It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My rant on Fake News

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Self-proclaimed intellectuals are accusing fake news of manipulating conservatives.

The president is accusing fake news of manipulating elections.

Media moguls are threatening to censor fake news.

The main steam media, the originators of fake news, are laughing at everyone.

On a scale from ebola to facial herpes, the main stream media ranks lower than rectal-projectile-vomiting.

They are pushing for censorship and . . . believe it or not. . .they are getting quite a few people to help them do it.

We have a choice.

Do we embrace freedom, all freedom (the truth, the crazy, the fantasy) or do we do as the media and their willing accomplices want and introduce censorship?

Do me a favor people.

Before you endorse or embrace censorship under any guise. . . use your god damned mind and think.

If (after thinking) you still want censorship, then go suck door knobs you pathetic cowardly losers. I don't even want to acknowledge your weak and pathetic existence you puling, whiny, weak, simpletons.

If, on the other hand, you actually consider freedom, free expression, free speech, actual freedom, then I will consider you an ally and will always have your six.

This is a rant. Don't get anal and content-check me. It will annoy me and I will verbally beat you.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Agreed. Most it seem do not understand what freedom of speech really means. Freedom of speech protects the speech you do NOT like. What you say may not be acceptable to someone else. So before anyone advocates censorship, they must think deeply, and ask themselves if they would be OK with someone censoring what they have to say. Would you protest? If so, then you do not really advocate censorship.

edit on 11/26/2016 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Media moguls are threatening to censor fake news.

I would prefer they censor the spin.
Example.
A pic taken of a Presidential nominee with a knife and a cucumber would be spun as they have murder and sex on their minds instead of just saying.....Presidential nominee makes a salad.

I get what you are saying DBCowboy...I am ranting too.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree, old media is slowing passing, still dangerous, but circling the drain.

We are the new media, de-centralized free and not paid to write anything and we scan thousands of stories a day.

We determine what fake news is, we don't need to be spoon fed.

I hope we can all let everyone loose to believe what they like and while we may not agree we are civil.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I applaud and agree with everything in your rant DC!

This notion that people are not capable of going over information and coming to their own conclusions is a smack in the face of every one of us.

People are being groomed to accept without question whatever the "authorities" have to say about any issue. The last screams of a dying paradigm.

We are waking up enmasse and as they try and clamp down, they simply add fuel to the fire.

S&F

edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130pmSaturday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

We let the individual determine what is true or false on his own accord. Censorship has a longer and bloodier history than "fake news" ever will.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Thanks everyone.

I figured to be slammed by now.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I hope we can all let everyone loose to believe what they like and while we may not agree we are civil.
Nice sentiment. Now, do you consider many of the statement's by our OP to be civil?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Fake news won't go away, in an era where revenue is tied to how many clicks you generate, why would you care about getting things right or reporting the truth when you can say the most flashy thing that will get you more clicks, if you care about your image you can clarify things latter if you like but nobody will take your clicks away.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: seasonal

Nice sentiment. Now, do you consider many of the statement's by our OP to be civil?

Hope not.

I was going for "dickish".

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Mission accomplished

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Actually, I hope I offended the crap out of people.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I guess you should be censored then? After all, your speech offended someone. We can't have that in the land of the free, now can we??? /sarc

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Mission accomplished

Speaking of fake news...lol

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

You are so naturally Dickish that nobody gets offended anymore

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Freedom to express an opinion isn't always pretty or "sanitized for your protection".

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

You are so naturally Dickish that nobody gets offended anymore

I hope not, you'd be running out of safe spaces by now.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Really??? That is not what a certain political party wants you to hear. Even that skin you were born with could be considered offensive or violent...so, we need to censor that in some way now?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

If you side with freedom, you'll never be in the wrong.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Lol, look how hard they are trying to not comment.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join