It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The South is Burning, Who Cares?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Wow, I'm in Louisiana and I haven't even heard of this.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

I live in North Carolina. Used to live in Boone..

the mountains are so beautiful it just makes me sad to think some of the areas will be just burned to the ground..

So I saw a bit about this maybe a week ago and I just can't bear to watch..

sorry

Actually don't be TOO sad. A lot of wildlife and fauna re-emergence comes from the chaos of wildfires. In the short-term its hard to see the benefits...but one need only to look to places like Mount Saint Helens and even to a degree, Chernobyl to see some benefits of disaster.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: jimmyx
we here in the west care as much about it, as did those in the east cared about California burning

You mean like me and my ex-brother-in-law flying to California him as an EMT and myself as Search and Rescue, all the way from NY? I assume you mean like that - you must.

California firefighters also do the same thing in other states, and if what you say is true, I thank you personally. what I'm saying is that when the s**t hits the fan back east, all hands on deck, terrorists are to blame, or in fellow member tinfoilTP opinion, it's left-wing arsonists prompted by Obama...in comparison when hundreds of homes burn out west, it's just another fire season

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I first heard about this only yesterday.

Of course, it took days for Obama to comment on the OSU jihadist attack, and when he did it was only to defend Muslims. No wonder a major wildfire in the South doesn't ping his radar.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

May have been arson? Do you mean the Russians did it? OMG!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

we here in the west care as much about it, as did those in the east cared about California burning

Smarty, you probably should have done about 4 seconds of research before you made your comment. The three networks that constantly cover the West Coast wildfires are all in New York.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Man, sure do.

What a tragedy. Stay safe.
edit on 30-11-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

You mean like me and my ex-brother-in-law flying to California him as an EMT and myself as Search and Rescue, all the way from NY? I assume you mean like that - you must.

California firefighters also do the same thing in other states, and if what you say is true, I thank you personally. what I'm saying is that when the s**t hits the fan back east, all hands on deck, terrorists are to blame, or in fellow member tinfoilTP opinion, it's left-wing arsonists prompted by Obama...in comparison when hundreds of homes burn out west, it's just another fire season

I think because California tends to have SO MANY wildfires, people become numb to even the reporting of them. The east coast tends to be more of a cement jungle so attacks where buildings are blown apart or felled tends to be big news. I think if buildings being blown apart were as prevalent as wildfires in California, then the same phenomenon would likely occur : "Oh, another downed building in NY....moving along" type thing.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
How many of you knew this was happening that don't live in an affected state? There have been several days here in WNC where the sky was so thick with smoke you couldn't even see the mountains on the horizon.

Me! I knew about it! Read about it yesterday. Though I was surprised to hear about it being possibly arson. That was new.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Salander

No and I certainly wish you politically blinded folks would refrain from inserting your misguided political propaganda where it does not belong.

There is nothing definitive regarding the arson aspect, just some people of interest.

Anyone that starts fires like this is a psychopath and I just don't see politics as a motivator

My reason for posting this was to generate awareness not demonize your political rivals, dig?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

My, you are thin-skinned. Sorry, I was just joking. Arson or not, it's a tragedy. Today's rain should put them out.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I just checked the radar and it looks like a wide swath of showers and thunderstorms moved across Tennessee this morning. Did they help reduce the coverage and intensity of the fires? I hope so!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
My family's vacation home is just below Ober Gatlinburg on South Baden Drive. My brother in law and I have been trying to find out if it is still standing for three days. We were going down for Xmas but I guess that means going to Kentucky in stead.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Salander

No and I certainly wish you politically blinded folks would refrain from inserting your misguided political propaganda where it does not belong.

There is nothing definitive regarding the arson aspect, just some people of interest.

Anyone that starts fires like this is a psychopath and I just don't see politics as a motivator

My reason for posting this was to generate awareness not demonize your political rivals, dig?

I just watched that video... I don't know how they were able to stand it that long. I've had my pump truck (when I was fracking in the oilfield) parked 100' from a gas burnoff and the heat was so intense it bubbled the paint on my tractor. My town is still currently under a burn ban even though we got a couple of inches of rain Monday. We're expecting around 4 or more over the next 3 or 4 days so I'm hoping it gets us out of the ban.

I felt for the guys and their dog, they got so far in that it was too late to turn back.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Salander
I've been breathing smoke for nearly three weeks. One of my favorite hiking destinations (Wayah Bald Tower) has burned to the ground, certainly you shall forgive my not finding humor in this situation.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
carewemust

Oh it helps, every single sprinkle of rain helps.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
People are die ing and losing everything in this fire, yet some think it's funny and making political points.

ATS is being populated by nothing but trolls.

WTF....

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

carewemust

Oh it helps, every single sprinkle of rain helps.

Keep us updated if you can. Wildfires on the East Coast are unexpected... Stay on your toes, stay alert, and stay safe. That # can take your life in a matter of seconds with one wrong move. The guys in the video looked like they were driving through an apocalypse.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

TinfoilTP

Please tell me you're not serious.

As serious as an Obama comment of how someone could be his son to stoke the fires of violence.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I make fun because if I dont I will lose my mind, I have people I have known for 30+ years in the path of some of these fires, I know very well what is happening and once again it is dismissed by the main stream media....

I have inlaws that lost a lot in the flooding in louisiana also that received little to no coverage.

The national media has become a political arm of the left, and they have forgotten how to report the news that is important, to the american people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join