It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect Experiencers: How's Your Memory?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

I'll be looking for your thread and am interested in your thoughts and theories.

This I can grasp.

The Law of Attraction is based around the same philosophy, we set intention towards the reality we want to be in.

"That which is like, unto itself...is drawn"

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
OP, since you seem to be genuinely interested in this topic, I'll just repeat what I said a long time ago, in a wildly popular thread about New Zealand or Australia having "changed" its position, when I quoted the astute observation of a good friend of mine who had a blog dedicated to these phenomena: what people don't seem to realize is that they remember their reactions (thoughts, emotions, mental associations) to any given information - not the information itself. (She explained this in detail, with good examples, but this is the gist of it.)
So, your memory can be just fine and you can certainly be functional - but often what you remember so well is your mental associations in reaction to any piece of news, not the news itself.

But then, most of those who peddle the term "Mandela effect" don't seem to really appreciate the truth.
Not entertaining enough, I suppose.

edit on 26-11-2016 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
when " experiences " of the mandela delusion classify ANY instance wherein thier personal memory conflicts with reality as an alledged " mandela effect " - then any discussion about the faliability of thier memory is moot - they have moved the goal posts

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColinForReal
Well.....Im not sure....but I could have sworn Katt Williams drama all happened like last year. And my memory is sharp. But it all happened 4 years ago and I know that isnt right

Its very upsetting

Actually he has been in the news pretty steadily for the past fee years or so. Him fighting with a teenager was this year. Back in May or June I believe. That's the one that sticks out the most to me.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The mind plays tricks on people all the time. That's a fact.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that all people who claim have experienced the ME all have

- great memory
- always remember things others forget
- high IQ
- are the person people come to when they need to recall something

Etc....

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Forgot special in how they perceive reality, the ability to sense change, and extra sensitive perception.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Maybe ME is the byproduct from the stress in keeping up with pop culture. Being the first to see the new realease of Star Wars. Camping out to establish first in line rights for Black Friday sales. 14 hour Binge marathon of the walking dead. Which actor played which Batman. Which version of Star Wars do you own. Throw in some fan fiction and parodies. If that actor is married or divorced again. The likes on facebook and YouTube. Famous person gossip. Upgrading your apple device with ever new release. Leasing a new car every three years. Never missing the opportunity for another selfie. Is it the 2016 version of ghostbusters or the original? Is it NCIS Miami, New York, or Les vagas. O hell, which version of law and order am I watching again? Does dementia run in my family.

Like oh my gawd, it never ends. Still have the fashion and music world.....

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

yeah except it's not that experiencers of the Mandela effect remember things differently, they all remember it the same but differently from what current evidence would suggest

jaden

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join