It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unarmed 73yo grandfather shot 'NINE TIMES' and killed by California cops.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Unarmed grandfather, 73, with dementia is shot 'NINE TIMES' and killed by California cops as he wanders around his block at 12.30am.

An unarmed grandfather in the early stages of dementia was shot dead by police while he walked around the block near his home.

Francisco Serna, 73, was hit nine times by gunfire from police in Bakersfield, California, answering a call about a man with a gun - but no weapon was recovered from the scene.

He was stood in his neighbor's driveway at around 12.30am Monday morning when he was gunned down. His family said he took the late-night walks to tire himself out.

Shoot first, ask questions later?

Cant really pose questions to a dead man though.

Well you could, but he probably wont respond.

This poor soul didnt even have a gun but imagine if he did.

I suppose in CA its illegal to protect yourself but concealed carry is becoming much more popular. Some are even saying that "Trump" might introduce national carry.

Its getting scary out there.

edit on 14-12-2016 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Obviously you're just trying to maliciously attack
our officers with this story.
They have families they want to make it home to too.
If an unarmed man whom I imagine clearly looked aged and frail
stands between me and my family.
THAT MAN IS GOING TO DIE.

Officers have been trained to immediately resort to lethal force
because they are taught that they must fear everything.
It's also the greatest get free out of jail card they use.
I'm going to assume the officers or officers involved
will be given paid vacations and their cop buddies
will investigate them and find them to have acted in
accordance to their policies.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Did you also see the article on DailyFail about the two cops in Georgia that were shot by a guy who ignored repeated commands to take his hands out of his pockets?

Just curious.

ETA - in an effort to head off the inevitable flaming to some extent, no I'm not justifying the shooting. I'm saying there's a reason a person gets asked to get their hands in view, and failure to do so isn't going to help the situation in any way, for anybody.
edit on 14-12-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Criminals ruin it for everyone.

Cops are still not trained to be executioners.
If cops solely acted due to previous experience
every cops would be straight up just murdering people
without the need for fear they would all claim -

"He was going to commit a crime - they all do - I just was preventing it"

Hope you've been well bud with the holidays.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Some cops, nowadays, have no business being cops. They can't settle a thing peacefully.
Always more scared for themselves, to hell with anybody else.

And their bravery only shows itself when they're in numbers.

I'd like to see their asses fry . . .but they'll probably lie their way out.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

Well...most cops don't act "solely" off their experience so that's not much more than hyperbole. Experience is part of it, but not all of it.

Getting a call that there's a man with a gun and then being told "that's him" certainly didn't help when there's no gun.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Shot 9 times. Unarmed. This is awful. No excuse

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Surprised they did not plant a weapon on the poor sod really.

How many more unarmed people need to die by the hands of these so called officer of the law before enough is enough???

edit on 14-12-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SIEGE
Some cops, nowadays, have no business being cops. They can't settle a thing peacefully.
Always more scared for themselves, to hell with anybody else.

I have to agree with you, nowadays cops are clowns in militarized pantsuits. I'd say we disarm them all till they get 2 years worth of hardcore psychological gun training.

edit on 14-12-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Who needs a hitman? Call the police, tell them they have a gun, lock them outside of their house. Wait to see it on the news.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I would appreciate it if cops would practice restraint on themselves, like they used to.
But no, this old fart is going to make me soil myself?

The entire department now has crap all over their faces if they think this is acceptable, and worthy of defensible actions.
Turn in your badge, your gun, and try on some pants that fit you.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Francisco Serna....73, probably Mexican. Can't be to careful these days eh?

Rapist, drug dealer, murder, who knows....

[sarc....

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Francisco Serna....73, probably Mexican. Can't be to careful these days eh?

Rapist, drug dealer, murder, who knows....

[sarc....

your sarc tag is incomplete. now you're a racist and bigot

protecting and serving, one bullet at a time.
edit on 14-12-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Not justifying this shooting in any way, since at first glance it appears unjustified, but why is it that after this type of incident there's always statements like "All cops are [ blank ]." and the majority seem fine with it?

But yet, if someone makes the statement of "All [ insert protected class ] are [ blank ]." the majority seem to lose their minds?

You can't have it both ways.

Either:

Each individual bad cop is reflective of every cop as a whole - AND - Each individual bad [ insert group ] member is reflective of each group as a whole

Or:

There are bad individuals in every group, and no single bad member of any group is indicative of the quality of a group as a whole.

Double standards expose hypocrisy.

In any case, Cali has a fairly good track record of culling the bad apples. I'm willing to have faith that it'll be handled appropriately.

*puts on flamesuit*

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen

Not justifying this shooting in any way, since at first glance it appears unjustified, but why is it that after this type of incident there's always statements like "All cops are [ blank ]." and the majority seem fine with it?

But yet, if someone makes the statement of "All [ insert protected class ] are [ blank ]." the majority seem to lose their minds?

Either:

Each individual bad cop is reflective of every cop as a whole - AND - Each individual bad [ insert group ] member is reflective of each group as a whole

Or:

There are bad individuals in every group, and no single bad member of any group is indicative of the quality of a group as a whole.

In any case, Cali has a fairly good track record of culling the bad apples. I'm willing to have faith that it'll be handled appropriately.

*puts on flamesuit*

You forgot to mention a third group that will defend anything an officer does.
The ones that come to us here from GLP and Stormfront and Breitbart.
This group will challenge any opponents of officers with -

"Well do you know how hard their job is?
Maybe next time you need help don't call them."

They're also the group that admonishes anything said in negative about officers
but consider any bad member of [insert group] to be the representation of all their people.

Double standards expose hypocrisy - I agree.

You know like rapists - murderers and thieves.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It being Bakersfield, the investigation will be both brief, and superficial. Someone once told me that no action has ever been successfully brought against a Bako cop in the history of Bakersfield. I don't know for certain, but the guy was a former Bako cop, so it's likely true.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagicCow

Either:

Or:

*puts on flamesuit*

You forgot to mention a third group that will defend anything an officer does.
The ones that come to us here from GLP and Stormfront and Breitbart.
This group will challenge any opponents of officers with -

"Well do you know how hard their job is?
Maybe next time you need help don't call them."

They're also the group that admonishes anything said in negative about officers
but consider any bad member of [insert group] to be the representation of all their people

I tend to ignore those types in any kind of civilized discussion. Not worthy of anyone's time and attention save to dismiss them outright.

It's best to look at each individual incident/person and judge it based on the facts, at least that's what a reasonable person does.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
It being Bakersfield, the investigation will be both brief, and superficial. Someone once told me that no action has ever been successfully brought against a Bako cop in the history of Bakersfield. I don't know for certain, but the guy was a former Bako cop, so it's likely true.

Well, with all the media attention "cops vs. citizens" has been getting lately, it'll pressure elected officials to actually do their jobs, see that a thorough investigation is done, and see that appropriate action is taken.

The guilty/not guilty I leave to the people.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

Let's just say where the profession of Policing is concerned a few bad apples does indeed spoil the bunch.

And when incidents like this happen almost weekly something is very wrong indeed.
edit on 14-12-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Either:

Or:

*puts on flamesuit*

Let me run through some logic here:

- an asian person does not choose to be asian
- a woman does not choose to be a woman
- people don't choose to grow old
- no one of sound mind chooses to be disabled
- Police are not born with a badge. DOing that job is a choice.

Do you see the error in your logic?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join