It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Military Dressed As Police To Destroy Public Trust In Police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It's looking really stinky now.

skwawkbox.org...

NEW EVIDENCE BLOWS LID OFF ARMY INVOLVEMENT AT ORGREAVE

. . . armed forces personnel illegally masquerading as police officers.

. . .

As he got towards the bottom of the road he noticed several coaches on the left hand side of the road and a large box van , as he looked closer he saw people in civilian clothes getting packs of dark clothes from back of this van. My father in law did his national service and was convinced they were from the armed forces. (note: the milkman in the account above is still around and I hope to publish an interview – hopefully named – with him in the next few days)

. . .

“Of course we supplied a lot of plain uniforms like that for the army lads to wear during the miners’ strike.”

. . .

I was travelling to London and saw soldiers changing into police uniforms. I was hitching my way and was in a truck south of Leeds. I saw a convoy of minibuses travelling north and soldiers were changing from army uniforms into police gear. . . . This is too important to be left unspoken.

. . .

He lost his stripes and earned a spell in the glasshouse because he refused orders to come back to South Yorkshire posing as police to help break the strikes. As other commenters have said, this has always been common knowledge in our communities.

. . .

There are so many who have heard of this happening. My late cousin was in the army bases in Germany. He told me that many men were brought back to the UK to go to hotpots of large pickets, dressed as police, without numbers.

. . .

There’s a long history of soldiers being dressed as police. We were used by the police during the troubles in Northern Ireland. We were given police uniforms to wear to back them up during any disturbance. A lot of the riots during the 90s the majority of the ones at the Drumcree protests were military.

. . .

Living in Ripon at the time, we used to see columns of Salford van hire transits leaving Deverill barracks every morning, coming back in the late evening.

. . .

I was military police for 5 yrs and know for a fact that many serving royal millitary police were on the picket lines in civil police uniforms. I’m pretty sure I could still produce photos to prove it.

I went to Salisbury recruiting office to ask their view on police privatisation. The reception was positive to start with but it quickly soured as it went up the ranks.

There are undoubtedly those within the military who despise the fairness of the traditional office of constable and would like to see it replaced with a militarised police dictatorship.

Who's pulling your strings? Who's telling you police are responsible for military action?

It was military doing the worst of the violence at Orgreave and the Beanfield.

It would be infantile to follow the prompting from the government and media to blame 'the police'.

Individuals are responsible and many were captured on camera. It's time for the most honourable of these individuals to step forward.

edit on 3 12 2016 by Kester because: tone it down

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Back in the day of Orgreave, nothing would surprise me TBQH. Thatcher had to use everything in her power to "end it" and to end it as the winner, she and the government of the time "could" never loose this one after it went on so long, the longer it went the more the tactics got (and would have) got worse. I also believe that anything like this happening in the future would get the same kind of response from any Government in charge.

Look where we, as a population, are now as compared to then ..... just about all freedoms have been stripped, Orwell was a prophet not a novelist.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Not much trust in our Police force to begin with these days considering they are generally more interested in generating revenue via there fixed penalty zero tolerance extortion bullcrap than actually out there addressing the real crimes that happen.

Fact is most of our so called officers of the law could not catch a real criminal if there life depended on it never mind ours. As is self evident with the criminal enterprises that operate unmolested in most of our city's and towns while our Police are out and about issuing parking tickets and/or fining idiots that drop litter/fag ends or allow there dog to poop without placing it in the proper receptacle.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

As much as i "love" the police, is that the fault of the PC's or the actual policy makers? Policy comes from the Chief Constable and the Home Secretary etc, you know, those higher echelons. I don't think the dilution with many PCSO's help either, no disrespect to PCSO's either but! They used to call it the thin blue line (although they never wore blue as far as i can tell) but the blue is more Turquoise or Aqua Marine

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
A guy hitchhiking saw a van pulled over with soldiers inside changing from army uniforms to police ones, right there on the side of the road.

