It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The South is Burning, Who Cares?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The South is burning and the Media doesn't seem interested at all.

How many of you knew this was happening that don't live in an affected state? There have been several days here in WNC where the sky was so thick with smoke you couldn't even see the mountains on the horizon.

And to think it may have been arson...

Ravaged by months of drought, huge swaths of the southeast United States are on fire, but you wouldn’t know it judging by national media coverage.

A total of six states in the southeast (Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi) are currently suffering from “exceptional drought,” a category reserved for the most severe drought conditions, according to the National Drought Mitigation Center. The majority of land in four states (Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia) are facing “extreme drought,” the second most severe level.
thefederalist.com...

Thank the gods were getting some rain here these last couple of days.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Media has all there focus on recounts, they can't come to terms with the loss of the great white hope Billary!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Yeah, this is the first I've heard of this. Why the silence?

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
we all hate black people and women so we are subhuman.....to many in the media, incapable of having a rational difference of opinion...

so they truly do not care.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Fox has been covering it pretty good. I stepped outside the other day and it felt like a nuclear fallout area with all the smoke in the air... I'm 150 miles from Gatlinburg.

Luckily they got a pretty good storm headed there way, should get a couple inches, though I think the fires will still be goin for a couple more weeks.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Probably because it's all on private land and there is no endangered species at risk? The states don't have the budget without federal help unlike the West?
Good question.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
we here in the west care as much about it, as did those in the east cared about California burning

(post by TinfoilTP removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Yep, I knew about it OP. I've been watching it pretty closely for the exact same reason you've decided to post about it here. To see where people's priorities lie. A real human interest story like this one will become buried, while the icons of self-indulgence get even more unnecessary press.

It's sad.

+43 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
we here in the west care as much about it, as did those in the east cared about California burning

You mean like me and my ex-brother-in-law flying to California him as an EMT and myself as Search and Rescue, all the way from NY? I assume you mean like that - you must.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Wide-Eyes

Wish I knew.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Woah. That video is absolutely terrifying.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention-- I don't watch or read news of any sort these days, so ATS is my main news source.

I was just in Gatlinburg a month ago, too. How awful for all who have lost everything.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
TinfoilTP

Please tell me you're not serious.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
zosimov

Yup.

Gatlinburg is right over the mountains from me less than an hour.

Recognize this?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I live in North Carolina. Used to live in Boone..

the mountains are so beautiful it just makes me sad to think some of the areas will be just burned to the ground..

So I saw a bit about this maybe a week ago and I just can't bear to watch..

sorry

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I first heard about it here on ATS.

That video should make headline news.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Pretty widely covered here in Mich...and I got a cousin in Tenn Im checking on now...

I think with all the wildfires and mudslides, earthquakes etc out California/North West way? To us not affected, it just doesnt attract the same attention when you hear it over and over....same stories, houses burned, wildfire outta control...
"These and more stories after these words from Chapstick!"....

Sadly...we've become jaded, and the news media redundant and unaffected by these events as unimportant, and just more "fires".

Sad...but we're thinking and praying for them all.......

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ive seen this on almost every news broadcast.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Actually one of the areas this is happening in the
Great Smokey Mountains National Park
which has many endangered and threatened animals and plants.

www.nps.gov...

It is also adjacent to the Cherokee Indian Reservation. Shouldn't Elizabeth Warren be worried about her people there?!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Actually this has been covered by all the major news outlets. Where have you been? LMAO

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join