It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Has Attended Only Two Intelligence Briefings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Bush W?

That was because of the recount in Florida.

You are omitting important details. Details that matter.
edit on 24-11-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Bush W?

That was because of the recount in Florida.

You are omitting important details to push and make a deceptive point.

No that would be you.
Some have waited till the end of November, others have gone into December.
There is no story here at all except in the hateful left echo chamber.

I am afraid the liberal media is a minefield of fake or exaggerated news. Trump bashing at every opportunity.

edit on 24/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

There are extenuating circumstances for those other president-elects, solid and logical reasons. Reasons that do not apply to Trump.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

There are extenuating circumstances for those other president-elects, solid and logical reasons. Reasons that do not apply to Trump.

Lol. OK.
You can revel in fake news all you like, but it won't change reality.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Who's reality? Yours, or consensual reality?

Keep reading and watching all the fake news you want too.

There's a lot of info out there -- keep searching!

edit on 24-11-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

...and that would explain much.

Let us hope that Trump doesn't continue the pattern.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Face the Facts , your Criticisms are Politically Motivated here .

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
PDB's are now electronically distributed.

I doubt Obama, Trump, or Clinton ever 'miss' them. They just aren't all 'in person' any more.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Don't forget his 3am tweets!

What is this guy thinking. It's a wonder how he's even a billionaire.

Lol, maybe obama would have been a better potus if he went to all his briefings?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I think we need to have a bit more context on this issue before we come to any firm conclusion. Specifically, is Trump receiving his briefings in other ways?

During Obama's 1st term, many people gave him flack for not attending all of the briefings, but it turned out that he was still being briefed. While Bush liked to receive oral briefings, Obama preferred written briefings that he could read. That is why the WH records show that he did not go to many of the briefings.

So we have to ask if Trump is doing something similar.

If he is not and is not receiving any information outside of the two meetings he has attended, Trump could be putting himself at an even bigger disadvantage than he already has.

Trump has no foreign policy or security experience. It is through those briefings, written or oral, that he would need to educate himself and ask questions. If he is not doing that, he is not going to be in a position to make educated choices on important matters.
edit on 24-11-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Its all ready been stated Trump VP would have a lot of say in foreign and domestic politics. Meaning that Pence will be the most powerful VP in history. Donald seems himself as a decision maker and not so much a planner that's someone else's job. Hes a billionaire he is used to telling people what he wants to do and having them find a way to do it. I don't expect his presidency to be any different.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I think we need to have a bit more context on this issue before we come to any firm conclusion. Specifically, is Trump receiving his briefings in other ways?

During Obama's 1st term, many people gave him flack for not attending all of the briefings, but it turned out that he was still being briefed. While Bush liked to receive oral briefings, Obama preferred written briefings that he could read. That is why the WH records show that he did not go to many of the briefings.

So we have to ask if Trump is doing something similar.

If he is not and is not receiving any information outside of the two meetings he has attended, Trump could be putting himself at an even bigger disadvantage than he already has.

Trump has no foreign policy or security experience. It is through those briefings, written or oral, that he would need to educate himself and ask questions. If he is not doing that, he is not going to be in a position to make educated choices on important matters.

Where have you been? I've missed you.

I read somewhere that Obama gets no one on one briefings, rather reviews information each day in digital format.
Perhaps Trump is getting the same and it appears Pence is getting briefed daily also.

I think Trump is going to get his team in place and rely heavily on them. That makes his choices all the more important.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Not a surprise to me after reading the comments from his "ghost writer" and Richard Branson.

Trump is interested in Trump.

Branson on Trump

Some years ago, Mr Trump invited me to lunch for a one-to-one meeting at his apartment in Manhattan. We had not met before and I accepted. Even before the starters arrived he began telling me about how he had asked a number of people for help after his latest bankruptcy and how five of them were unwilling to help. He told me he was going to spend the rest of his life destroying these five people. He didn’t speak about anything else and I found it very bizarre. I told him I didn’t think it was the best way of spending his life. I said it was going to eat him up, and do more damage to him than them. There must be more constructive ways to spend the rest of your life. (Hopefully my advice didn’t lead to him running for President!)

Branson on Hillary

Later, I remember contrasting the lunch with a one-to-one lunch I shared with Hillary Clinton. Here we talked about education reform, the war on drugs, women’s rights, conflicts around the globe and the death penalty. She was a good listener as well as an eloquent speaker. As she understands well, the President of the United States needs to understand and be engaged with wider world issues, rather than be consumed by petty personal quarrels.

www.virgin.com...

edit on 24-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If I were Trump....
* Send the pro-politician Pence to the briefings to represent the Team
* Read the summaries
* Get personal briefings if-and-when a matter needs immediate attention and decision

It's a time management conundrum in my opinion, having attended many regular briefing sessions during my time in government service. I can't tell you how many times I had to sub for those above my pay grade because they had more important tasks than these briefings.
[DISCLAIMER - These were NOT National Security Briefings]

Obviously, when presented with unusual, impacting, or actionable information my task was to brief higher ups on what transpired. In our section, top management had a daily stand-up briefing at 7AM five days a week to recap any significant events or problems overnight - 3 to 5 minutes max.

All these security agencies have their own agendas (or the military industrial complex's agenda) and want to preserve both their staff/budgets and their sphere of influence. If the President Elect doesn't have faith in various agencies reports, I can see they may not be of much interest until he can put his own people that he trusts in place. It's a good job for the VP-elect IMHO.

ganjoa
edit on 24-11-2016 by ganjoa because: addded DISCLAIMER

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Its all ready been stated Trump VP would have a lot of say in foreign and domestic politics. Meaning that Pence will be the most powerful VP in history. Donald seems himself as a decision maker and not so much a planner that's someone else's job. Hes a billionaire he is used to telling people what he wants to do and having them find a way to do it. I don't expect his presidency to be any different.

