It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miniantibodies (Nanobodies) Reduce Inflammation and Pain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Researchers in Europe say a new type of biological molecule called nanobodies, or miniantibodies, can block inflammation and reduce pain in mice — a technique they describe as a next-generation strategy against inflammatory diseases.

This could definitely be a future option rivaling that of modern medication to help people with chronic inflammatory diseases.

The research team also tested these nanobodies in a sample of human blood. The team members found that the nanobodies were 1,000 times more potent in hindering the release of inflammatory molecules than similar, small-molecule drug candidates.

Quite effective as well.

In experiments that were performed on mice with kidney inflammation and an itchy skin condition called allergic contact dermatitis, injections of one type of nanobody reduced inflammation and relieved such disease symptoms as pain with no apparent side effects. Koch-Nolte's group then tested a similar nanobody in a sample of human blood with immune cells. The nanobody blocked P2X7 at a rate that was 1,000 times more effective than current drugs that target P2X7.

No side effects!

I think this news could be game changing. Though idk how people will respond to being injected with nanobodies. But on the positive side it's 1000 times more effective with no "apparent" side effects. Could be our future and possibly more like this coming out.

Here is the link --> www.livescience.com...

edit on 26-11-2016 by standstrongtogether because: messed link up

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: standstrongtogether

Great news!

I would think this could be huge for those who suffer with fibromyalgia as well.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Inflammation is vital to our immune system. I would be quite concerned about the long term effects of injecting engineered antibodies into your body.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: zardust

Inflammation is vital to our immune system. I would be quite concerned about the long term effects of injecting engineered antibodies into your body.

This will be a godsend to those who suffer from extreme cases of eczema.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Until it creates a suppressed immune system. Hopefully not but I'd be quite wary of this until long term studies are done. Hopefully it really is without side effects, it would be amazing. Seeing it's a man made product it makes me cautious.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: zardust

As far as I can tell they are nanobodies and they can control the amount. Basically this treatment is for people that suffer chronic conditions not as a replacement for ibuprofen.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Yes it will be wonderful for people of all kinds of chronic inflammation.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: zardust
As far as i can tell side effects in medication (antibodies) are cause by the pills doing more than its job. These nanobodies are just smaller antibodies. Also they seem to be able to make them were they only do that one job hence no side effects.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Smaller antibodies that are artificially manufactured which means there is a chance for the body to view it as a foreign invader and attack it. Or for them to have effects we have no clue about. Don't let them fool you they don't know shyte about the workings of the body. We are on a kindergarten level of understanding the body. Yes more than yesterday but far from really understanding. We are like a guy who just had sex for the first time giving advice to a virgin.

top topics

join