It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden plans to reintroduce compulsory military 2019

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye
a reply to: tikbalang

Being forced to comply and do what you're told for so many months ain't such a good thing.

Left! Right! Left!

Until the mind doesn't digest it anymore, the body reacts to the orders automatically.

This is what's wrong with humanity. It's not what's good. We need more people who can think, not more whom can shut up and follow orders, and let others do all the mental work for them.

You go in as a snotty nosed kid
You come out a fully confident grown-up that is perfectly capable of taking care of themselves

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
I wonder if this is more of a "Covert" action to surrepticiously cull all the recent Muslim immigrants OUT of Sweden....knowing full well most of them wont want to fight for Sweden, even if they are "Citizens".
Interesting to see what develops.
Could be a ruling, if you (young men) dont join the required national service, for the country, You will be deported to whence you came.

May be a way to get the rats off the sinking ship, to make it float again.

The Vikings are back.....well played Sweden....Berzerkos Val Halla Uula!!

With how things are in the mother-of-all-Hell-holes ME and the West's involvement which led to this refugee/migrant crisis, I don't think it's a good idea to call up those people for National Service. And besides that, didn't the men flee the ME because they didn't want to fight or be conscripted. If they won't join their own military and fight for their own country, I would imagine they're not going to join that of any another country.

And another thing, when you blow up a man's home and his family too, it's not a good idea to then invite him back to yours and give him your weapons and military training.

edit on 13-12-2016 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
When you see Countries suddenly expanding their Military it, speaks Volumes as to something they're preparing for. Something akin to a large scale war.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I think the US could do well with a foreign legion.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Being forced to comply and do what you're told for so many months ain't such a good thing.

Left! Right! Left!

Until the mind doesn't digest it anymore, the body reacts to the orders automatically.

This is what's wrong with humanity. It's not what's good. We need more people who can think, not more whom can shut up and follow orders, and let others do all the mental work for them.

You come out a fully confident grown-up that is perfectly capable of taking care of themselves

I have more friends who've served in the army then not. I see how capable they are taking care of themselves... Even in their early 30's, don't know what to do in their lives and playing the Xbox all day, yet I have friends who've skipped service and are very independent.

It's a myth. It's untested to think there's a correlation between army service and independence.

See all the homeless veterans.

See my point?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
They need to make sure to not let Immigrants into the military there. keep them weak and managable.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

maybe they are happier living a more humble and calm life after all their hard work and effort, ambition and independent life styles are almost always an indicator of lacking something and feeling desperate to find that something; of loneliness and looking for a way to fill the void in their hearts; of distrust towards others and an inability to accept their thoughts and feelings; of false pride, insecurity, vanity, an inability to cooperate with others and they think they have a say in things they have no clue about.

lack of discipline is bad for the human spirit and turns people into monsters who become vicious when they lack stability and a good lifestyle, humans need order to know their path in life or they become unhappy(many like that live in denial and think what they have is happiness).

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Left! Right! Left!

I have more friends who've served in the army then not. I see how capable they are taking care of themselves... Even in their early 30's, don't know what to do in their lives and playing the Xbox all day, yet I have friends who've skipped service and are very independent.

It's a myth. It's untested to think there's a correlation between army service and independence.

See all the homeless veterans.

See my point?

I imagine that is true in some countries today.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Those good old times EU countries draft people are gone. Those times won't be back, because the EU can't have a standing army as it is a threat to human civilization. It's a people's militia that shall bear the power and right of force, just like the liberators and founding fathers of the US republic have envisaged, against EU slavery and oligarchy.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

of course it's true.

I was in a mandatory military, i have around 40, still playing Nintendo and don't giving rat's ass about what to do in life.

but can kill you in about 9876 ways if I have to. thnx to heavy infantry training.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

The US military is already much akin to a Foreign Legion:
www.spiegel.de...

And that's an old story; I'd guess the numbers are even higher today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join