It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German politicians call for fake news used in a 'targeted campaign' to be made a crime

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

eading German MPs have called for online “fake news” campaigns to be made a crime, amid growing concern Russia is using social media to influence Western elections.

“Targeted disinformation to destabilise a state should be a criminal offence,” Patrick Sensburg, a senior MP in Angela Merkel’s Christian Democratic Union (CDU) party, said.

“We need to consider whether there should be some sort of ‘test site’ that reveals and identifies propaganda pages,” he told the Funke group of German regional newspapers.

The call was backed by his party colleague Ansgar Heveling, the chairman of the German parliament’s influential internal affairs committee.

“We last saw disinformation campaigns during the Cold War, now they have clearly been revived with new media opportunities,” Mr Heveling told the Rheinische Post newspaper.

This seems to be the end game of the "Fake news" campaign.

So first of all they have been dictating what is and what is not "Fake news" as they see fit even puttin up websites with lists of other websites they deem as "fake news" sources which funnily enough never include the MSM platforms somehow (you can't make that stuff up folks). No, now they are even going to make it a criminal offense.

So in short, control the narrative and then prosecute. Does the left who have in all actuality have been shown to produce the most "fake news" and corruption not even recognize the slippery slope they are on with this??

“The law already offers options, such as a slander or defamation. But I think a criminal sentence is more appropriate when it is a targeted campaign.”

Like the obvious targeted campaign against trump by the MSM? Oh no wait, the MSM was not on their stasi li... sorry "Fake news" lists. How convenient.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I can see it now.

Merkel crying "Fake News!" after losing her election just like HRC.

Neither acknowledging their obvious flaws and mistakes critically weakening their own countries as the actual reason they couldnt get the votes.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone
www.telegraph.co.uk...

eading German MPs have called for online “fake news” campaigns to be made a crime, amid growing concern Russia is using social media to influence Western elections.

“Targeted disinformation to destabilise a state should be a criminal offence,” Patrick Sensburg, a senior MP in Angela Merkel’s Christian Democratic Union (CDU) party, said.

“We need to consider whether there should be some sort of ‘test site’ that reveals and identifies propaganda pages,” he told the Funke group of German regional newspapers.

The call was backed by his party colleague Ansgar Heveling, the chairman of the German parliament’s influential internal affairs committee.

“We last saw disinformation campaigns during the Cold War, now they have clearly been revived with new media opportunities,” Mr Heveling told the Rheinische Post newspaper.

This seems to be the end game of the "Fake news" campaign.

So first of all they have been dictating what is and what is not "Fake news" as they see fit even puttin up websites with lists of other websites they deem as "fake news" sources which funnily enough never include the MSM platforms somehow (you can't make that stuff up folks). No, now they are even going to make it a criminal offense.

So in short, control the narrative and then prosecute. Does the left who have in all actuality have been shown to produce the most "fake news" and corruption not even recognize the slippery slope they are on with this??

“The law already offers options, such as a slander or defamation. But I think a criminal sentence is more appropriate when it is a targeted campaign.”

Like the obvious targeted campaign against trump by the MSM? Oh no wait, the MSM was not on their stasi li... sorry "Fake news" lists. How convenient.

Why not? You can't yell fire in theater. Politics are supposed to be important.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

I can see it now.

Neither acknowledging their obvious flaws and mistakes critically weakening their own countries as the actual reason they couldnt get the votes.

Didn't Germany try this a while back? Then it progressed to burning books. Then to declare certain people deplorable and unworthy of living among them, so they had to be shipped off. All while the German military goosestepped their way outside their borders?

Beware Germany. Please heed the warnings of history. Do not sit idle while the heat is slowly turned up on you or you will be boiling before you know it.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
One Volk, One Reich, right Merkel?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

After a strong comeback from an embarrassing last hundred years to say politely, I'm sad to see Germany suppress free speech (especially seeing as they showed us why not to).

