It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seismographs detect strange disturbance all across North America?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

No, that has a very specific signature. If that were to be the case, news stations would be all over it.

I went and looked at the plots he mentioned in the video, here are my (uneducated) thoughts and observations:

First is Colorado:

The event he is concerned about takes place a little after 16:30 UTC. The signature is notable and is indicative of a type of event. Alas I don't recall if it is telemetry error or fluid movement. Hoping for the post in Quake watch to bring over someone more knowledgeable, muzzy is in New Zealand though, and likely asleep; there are others who would know and may get the message soon.

No, this is New Mexico:

Note that the event in this graph took place an hour later and so from my persepctive is not the same event if it were a seismic anomaly.

Here is the on in Texas he had no clue about but included anyway:

The squirrely readings on this graph don't begin until after 20:00 UTC, which again to me says it is not the same even as measured in Colorado. I actually don't live too far away from this particular seismograph (relatively speaking for Texas, it's still over an hour's drive) and can tell you nothing weird happened here.

Now, here is a graph in Nevada:

No strange signatures despite its proximity to two of the graphs listed in this post that are close to this instrument.

I'm going with telemetry error and a YouTube video poster who has no clue what he's talking about.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I find your use of 'tard' offensive and backwards. It indicates a small mind

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I'm going with telemetry error and a YouTube video poster who has no clue what he's talking about.

Certainly not "all across America" as Tuber is claiming.

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

In the context of the thread and this site, 'quaketard,' is a term of endearment for the regular posters hereabouts who's main focus is on earthquakes. They've taken the term as their own and do not feel the least bit slighted by the descriptor. I do believe it was Puterman who coined the term, or if not then he accepted it as a moniker and it was then added to the lexicon.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'd be glad to learn this nothing. Got stuff to do and all.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Ok I'm just going to put this out there because...why not!

I had a dream on Monday night/Tuesday morning. In that dream I remember a huge earthquake, one that registered at over a 9.0. I think it was like a 9.2 or something. I can't recall where this occurred but I remember feeling it and being so scared. So my assumption is that it had to be close to the Midwest here.

I had a dream a year or two ago about an earthquake and oddly enough it came true. I don't have these type of dreams and it's likely just a pure coincidence but just wanted to throw it out there.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Correctamundo.

See? You don't need no quaketard! You've become one yourself all these years of hanging out here.

Just a look at those plots and it is obvious to me it is telemetry error, but I look at these things constantly. I'm not going to even bother getting out the spectro to confirm.

I'd highly advise unflagging this thread peoples, so it gets off the front page and stops making us look like retards and a "fake news" site. We have enough of that already around here. Just my opinion though, do as you will. And sorry loam.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

See? You don't need no quaketard! You've become one yourself all these years of hanging out here.

Oh, I'm barely a dabbler compared to yourself and others. I just happened to have a decent recall for things technical and this bit stuck.

I figured if any seismic event of note were actually occurring and had not been made mention of in the news, you would be here with a thread indicating that there was something worthy of notice for us to be concerned over. That's one of the big things that brought me to this site those years ago and had me lurking for a number of years prior to joining.

I'm plenty grateful for the (unpaid) service you provide to this site and those of us who have an interest in matters seismic.

Thank you ever so much for the post and vote of confidence.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Why are you apologizing?

I was waiting for you to come on.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Oh, just cause of asking for flag removal to get it off the front page. I don't like to do that, but it's just a little helpful trying to keep the quality up here (an impossible task, I know). But hey peoples, get an opinion from PuterMan or Muzzy too if you like.

Very easy to remember folks: If it's seismic, it will show up on more than one station at once, almost always. If you are in doubt, find a close station, say within 100 km if possible, and see if you see a similar signature. Volcanic networks can be more complicated in some cases (especially where they are sparsely populated), but for the most part, this is accurate.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

The graphs have moved on since then so I can't see the issue any more.
Looking at the screenshots you took, the starts are not consistant
Colorado ANMO 16:32
New Mexico ISCO 17:30
Texas HKT 20:25
The big wiggly lines are definitely consistant with telemetry error.
Often when this happens the seismograph plays up for 24 hours, or even more in some previous cases.

I'd tend to agree with your analysis

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Ah.

The flip side is people don't see it's been appropriately explained. This isn't the only place this is being discussed.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well I think we are overthinking this a little.

Siesmonology is a field that is forever growing upon itself, it keeps adding more and more instruments all over the place to detect and gather information.
Now just good for thought. We are all well aware that the earths 'top' layer moves on plates rubbing and grinding one another.
Maybe we have simply just placed so many fine turned instruments in so many places we are now able to detect event the smallest movement of the earths crust itself.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This just my 2 cents. We just had a "super moon" last month. It was the closest it has been in some 60 years and it does have a huge effect on tidal movement. I am suggesting that with this movement the physical effect on the geology would be significant. The earth is a dynamic world and is constantly moving and shifting.

I seriously doubt that man made activities like fraking would cause large seismic activity. Man is too arrogant when he thinks his efforts can make a difference to the outcome of where the earth is headed. The earth will be here long after man has destroyed itself.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If I had to guess (and I do😉) I'm putting my money on this being related to the polar shift that has been slowly occuring over the last decade or so. And I'm probably very wrong lol!
edit on 30-11-2016 by 191stMIDET because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There was a 3.5 M earthquake off of Oregon where the Juan de Fuca plate is subducting beneath the North American plate. The big fear is, since it is sticky movement (stop and go), that it would link up with the Cascadia fault creating an earthquake like that which happened off of Japan in 2011. The problem is this happened on November 2.

What is scary is that the Oregon graph was all over the place but there are no reported quakes (google: "us earthquake map" to see current earthquake with magnitudes). Last ones reported were two days ago and relatively small. So that make me wonder what is going on. Seems to have the Pacific NW heavily but was also reported in Maine. Colorado seemed to ring like a bell. Maybe "it came from space"? Like a gravity wave? Pure speculation on my part.

And this is not the first time it happened or been reported on ATS, from 2011: Heliplots seem to be going wild. Someone interpret what I'm seeing?.

Loam, thanks for sharing this! S+F.

Very strange. I'll leave it up to geologists that are more learned than I to provide a better explanation.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Yes if you follow the JMA/NIED data from Japan they are so sensitive that they have negative magnitudes which would be equal to someone slamming a door shut.
But these IRIS graphs are set to a higher level.
this sentence from the home page may explain the whole thing

...state-of-the-art seismological and geophysical sensors connected by a telecommunications network
(underline is mine)
earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 1100000033433416 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
So the areas weren't even geographically close? Wow, makes you wonder what is rumbling down in our core.

Trump Effect. No doubt!

edit on 30-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
My best guess at an out there but maybe plausible explanation would be that was the moon just stepping out of the end of the Supermoon apex and in just a position for the moon to magnify the electric universe's effect on our planets core magnetic alignment. Almost like it was getting ready to flip the pole reversal switch but there was too much magnetic eddy current in the mantle to allow the core to flip. Just thinking out loud here and not on my first cup of coffee either.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Nahhhhh, it just shows god's displeasure wirh your presidential candidate/LGBT issues/religious issues/..... fill in the blanks

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join