell the same thing to blacks and feminists. They aren't being persecuted or oppressed, they should go to the Middle East and Africa to see how it is. Same goes to the LGBTQIA+(more insanity).

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There's a worrying tendency for people to become Dickensian at this time of year.

"Merry Christmas to you, my fine fellow, the Yuletide log is burning on the hearth as we speak..."

If we're brutally honest about it, unless you are a Christian, Christmas is a rather pointless preamble to New Year (and I'm not overly keen on that).

I've never quite understood why it should occur a week before the biggest natural celebration of the year.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

"if anyone is offended by "Merry Christmas" they do not belong in a liberal western society"

wow! great Christian attitude there, buddy. lol

you guys and your imaginary pc police are too funny. I've been saying happy holidays way before the right became so triggered by it. it's not new. LOL

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Except we're not talking about that right now. We are whining about feeling oppressed by Happy Holiday-ers. Perhaps on a different thread, we could talk about those other issues.

link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I like most religious holidays Jewish and muslim are good because they have to feed me if I gatecrash a do.
Lots of different foods in my tum tum.

link   

Except you would refute that type of argument

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Im not Christian

I despise all forms of ignorance equally

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

You don't know me, so don't presume.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Exactly. This "Happy Holidays" crap is such a first world problem. There are way more important things to be upset about.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
I've never quite understood why it should occur a week before the biggest natural celebration of the year.

Because it was rolled into the Saturnalia which was the actual lead in to New Year.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

This is quite amusing. You are offering up a perfect example of indoctrination and subjugation, while attempting to affect superiority over the people with whom you do not agree politically. You're saying that you've been subverted by people in power, at their mercy, told what to say and how to behave. The irony is exquisite.

If you, or anyone else, stopped saying "Merry Christmas" to people when there is no law against it, no legal consequences for it, simply because someone said it wasn't fair or proper or "politically correct", then you have zero reason to complain about it, because that was a choice.

No one made you or anyone else say "Happy Holidays" instead. If you did that then you did it all on your own, so let's not act as if you were somehow forced into it. That victim mentality doesn't wash here. We live in a country where it is perfectly legal to say whatever we please. You can run up and down the street shouting "All hail Beelzebub" at the top of your lungs, and you would have the inalienable right do so, as long as you are not endangering anyone in the process.

All of this bluster, trash talking and implied moral superiority, gloating and rubbing it in...and the whole time, you've been afraid to say "Merry Christmas" to people? You need Donald Trump to give you permission to say it? My...how very anti-establishment of you.

You are essentially saying that you cannot think for yourself, that you need someone else to tell you how to think and behave. You live in a country where freedom of speech is so highly valued that it's the first amendment to our constitution, yet you need another person to give you permission to exercise that right, to hold your hand. That is simply trading one subversion for another.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You lot get two Christmases really thanksgiving and xmas.
Do you all have turkey on both days?.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Do you all have turkey on both days?.

If you're unlucky you do.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I agree a dry bird...I prefer swan.
But this year it's goose...I have history with geese so will be happy to eat one.
edit on 18-12-2016 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join