Sometimes people get it wrong, and who decides what is fake.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Following the Nazi's, and the Soviet's, German's above all should known better than censorship.

edit on 17-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I can see it now.

I do believe if we are not very careful we as a world of various societies have entered a very dangerous time.

Around Asia something as simply as saying something derogatory about a politician or a General on social media can get you a court case and prison; I kid not.. That is not a big next step if this crap continues.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Why not? You can't yell fire in theater. Politics are supposed to be important.

Because that's not how it will go in practice. The government will provide fake news that will be the official truth and everything else will be fake news whether it is true or not. Many relevant truths will be banned from the official truth.

It's happening already. Most of the fools demonizing Russia these days don't realize that they are in effect sticking up for Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and the other Gulf Arabs monarchies. That's who and what is pushing the anti-Russian agenda as well as who and what funds the Democrats: Arab oil and British banking. When you demonize Russia, that is who you are helping. The Germans have an old rivalry with Russia but they're just a sideshow now by comparison. Mostly it's about oil of course.

So where is all the talk about Arab influence on our election in the US? Where is the talk in Germany about the danger of Saudi influence on German policy and German elections? Then again, I don't speak German, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were at least a bit more aware that this is not the one sided issue the US mass media is pretending it to be. I mean I really don't know, are they any better?

You see, the 'official truth' is already lying and banning key information from the conversation entirely. I believe that Russia is a much better ally for the US and Germany over the long term than the Arabs, but some wealthy interests simply want to ban all conversation on this topic in the mass media.

And no wonder, such cooperation would threaten the very existence of the Arab regimes. If the US, Germany(EU), and Russia (and probably China too these days) were all cooperating, there would no longer be any reason they couldn't simply crush the Arabs. They could all just agree to partition Arabia and the Gulf States and divy up the oil. Whereas during the Cold War, such a thing was impossible as seizing Saudi Arabia was one of the common 'first moves' in WWIII scenarios by both sides (and still is!).

So you see why the Arabs and their British bankers are hell bent on keeping the US and Russia from having friendly relations and certainly want to prevent them from reaching the point of deep allied cooperation. Working together, they could all simply agree to 'vote them off the island' and nobody would have to put up with the head chopping, slave trading Arab "royalty" anymore.

Thus for the Arab monarchies, there is way more at stake than just higher profit margins on oil. For now they all get to run their countries like twisted playgrounds but they stand to lose that in our lifetimes, provided you're middle aged or less. They are caught between international and domestic pressure like forces that are only going to rise. If they play their cards less than excellently this half century, they will lose everything.

I mean just look at 9/11. For a decade and a half, congress sealed a report that basically says that Saudi agents carried out 9/11. And then after 9/11, the US ran around the Middle East doing their bidding for a decade, crushing both oil competition and regional rival governments. The whole mass media "official truth" on the Middle East is a completely disgusting pack of lies and lies by omission, and oh by the way the regional body count is easily over 2 million+ since then, and who outside of the "fake news" is willing to talk about THAT?
edit on 17-12-2016 by 11andrew34 because: typo

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This is all China's design:

China Presses Tech Firms to Police the Internet
Picture an internet where tech companies are deputized as crime-fighters, where censors keep radical views in check and where governments work together to achieve global order in cyberspace.

That is China’s vision, and its third-annual World Internet Conference that ended Friday was aimed at proselytizing that view to tech executives and government leaders who assembled here from around the world.

China’s efforts to promote its concept of the internet had fresh resonance as Western minds now debate whether social media sites should screen out fake news, or if smartphone makers should help police gain access to the secrets locked away in the devices of suspected criminals.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I can see it now.

They are preparing the public to tell us the same russian hacker story like the US officials(we, as an US outpost, have to do so, check the web for Kanzlerakte, the Four D´s of occupation etc) tell their people now.
It´s in every propaganda/state news broadcast, that maybe the german elections will be influenced by russian hackers.

