It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My rant on Fake News

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The so-called group of experts the WaPer article cited exclusively (without even knowing who any of them are really, I might add) called for the FBI to investigate the so-called "fake" news sites. Are you ready to have the FBI potentially knock at your door to determine if you're a Russian shill or not?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Somewhere, Joe McCarthy is having the last laugh.

Would that be because the protege of his Witchfinder General has been elected?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

When one cannot think for themselves, then allowing someone else to decide what they see and hear is preferred for them. The problem is, it is not an "opt in" system being proposed here. If it was, I would be for it. But when it includes me, with no way to opt out, you can stick it !!!

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

And still better than Hillary

The Russian monkey with weaponize'd diarrhea is better than Hillary.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Now, I don't care who you are, THAT is funny tight there...

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Who cares what the folks at some random website cited by a Washington Post writer called for the FBI to do? We're all supposed to run around like morons with our hair on fire over that?

You'll have to excuse me if I'm a little more concerned with what the guy who will be the FBI director's boss has done, has said he would like to do and what he will promote.

Nah, you're right. Better to worry about what random folks on a website with no power are blathering about.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

It's the weak-willed who will advocate for censorship.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

None weaker that someone that attacks comedy

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

A good number of Donald Trump supporters are friggin delusional. I'm talking about the folks that cheered on a man who has sued comedians for telling jokes. An illiberal lout who has sued architecture columnists for their critiques. An odious buffoon who has sued authors for their opinions.

How else is he going to make his reputation great again?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

None weaker that someone that attacks comedy

If that's an attack on Trump, carry on. Unlike the Hillary Obeyers (Ho's) I don't think criticism should be censored either.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
But for the record, this fake news bs is complete bs.

Can we start a fire and burn this fake news bs? The left is so butthurt they are becoming very attracted and attached to anything that makes the right look bad (even if fiction) like a freshly rejected ex-girlfriend desperate to sleep with the next guy that walks in the bar, not because she wants to but because shes trying to make her ex jealous, or she'll try the bi-sexual route because she cant possibly understand why no one wants her.

I mean this sh!t is comical!

Read! TheInt ercept (actual journalism)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Fake news is a strawman to take away focus of the blatant lies and damned lies of the main stream media.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: ketsuko
Somewhere, Joe McCarthy is having the last laugh.

Would that be because the protege of his Witchfinder General has been elected?

Source that Trump is a protege of McCarthy ?
Put up or shut up time , again

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Quick question.

How many times have people on this very site authored threads appealing for censorship of you? Claimed you were a paid political operative who was "ruining the site" with your opinions and called for the site operators to do something about you?

The rest of this isn't directed at you personally but since it relates to the above and this is a rant thread, I'll add my own mini-rant:

Where was all this professed concern over censorship when those threads were piling on flags from the butthurt weak-minded people triggered by my words?

Strange that I don't remember seeing very many among you (an uncomfortable few) speaking up on my behalf and I've been right here posting alongside many of you for for years. I have a hard time taking too seriously anxiety over the specter of the loss of liberty from among a group (yes, I'm generalizing) who can't even be bothered to post in defense of the speech of their peers when that speech conflicts with their fawning over a friggin billionaire con man turned politician.

It's strange how this consternation only arises among would be lovers of liberty when it bolsters their deluded self-victimization.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Silence (for a while) was all the support your cancerous threads deserved, I guess not attacking you does not count as supporting your freedom for you.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I've seen too many advocate for censorship.

And criticism is just another form of free speech. Just because you say something doesn't protect you from criticism.

How far will you advocate for censorship? What censorship is okay for you?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I actually said protege of McCarthy's Witchfinder General and since I don't make a habit of talking out of my ass, I'll be more than happy to back up that statement.

His name was Roy Cohn. He was Donald Trump's mentor, confidant, friend, bulldog, lawyer for thirteen years and his conduit to the elite Manhattan circles.

Earlier in his life, he was McCarthy's right hand man. Perhaps you've heard of him? He was after all once a household name.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The only MSM site I have seen calling foul on this crap is the Washington Times. I found this Op-ed today.

Using fake news against opposing views
Liberals just can’t abide competing points of view
By Kelly Riddell - The Washington Times - Thursday, November 24, 2016

www.washingtontimes.com...

Is there still just one credible MSN site left here? Maybe!

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I don't like your tone Mr.

We have ways of dealing with unpopular opinions around here.

Quick question.

How many times have people on this very site authored threads appealing for censorship of you? Claimed you were a paid political operative who was "ruining the site" with your opinions and called for the site operators to do something about you?

The rest of this isn't directed at you personally but since it relates to the above and this is a rant thread, I'll add my own mini-rant:

Where was all this professed concern over censorship when those threads were piling on flags from the butthurt weak-minded people triggered by my words?

Strange that I don't remember seeing very many among you (an uncomfortable few) speaking up on my behalf and I've been right here posting alongside many of you for for years. I have a hard time taking too seriously anxiety over the specter of the loss of liberty from among a group (yes, I'm generalizing) who can't even be bothered to post in defense of the speech of their peers when that speech conflicts with their fawning over a friggin billionaire con man turned politician.

It's strange how this consternation only arises among would be lovers of liberty when it bolsters their deluded self-victimization.

Sorry, I can't help myself sometimes.

You make some good points, but come off like you have a permanently jammed Sequoioideae in your you-know-what. Hopefully, all this unavoidable censorship will force people to go outside and throw a Frisbee around or have more intercourse with their spouses.

Anyway, try to have an unobstructed day.

edit on 27-11-2016 by eisegesis because: spelling errors remind me that I'm still free to make them

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

And criticism is just another form of free speech. Just because you say something doesn't protect you from criticism.

Have I ever said otherwise? Ever? No. In fact, I've said the same thing time and time again.

As for criticism:

It's ironic to me that you're the one with "If I have not offended you yet please be patient I will get to you shortly." in your sig but I'm the one who has people calling my posts "cancerous." How often am I the lone poster or one of a very few voicing contrary opinion in these Trumpian circle jerks?

You ought to know by now that I don't concern myself with criticism.

How far will you advocate for censorship? What censorship is okay for you?

I don't advocate for censorship at all and if you ever come up with something that isn't the product of your fevered imagination and a need to justify your sense of being a victim, I'll be right there beside you speaking out against it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join