It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ya know, some of you really get to me.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Genital bacon.

Great. I just became gay.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Thanks for posting this. It has been absolutely annoying, and has been going on for quite some time. I am not even right wing, and these people have gone so far off the deep end that it is becoming unbearable. It is always the same 10 or so people too.

It just continues to cement the downfall of their ideology at this point. They have already lost, and they are not getting any fresh blood into their movement with the current behavior.

They will all be here soon to tell you what a piece of trash you are I am sure.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I'm annoyed that ATS is spammed with conservatives wacky conspiracy theories.

Uhm. ATS was founded on discussions regarding "wacky conspiracy theories". They're the site's bread and butter.

Please don't tell me you've posted here nearly 14,000 times and never noticed that.

Or do you and your ilk operate here in the hopes that you'll shut down such discussions and turn the site into just another political trash heap?

In which case I'd have to congratulate you on the bang-up job you're doing.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

There are a lot of good people.

There are a lot of people with hidden agendas....

For the last year, there was an ATS poster who thrived on defending Clinton in the numerous Hillary threads.....posted hours after hours. Hundreds and hundreds of posts.

Hasn't posted a single post since the election under the account they used to troll the forums, they switched back to their alternate ATS account and now post under a different older account they have.

edit on R022016-11-28T09:02:25-06:00k0211Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R032016-11-28T09:03:15-06:00k0311Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: kurthall

Lol! I can't tell if your serious or trolling, but it sounds about as legit as all the other "I was attacked by a Trump supporter" stories going around.

You can feel free to look at my post Here on ATS! The jerk who attacked me personally, his post is right there too....so no you are wrong, its all right here on ATS! Man people really? It is all right here!!!!!!!!!!

Trumpitiers, should look up just how ignorant, some of their posts are!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: CulturalResilience

so you've never used the word libtard or snowflake?

pretty self-righteous if you have.

I have, but I am capable of presenting a logical argument without doing so. That was my point.

yes YOU may be and I salute you for that, but you can go all over ATS, Facebook, hell any site and see rampant, numerous demonstrations of conservatives doing exactly what you claimed liberals do with the name-calling, supportless, anti-intellect, non-debate belligerence. It's everywhere.

Thing is I KNOW that some liberals do this. Don't forget it is always the loud ones that make the big impact. Plenty of liberals I know are quite talented with thoughtful and meaningful debate. Plenty of conservatives are just as talented. But for every liberal who acts the fool and refuses to debate, I can point out a conservative who does the same

so why....after all this time is this what we are deadlocked with? This constant BS about "your side does this" while ignoring the other? The irony is you say...

As was just demonstrated the modern liberals cannot or do not enter into debates. They use insults and shout down and demean those who dare to not participate in their groupthink because they have no logical argument for their worldview.

That's your whole initial contribution. A broad, generic statement that you applied on all "modern liberals."

and your next response

Thank you for helping to reinforce my point.

again...nothing of substance when I think you could see, with open eyes, how rampant the exact problem is with conservatives on this site alone.

The evidence you see needs to be expanded and you'll find the real truth is that at our core, humanity is generally a lot dumber than we think we are.....all sides

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
I don't know, I'm watching this from far away.... I am watching through social media, through these forums...
I can't, for the life of me, see how you pinned down the nasty behavior on only one side!!!

I can't seem to see any difference between them- they are both acting insane- hostile, childish, offensive, and unreasonable.

If something goes far enough to an extreme, it reaches the other side, and they become the same.
Well. There you are.

I think this is exactly the statement needed

I have disagreed with a lot of what Blues has said....but I find this to be refreshing and open and honest....

same with DBCowboy who I also frequently disagree with....supported the Pence theater speech...

well done

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

I'm annoyed that ATS is spammed with conservatives wacky conspiracy theories.

Uhm. ATS was founded on discussions regarding "wacky conspiracy theories". They're the site's bread and butter.

Please don't tell me you've posted here nearly 14,000 times and never noticed that.

Or do you and your ilk operate here in the hopes that you'll shut down such discussions and turn the site into just another political trash heap?

In which case I'd have to congratulate you on the bang-up job you're doing.

ATS has a motto, a motto which is ignored and pushed aside all in the name of conspiracy? I'm all for discussing real conspiracies, ones that hold water and are based on facts and reality but the Right Wing clearly doesn't care about facts and doesn't bother to fact check. Their own dear leader even admits he doesn't have time to fact check after being questioned about retweeting white supremacists.

Posting and supporting lies because it suits your political agenda is not what ATS is about but many people are changing that and that's not good for ATS.

