It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Maddow: Poll Reveals Trump Voters Are in Alternate State of Reality

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: reldra
Look at Fox's demographic, it is, not long for this world.

What demographic is that?

Fox News Channel is the only cable news outlet to increase its viewership since the election of Donald Trump one month ago, and it is currently tripling the viewership of its main competitors, CNN and MSNBC, The Hill reported.

Here are the latest primetime viewership numbers:

Fox News: 2.9 million.
CNN: 960,000.
MSNBC: 959,000.

Fox also wins handily in the key advertising demographic of 25- to 54-year-olds:

Fox News: 1.82 million.
CNN: 765,000.
MSNBC: 559,000.

According to TVNewser, Fox beat its two main competitors throughout the broadcast day, and saw its highest ratings since the 2012 presidential election.

Link.

I think someone is detached from reality and thought only old people watched FOX. To be fair they may have heard it from Rachel Maddow.
edit on 13/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale
a reply to: reldra

So a far left progressive posts a video of a far left progressive explaining that if you don't think the way they do that you are divorced from reality.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This is why your ideology lost the election and is continuing to lose favor in America.

I implore you... keep it up!

That is not the content of the video or the article.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I guess that should have been a poll question.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Not a surprise to me.

I try really hard to see things as they actually are. To strip away to the bare bone.

I just want to scream: "WAKE UP".

edit on 13-12-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
I am still trying to understand how the notion that a 90% disapproval rating of Obama by Trump voters constitutes that they somehow live in an alternate reality.

Sounds to me like a bunch of people who didn't like Obama's last 8 years decided to vote for something different this year.

Of course, someone will say you are a secret closet racist if you disapprove of Obama, regardless of your reasoning.

The 96% disapproval rating of Obama by Trump voters differs with most of the country.

Who will say someone is a racist closeted or otherwise who did not vote for Obama?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Together strong.

Divided weak.

Carry on...

So we should do away with threads that are critical of some? The board would be empty.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: underwerks

Just uneducated. And by that I don't mean dumb either. I mean someone who hasn't taken a day or two to learn these techniques and how they're used by people in power.

So you don't think that all those "classes on propaganda" are, in themselves, propaganda?

What sociopolitical ideology prevails in said institutions?

I believe those you criticize are smarter than that for which you give them credit.

Peeking behind the curtain isn't the same as standing behind it pulling the levers.

I don't think the people being used aren't smart, they just don't have the time to investigate. Which is one reason why fake news has taken off like it has.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Fox News Channel is the only cable news outlet to increase its viewership since the election of Donald Trump one month ago, and it is currently tripling the viewership of its main competitors, CNN and MSNBC, The Hill reported.

Fox also wins handily in the key advertising demographic of 25- to 54-year-olds:

According to TVNewser, Fox beat its two main competitors throughout the broadcast day, and saw its highest ratings since the 2012 presidential election.

Link.

I think someone is detached from reality and thought only old people watched FOX. To be fair they may have heard it from Rachel Maddow.

The median age of FOX news viewers is 68. They are losing younger viewers faster than any other news network. About 100 sources will show this.
The median age of a CNN viewer is 59.
edit on 13-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Who will say someone is a racist closeted or otherwise who did not vote for Obama?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

That is his opinion. He is also stating part of Trump's win may be due to some not having wanted a Black president for 8 years. That is true. So many were outraged, they tried to prove Obama was born in Kenya. But he also states that is not the only reason and gives credit for the trump win. That is also opinion, he is a pundit. he brought no facts or figures. That whole table of talking heads were giving their opinions that night.
edit on 13-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Rachel Maddow dissected a PPP poll exclusively pre-released to MSNBC

Hmmm. "pre-released".

I bet many of these "polls" are fake and they never called anybody.

Fake.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Link.

The median age of FOX news viewers is 68. They are losing younger viewers faster than any other news network. About 100 sources will show this.

In total day, CNN’s median viewer age was 61 compared to 67 for Fox. But in primetime the difference was starker; CNN’s average was 59 while Fox News averaged 68.

what difference does it make

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I read the OP's source.