Yep that sounds believable

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

I can remember when our Police force at least attempted to do what it says on the tin.

I can remember when Police actually used to know there arse from there elbow with respects to the general public and enforce the law with a modicum of understanding rather than the totalitarian draconian tactics employed by today's Bobby on the beat, and that was only back in the 90s.

It's all about the monies and entering the underclasses in to the system these days, as to why or whether or not the policy makers are responsible which undoubtedly "they" are, well end of the day our so called Police are helping them achieve such.

edit on 3-12-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Whether or not this story is true, would it not stand to reason that a police force who are generally unarmed would need some kind of back-up if a situation got too big? British police have armed men as well but they don't patrol, do they?

I respect Britain's method of policing but if things get too out of hand, what else are they supposed to do but bring in the army? Can't have the army walking he streets so I guess you would put them in police uniforms....

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

There have always been corrupt officers, 1962 my mother whom was malnourished, married to an abusive husband and did not even know that she had an inheritance let alone a title and property left to her in trust had her front door kicked in by a police officer and a police woman by the name of Vivian Webster Jones, this was Lancashire constabulary whom used to cover Merseyside and my mother then lived in a small council house No' 2 Alvanley Green in Kirkby merseyside.

The same police woman had been harassing her for quite some time before this and had been trying to force her to sign document's for some reason.

My mother malnourished and married to a man whom would beat her up and then go and drink all the money away weighed about 4 and half stone so she was severely malnourished but being in shock at the home invasion she kicked the leg's out from under the police woman - Viviane Webster Jones and was then carted off with no charge or reason for the attack to the nisan hut which served as a police station at the time, she was then carted off to Strangeways prison in manchester without hearing any charge or being formally arrested were she was held for several week's.

While there a Prison warderess forced her to sign a large stack of document's, she was not allowed to read them or to see what they were but there were scores of sheet's, she was told that if she did not sign her children would be taken into care and she would be kept in prison for four year's.

Later she was taken to London road court in liverpool and kept outside the courtroom, then she was taken into it and not informed of anything but merely given a bogus ruling about eating more then taken back out where she was then told to wait, some time later police officers filed out and each shook her hand and said thank you to my bewildered mother.

A few month's later my mother still non the wiser and whom had no knowledge at all of the law so had not been to a solicitor as would have been more than her right had a knock at the door and a young police officer came in, he was unlike the other's pleasant and sat down, my mother did not understand what he meant but he explained that what had been done to her was not right and many other officers were angry about it but could not do anything and he told her that the police woman had left after being given a public house on the dock road (bootle) in Liverpool.

My mother had no idea that she had a vast inheritance let alone that she had been forced to sign it away by corrupt police and judiciary.

So nothing new in that.

As for the soldiers at Orgreave, they were there, when I worked in security a former police officer whom had long retired told me that he had seen them and they did not behave like police officers but more like soldiers, they were billeted like soldiers, they acted like soldiers and they kept to themselves though they were dressed in police uniform's.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Just for info ....

I am one of the underclasses and i am on their systems including DNA profile for just being arrested, not convicted.

"Bobby on the Beat"? that's a throwback to the olden days, as far as i am aware there are no beat bobbies anymore. Our Police Force is IMO reactive rather than proactive, can't remember the last time i saw a bobby on his / her legs walking the streets, nowadays they sit in cars and await a call that requires a response or ...... they pull things over / stop people who, in their opinion, are acting suspiciously.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Yes, they do patrol however, the firearms are not visible on the body but always readily available locked away in the car awaiting "the go" from the OIC. Once the go is given the firearms are then visible on the body.

Orgreave was real but not a normal disturbance in the context of your query. It was all about "Labour withdrawal" that lasted for over a year, which was legal at the time, if interested you should look it up.