Funny you blame me and my ilk, I guess Liberals, because this site is spammed daily with the same conservative ATS'ers posting literal propaganda to support their political agendas. I guess the rest of us, the ilk, are the only ones keeping this place from becoming more of an echo chamber than it already is for the alt right.
edit on 28-11-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Aww, are you triggered that ATS isn't an safe space or echo chamber for the right wing?

Rub some cream on your sore ass.
No, I think he's triggered that several members of ATS are turning the forums into a thoughtless, emotion-based gladiator arena as opposed to the rational debate community that is used to be where members really get to the meat of the topic and figure things out.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I guess the rest of us, the ilk, are the only ones keeping this place from becoming more of an echo chamber than it already is for the alt right.

Ah. Your new pet derogatory label for people who don't agree with you makes its predictable appearance--a label which you will proceed to drive into irrelevance through overuse and misapplication.

You're not protecting ATS from anything. You're not "defenders of the motto". Don't flatter yourselves.

Your sociopolitical ideology is so steeped in ignorance that the very suggestion that you're providing a counter-balance against it makes me want to puke. Anything--anything--that is brought up on this site which casts elements of that ideology (or purveyors of it) in a negative light is immediately spammed into forum oblivion by you guys. You specialize in destroying public discourse and silencing your opposition at every perceived opportunity through deflection and ad hominem attack.

That is the very pinnacle of ignorance, and exactly what the OP is talking about.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
spam removed by staff
edit on 11/28/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Why do we have label everything. Can't someone have an opinion without it being some left-wing, right-wing, conservative, liberal agenda?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Aww, are you triggered that ATS isn't an safe space or echo chamber for the right wing?

What's jimmy rustling about this, is the fact that trigger warnings and safe spaces are both inventions of leftists. You use these things un-ironically, and then you use them as insults against others simultaneously (that's called cognitive dissonance).

AboveTopSecret isn't a safe space. You are not going to get banned for disagreeing with someone. The staff here does not coddle members. They don't give us Play-doh to play with and coloring books to draw in when we're confronted by people with contradictory opinions to our own.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I'm not in any group. Not right, left, a libtard not democrap not repukincon or whatever else some have been tagged with or admit to being.

I am of the mindset that I like to help people. Period. I will give the shirt off My back to help one in need, and have before. When I had some inheritance fall into my lap, We spent some on Ourselves here, and I handed out many 20's some 50' and 100 dollar bills to those in need. I had been helped in the past when I needed it, and I gave back to those in need.

All the tagging /naming of groups is, in My mind, just ways to divide us.
We all live on this spinning ball of rock together.
for cryin out loud one day everyone will see that, and We can all just get along.

Just some thoughts on all the ridiculousness We call society in the 'civilized' world... Syx...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I think there is a whole lot of people on ats who like to put down others with their intellectual superiority , they also just go into threads and attack others to the point where the Admins have no choice but to shut it down.

I've seen it happen here on ATS since I joined and nothing has ever changed.

I remember it was right after 9/11 and we were all discussing everything and then the schills came and they did just that , shut down any topic of discussion they didnt agree with by violating the t&c's to stop discussion if the thread was getting to a truth!

it happening also with the pizzagate threads and probably with a whole load more threads.

So much ego in ATS people always attacking each other rather than the opinions , our opinions are in a constant flux and do not represent us as human beings.

Thoughts are fleeting and like falling petals into a river once they hit the water they dissapear under the current of change

Dont let others get to you , its not good to sit and dwell on the negativity of others , perceived or real.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

I'm not so sure this is a reasonable characterization. I've lost count of the times I've argued from a liberal position and provided references only to be told that none of my references count because they are in some way "mainstream". That's very convenient but not exactly honest. My "mainstream" source is drastically more accountable and verifiable than the alternatives with which I am so frequently presented, which are often sites that utilize the "triple echo" to signify Jews. So here is not a conflict between a person with no facts and a person with lots of facts on their side. Here is someone who uses more conventional citations arguing with someone who thinks it's reasonable to argue that if a story was run in Reuters and AP it cannot be trusted, but if it appeared on "The Right Stuff" it's pure gold.

I think it's much more accurate to say that ATS is overwhelmingly populated with right wingers of various stripes, some of whom are incredibly reasonable and intelligent people, some of whom are very smart and hold some ideas that I'd call rather extreme (but common to younger folk, like extreme forms of libertarianism), and some of whom advocate for fascism.

So too is there a spectrum of liberal thinkers contributing here, though I think we are a comparably tiny minority.
edit on 30-11-2016 by JohnnyElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Rub some cream on your sore ass.

Oh look. The tolerant open minded free thinker is here to shed wisdom from that fountain of knowledge. Please. Spread that kindness on the open sore of hatred to help seal it up and scab over.
Or not. Continue to divide and snippost like you always do.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join