Yes, I'm sure "Delegate" will be Trump's middle name, or maybe his first.

Whatever he can sluff off that does not interest him.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If you guys understand personality types, Trump is your perfect example of a ESTP. I work with a few ESTPs and they do not like getting into the nitty gritty. This is why he doesn't bother reading up on or attending intelligence briefings like this.

For me, this was a deal breaker (on top of many other reasons) as to why he was unfit to be president.

I will continue to say this until he and his staff are voted out of the govt., the banana republicans with Trump are the bringers of the swamp.

For those that are interested in what the ESTP personalities are like, here is a summary. It is 100% spot on as to Trump's personality.

www.16personalities.com...

originally posted by: Byrd

Source: news article

by KRISTEN WELKER, KEN DILANIAN and ALEXANDRA JAFFE

President-elect Donald Trump has had only two intelligence briefings since he won the election over two weeks ago, intelligence sources told NBC News Wednesday — a much lower number than his predecessors and lower even than Vice President-elect Mike Pence.

A senior intelligence official cautioned that it is too early to know what the significance of Trump's sparse briefing schedule really is, given that he is in the middle of his transition process.

But the news, first reported by the Washington Post, will likely fuel critics who've questioned Trump's knowledge of foreign affairs and national security issues.

You can gain some sense of how critical this information is by looking the declassified security briefings from past presidents. I remember that JFK felt that this and newspaper reports were of such vital interest that he took speed reading classes (which inspired me to take speed reading) so that he could be sure of having enough information to make decisions.

As to Trump's statements:

During the course of his campaign, Trump exhibited a lack of understanding basic foreign policy concepts, and was at separate times unable to distinguish between the Iranian Quds Force and the Kurdish people, or define the nuclear triad.

At one point, during an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt, Trump was unable to distinguish between Hamas, the Sunni militant group in Gaza, and Hezbollah, the Shiite group in Lebanon and Syria.

At the time, Trump told Hewitt he'd learn the difference between the two "when it's appropriate," and boasted, "I will know more about it than you know."

Additional:

Report: Trump not very interested in briefings

Trump skips intelligence briefings

Why is Donald Trump avoiding intelligence briefings on national security threats and challenges?

edit on 24-11-2016 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If you guys understand personality types, Trump is your perfect example of a ESTJ. I work with a few ESTJs and they do not like getting into the nitty gritty. For me, this was a deal breaker (on top of many other reasons) as to why he was unfit to be president.

I will continue to say this until he and his staff are voted out of the govt., the banana republicans with Trump are the swamp. Trump is going to make Obama look like Abraham Lincoln.

originally posted by: Byrd

Source: news article

by KRISTEN WELKER, KEN DILANIAN and ALEXANDRA JAFFE

President-elect Donald Trump has had only two intelligence briefings since he won the election over two weeks ago, intelligence sources told NBC News Wednesday — a much lower number than his predecessors and lower even than Vice President-elect Mike Pence.

A senior intelligence official cautioned that it is too early to know what the significance of Trump's sparse briefing schedule really is, given that he is in the middle of his transition process.

But the news, first reported by the Washington Post, will likely fuel critics who've questioned Trump's knowledge of foreign affairs and national security issues.

You can gain some sense of how critical this information is by looking the declassified security briefings from past presidents. I remember that JFK felt that this and newspaper reports were of such vital interest that he took speed reading classes (which inspired me to take speed reading) so that he could be sure of having enough information to make decisions.

As to Trump's statements:

During the course of his campaign, Trump exhibited a lack of understanding basic foreign policy concepts, and was at separate times unable to distinguish between the Iranian Quds Force and the Kurdish people, or define the nuclear triad.

At one point, during an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt, Trump was unable to distinguish between Hamas, the Sunni militant group in Gaza, and Hezbollah, the Shiite group in Lebanon and Syria.

At the time, Trump told Hewitt he'd learn the difference between the two "when it's appropriate," and boasted, "I will know more about it than you know."

Additional:

Report: Trump not very interested in briefings

Trump skips intelligence briefings

Why is Donald Trump avoiding intelligence briefings on national security threats and challenges?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Where have you been? I've missed you.

Very busy time of year for me and I've been ill at the same time.

Perhaps Trump is getting the same and it appears Pence is getting briefed daily also.

That could be true and that is why I said we need to get more info before we make any judgement. But I wonder why the Trump team would not mention that, if it were the case.

I think Trump is going to get his team in place and rely heavily on them. That makes his choices all the more important.

This was going to be the case no matter what. Trump simply does not have the experience and knowledge to address certain issues or matters. If he is not receiving the briefings and is relying solely on his team, he may be putting himself, and the US, in a very bad position.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
UHH , in case you forgot - NEWS FLASH. Donald J Trump is President Elect , not President yet. That would be the current President Obama's responsibility .
And at 2 Intelligence briefings , looks as if the President elect has attended more than the President has. In 8 years combined

That is not true. Obama has I think, daily intelligence briefings.

You do see that Pence has had more brifeings. That prior president-elects attended far more.

Did you read the op?
edit on 24-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Does President Elect Trump even have a Security Clearance Rating Yet ? Until he is Sworn in as President , his Need to Know is Limited Right Now .
Yes, he does.
edit on 24-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join