What a total crock of BS:

1. She expresses shock that republicans do not like Obama.... big surprise there.

2. Obama has 90% disapproval rating among Trump voters, despite his 50% overall rating...there fore they are nut jobs.

Yep, what is the disapproval rate of Trump by Hillary voters - I have a strong feeling its is very similar. This proves nothing and you have to be stupid to believe it does.

3. The unemployment rate dropped under Obama. BS. With the affordable care act..aka Obama care... many many employers (Walmart anybody?) cut the hours of employees to make sure they didn't have to provide mandated health coverage. These people, millions, either work two jobs to get by, or have one job that does not have the hours to get health care.

The real unemployment rate should only deal with:

1. Those who maintain a steady 40 hour week with health benefits.
2. Include those who are no longer on the unemployment rolls because their benefits expired and they have gave up on finding a job.

Yes it is true the quality of employment is far lower under Obama. But the biggest reason the unemployment number is a complete lie is that the not in labor force number which should be counted as unemployment has increased from 80 million in 2009 to 95 million today.

The unemployment number is absolute garbage. It is a statistic designed to make the government look as good as possible and does not reflect reality. But this is not unique there are many other government statistics such as inflation that are completely rigged. Trump voters not believing unemployment is down just indicates they are aware of the reality of their surroundings and know that the economy has gotten worse the last 8 years no matter what phony statistics are cooked up.

The fact most Trump voters believed that the stock market was down during Obama is again based on their knowledge that the economy has gotten worse, and they just assumed the market would reflect this.
edit on 13-12-2016 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I am still trying to understand how the notion that a 90% disapproval rating of Obama by Trump voters constitutes that they somehow live in an alternate reality.

Sounds to me like a bunch of people who didn't like Obama's last 8 years decided to vote for something different this year.

Of course, someone will say you are a secret closet racist if you disapprove of Obama, regardless of your reasoning.

The 96% disapproval rating of Obama by Trump voters differs with most of the country.

What, disapproval of Obama by Republicans is racist? Why bring racism into it?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Correct... and those that are more informed, beyond the govt. marking their own homework, understand this.

link   

He is also stating part of Trump's win may be due to some not having wanted a Black president for 8 years. That is true.

That is not true. What does that have to do with Hillary, Trump, Stein, or Johnson? ALL are white. Why would people vote for Trump because Obama is black? That same logic could be applied to any of the candidates. If Hillary would have won would it still have been a "Whitelash"?

Ridiculous.
edit on 13-12-2016 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

link   
Exactly as I expected. Skewed b s and (intentionally) misinterpreted data. I only need cite the example of unemployment to make my point. Liberals claim that unemployment under obama has dropped to 4.6% while thinking people know that the true number of unemployed people is closer to 10% because of the chronically unemployed who are no longer receiving benefits and are thus no longer counted in the unemployment figures.

It seems while liberals have passed safely through stage 1 denial and isolation (safe space crying rooms and therapy dogs) that many are still firmly entrenched in stage 2 anger (riots and looting etc) while most have moved on to stage 3 bargaining (recount recount recount). Of course making this observation will trigger a back step to denial again. That is one of the differences between complex and simple grief. Simple grief is dealt with and left behind. Complex grief can keep cycling renewing itself without proper intervention.

My message is this: you don't have to suffer with liberalism. It IS treatable...Get help today.
edit on 13-12-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Absolutely. We were and still are detached from reality. After all we still believe Donald J. Trump was victorious and that he will be POTUS which is clearly untrue because the only correct reality is the one where Hillary wins. You really believe in polls? I feel these folks just try and find clueless people because the Trump supporters I see do their research as much as they can. Nice to see those denying ignorance use incredibly biased sources.

All hail polls, which have never been wrong!

edit on 13-12-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Link.

You were just shown that FOX news were winning in the 25-52 segment (easily).
Stop deluding yourself.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I'll keep my state of consciousness over hers any day.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join