It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time names Trump Person of the Year for 2016

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Today.com

President-elect Donald Trump, the real estate businessman and political novice whose election campaign made the entire world take notice, has been selected as TIME’s 2016 Person of the Year.
"To be on the cover of Time as Person of the Year is a tremendous honor," Trump told Matt Lauer in an interview after the reveal.

The President-elect did however take issue with the magazine's choice to refer to him as "President of the Divided States of America."

"I think putting 'divided' is snarky," Trump said. "I didn’t do anything to divide."

I think he is The Person of the Year! We are counting on him. All of his supporters are excited to see what changes he is able to enact when taking his position in The White House. Do I believe he is a God, no. Do I believe that he will be able to do more than what Obama ever dreamed of doing, absolutely!

I find it hilarious that they can't just congratulate him. Instead they refer to him as "President of the Divided States of America". Come on guys, give him a chance!

edit on 12/7/2016 by Martin75 because: Corrected mistakes

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
I find it hilarious that they can't just congratulate him.

I never really looked at this as a prize where you would want congratulations, it is more of a 'who was most interesting' or 'who impacted the news most' type of honorific.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The hilbits have destroyed their credibility for a decade.DT can accomplish much without the Washington swamp lobbyists.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Trump will make a great President.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I never really looked at this as a prize where you would want congratulations, it is more of a 'who was most interesting' or 'who impacted the news most' type of honorific.

Guess I see it a little differently.
Wiki
(Not agreeing or disagreeing with choices just listing)

2015:Merkel - Chancellor of Germany since 2005, recognized for leadership in the Greek debt crisis and European migrant crisis.
2014:Ebola fighters - "Ebola fighters" refers to health care workers who helped stop the spread of ebola virus disease during the Ebola virus epidemic in West Africa, including not only doctors and nurses, but also ambulance attendants, burial parties and others
2013: Pope Francis -Elected head of the Roman Catholic Church in 2013, following the resignation of Pope Benedict XV

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I've just had a Mandela moment. I could have sworn that the 2015 Person was someone controversial, like the leader of ISIS. I've just checked, and it was Angela Merkel. My memory is playing me tricks again.
Anyway, it was Obama in 2012. This is really about "Who makes the most news", isn't it? Natural choice, on that basis.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Adolph Hitler won as well and Bin Laden was in the running one year.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Sadly when Hitler and Stalin won; people had a horrible view on life.
They picked Hitler because they felt he had accomplished great things (again I am NOT agreeing)

As German Chancellor, Hitler oversaw the unification of Germany with Austria and the Sudetenland in 1938, after the Anschluss and Munich Agreement respectively.

And they same with Stalin

In 1939, Stalin was General Secretary of the Communist Party and de facto leader of the Soviet Union. He oversaw the signing of a non-aggression pact with Nazi Germany before invading eastern Poland.

edit on 12/7/2016 by Martin75 because: added

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Officially, the Person of the Year is the one who was the most influential, good or bad. But in truth, because the award is generally considered an honor, it rarely goes to someone generally regarded as bad.

Case in point: In 2001, they were seriously considering naming Osama bin Laden the Person of the Year, because of the massive impact the 9/11 attacks had on world events. But when rumors of this leaked out, people were outraged that Time would "honor" him with Person of the Year. Eventually, Time wimped out and settled on Rudy Giuliani as a safer choice.
edit on 7-12-2016 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Yeah, it was a #ty year.

Might as well have an asshole on the cover.

Hm. It would be interesting to see if mere asskissing and covers would be enough to make you guys think MSM has come around

edit on 612Wednesday000000America/ChicagoDec000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

It was their impact on world affairs which saw them receiving this title, pretty much the same as Trump. It is not a humanitarian award.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
already posted:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Holy # - this will undoubtedly be the mother of all triggers for someone looking at needing to be offended by Trump when they get up every morning.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I never said that...sorry it came across that way. Just said it was a shame it's a slam...always a slam

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

"needing to be offended"

Is that on Maslow's hierarchy of needs somewhere?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Whoa I didn't recognize him without his Nazi Regalia.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

They're just trying to get people all triggered and flipping out on checkout cashiers at grocery stores this month. Call it a 'passive-regressive' method of vicariously abusing people.

link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Don't see your picture and you have repeatedly proven to be the King of em

edit on 12/7/2016 by Martin75 because: Damn spell check...I hate my phone!

link   

originally posted by: Martin75
I never said that...sorry it came across that way. Just said it was a shame it's a slam...always a slam

What are you going to do? Half the country does not like him. If you like him, be happy, forget what other people say.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

True that...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join