ETA: not every Patrol Car is an armed response unit
edit on 2016-12-03T08:43:23-06:002016Sat, 03 Dec 2016 08:43:23 -0600bSaturday4312America/Chicago168 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

That sounds like most Cities on the planet, apart from Saudi Arabia where they'd just rather hack you to death.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

WHY is the only question I have. I know why, but I really want THEM to say it for all to hear. I don't like games, especially ones like this played by those who have more paper and land than most people since Genghis Khan.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Yes I was told the same by a friend in the military. It was not all police at Orgreave. Even today the police are hated in those pit villages. May she rot in hell maggie the milk snatcher. It was her doing.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

"I am one of the underclasses and i am on their systems including DNA profile for just being arrested, not convicted."

Snap, preaching to the choir buddy.

Bobby on the Beat is really just me speaking figuratively, although some Police forces are indeed attempting to return to a more manageable method of community policing.

Time was Police did not need to stop and search every tom, dick or harry with notoriously draconian methods of Policing because they knew who the criminal element was, or could at least distinguish between the two.

Now days its simply an us and them mentality.
edit on 3-12-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

But it does not need to be that way, the only thing such methods of policing produce is resentment, discontent and mixed results down to the fact that the public don't respect and/or trust the Police that function in such a manner.

You catch more flies with honey rather than vinegar, something "They" seem to have forgotten.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Never happened! I was there as was the Met, West Mids, Lancs Constabulary etc etc etc

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: redchad

No doubt you will be as concerned as any of us by the multi-generational anti-police hatred directly caused by Orgreave.

This is your opportunity to help set the record straight. You have pertinent information.

The SKWAWKBOX is today issuing a request and invitation to any current or former police officers or members of the military who were present at Orgreave, particularly on but not limited to the day of the ‘Battle of Orgreave’, to contact this blog with any pertinent information.
skwawkbox.org...

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: redchad

That is rather at odd's as the former police officer whom told me and whom WAS there, Yes the MET with there despicable record of violence and aggressive arrest tactic's and whom are disliked by a great many officer's in other police forces I might add were there but this gentleman whom told me otherwise and whom was also the son of a miner WAS there as were a great many other's from many constabulary's drafted in to enforce the will of the Tyrannical government of the time and this same gentleman whom told me that there were men in police uniform billeted near the MET officers but whom behaved unlike police and in a very military fashion from the moment they got of there coach's to the moment they got back onto them (And also he overheard laughing about how they had beaten miner's), he noted that they had a regimented structure and addressed there superiors in a military fashion as well as the way they treated there billet's etc, like a great many officer's and I can not say for you he was also a long serving member of the Army himself before joining his respective constabulary.

He for one was convinced that they were military and not regular police.

So perhaps you would like to share some far more in depth detail's so that any other former police whom may choose to enter this thread and as we know a great many did not agree with the treatment of the miner's but it was there job, may like to take you up on your recollection's and compare note's so that we can see this aired more thoroughly and perhaps get a better sense of how it was on the ground for those of us whom were not there.

Perhaps we could also mention that even the majority of the Senior police officers of the time were on the take and corrupt as hell, typical as lifelong Tory's as you could expect, though not relevant directly to this let's look at that mansion they used to all meet up at from time to time, the same which a former MI5 operative told me about (yes I know people), you know the one were the police chief constable's would get paralytic with woman of suspect repute and often drive home when they could barely walk, he was disgusted as a young MI5 officer back in the 70's when he encountered that and the general public have not idea how corrupt YOUR higher up's really are do they.

edit on 4-12-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: redchad
Never happened! I was there as was the Met, West Mids, Lancs Constabulary etc etc etc

I what capacity were you there...Police, Army, Civvy, Miner, Media.....you never said.?

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I have no doubt about Thatchers government using the military to bolster the police force in those days.

The idea though that the SYC or Met police forces weren't capable of being corrupt, violent scum without an influx of squaddies is erroneous.
They were grade a bad uns back then with no help at all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join