That is programming, fearing the people, nothing else.
It´s the beginning of a huge censorship, and everything that isn´t on government/US/NATO line, will be censored in the future, if we don´t stop that evil individuals and their agenda.

But who will be the "Minister of Truth", who will decide what is fake news, and what not? State propaganda is never fake news, i guess, like Tonkin, like WMD in Iraq etc. I read that Chomsky still is laughing about the US officials, how they had to work hard to define "terrorism", because the whole US warfare and diplomatical behaviour fell under the definition of terrorism, till they changed it to: Our terrorism is good, only the other terrorists are bad.

The same problems will occure with fake news now.
What was with that rockets from Iraq, that allegedly could reach Europe in 45 minutes, what was with the WMD in Iraq? What was that story, basing on a "regrettable translation error", saying that Iran wants to erase Israel from the map? What is with(for germany): The pensions are save? Or with that acute terror threat the whole time, exactly since 9/11? What´s with all the bogeyman russia stories, with no evidence to present? I could go and on to quote official fake news.

Doesn´t that mean "our"(the german) government would be in jail with one leg, and standing with the other leg on a banana peel?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 11andrew34

How about this one:

Where is all the talk of George Soros influencing America's election?

His meddling is a known fact, while Russia's meddling is only speculation.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: 11andrew34

How about this one:

Where is all the talk of George Soros influencing America's election?

His meddling is a known fact, while Russia's meddling is only speculation.

The fact Republicans were against the Electoral College under Trump Candidate, and now have endless faith in it is jaw dropping enough.

For example, Republican's literally said there shouldn't be electors many times, without much resistance. The State pop vote should determinate electorates.

Democrats saying the exact same thing are called treasonous now, only a month later.

The Right only hears what it wants.
edit on 17-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

This is all Chinas design

I say this since almost since two decades, the west is dreaming to be like China or North Corea, in relation to all that censor and surveillance stuff.
That is the westerns wet dream!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

the left who have in all actuality have been shown to produce the most "fake news"

Do you have any evidence of this, or you just like to believe that? No one on the left could ever lie as much as the right wing does- they even lie to themselves.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

What at all does your response to my post have to do with George Soros?

By the way, state popular votes are what determines the electorate votes in all states except for the few that prorate their electorate votes based on county/precinct.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Are you serious? Where have you been for the past year?

A perfect example is CNN publishing a story claiming that Ivanka is moving into the east wing of the White House. Then a politico editor retweeted it and got fired.

And my personal favorite was when CNN lied and said that Trump made fun of a reporter for being physically disabled which turned out to be blatantly false.

And what about all those woman who accused Trump of sexual assault? We don't hear anything from them anymore.

You criticize someone for making a claim without a source and then you make a claim asymmetrical to his and fail to provide a source for yourself.

edit on 12/17/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

a reply to: CB328
And my personal favorite was when CNN lied and said that Trump made fun of a reporter for being physically disabled which turned out to be blatantly false.

So the following was just a mass illusion?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

a reply to: imjack

What at all does your response to my post have to do with George Soros?

By the way, state popular votes are what determines the electorate votes in all states except for the few that prorate their electorate votes based on county/precinct.

Incorrect. Electorate Votes are based on who Electors vote for. There is no federal law that requires electors to vote as they have pledged. 21 States do not even have laws, and the ones that do are only at State level. Many constitutional scholars agree that electors remain free agents despite state laws and that, if challenged, such laws would be ruled unconstitutional.

I'm pretty sure both sides can unanimously agree that's ridiculous and State Pop votes should decide electorates, but after Trump won, all hope of actually changing the system was flushed down the toilet, the absolute total opposite of what was promised is now being pushed. Electorate College is good now!

How many times has the 'faithless elector' scenario come into play? Over 80.
edit on 17-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
So the following was just a mass illusion?

Yes. It was.

I see your video, and I raise you these six:

The True Story: Donald Trump Did Not Mock a Reporter’s Disability

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join