It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Has Attended Only Two Intelligence Briefings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Source: news article

Donald Trump Has Attended Only Two Intelligence Briefings
by KRISTEN WELKER, KEN DILANIAN and ALEXANDRA JAFFE

President-elect Donald Trump has had only two intelligence briefings since he won the election over two weeks ago, intelligence sources told NBC News Wednesday — a much lower number than his predecessors and lower even than Vice President-elect Mike Pence.

A senior intelligence official cautioned that it is too early to know what the significance of Trump's sparse briefing schedule really is, given that he is in the middle of his transition process.

But the news, first reported by the Washington Post, will likely fuel critics who've questioned Trump's knowledge of foreign affairs and national security issues.

You can gain some sense of how critical this information is by looking the declassified security briefings from past presidents. I remember that JFK felt that this and newspaper reports were of such vital interest that he took speed reading classes (which inspired me to take speed reading) so that he could be sure of having enough information to make decisions.

As to Trump's statements:

During the course of his campaign, Trump exhibited a lack of understanding basic foreign policy concepts, and was at separate times unable to distinguish between the Iranian Quds Force and the Kurdish people, or define the nuclear triad.

At one point, during an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt, Trump was unable to distinguish between Hamas, the Sunni militant group in Gaza, and Hezbollah, the Shiite group in Lebanon and Syria.

At the time, Trump told Hewitt he'd learn the difference between the two "when it's appropriate," and boasted, "I will know more about it than you know."

Additional:

Report: Trump not very interested in briefings

Trump skips intelligence briefings

Why is Donald Trump avoiding intelligence briefings on national security threats and challenges?

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

In his defense, and I can't believe I'm doing it, it's only been two weeks and a little. But, yeah, this is a trend that could become worrisome.

But, is he skipping, or is he being skipped? Or is this even a thing? Given the feeling towards the man in both media and other circles around DC...? It wouldn't overly surprise me if any of those were true.

+45 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
UHH , in case you forgot - NEWS FLASH. Donald J Trump is President Elect , not President yet. That would be the current President Obama's responsibility .
And at 2 Intelligence briefings , looks as if the President elect has attended more than the President has. In 8 years combined

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

seriously, he HAS NOT TAKEN OFFICE YET!!!

edit on pm1111201616America/Chicago24p04pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
There's a good reason for that as long as you understand what America's priorities should be. Trump has been busy, just not in the way that the preexisting globalist players want him to be.

The daily intelligence briefings include information on "global developments and security threats" from all 16 US intelligence agencies.

Pence has been receiving intelligence briefings daily, while Trump focuses more on America's needs instead of "global affairs."

It's about damn time.

Trump's team says the president-elect has simply been too busy putting together his administration. "National security is Donald Trump’s No. 1 priority, and I think he’s taking it very seriously," a senior member of his transition team tells the Post. The official points to Trump's meetings and phone calls with world leaders as evidence and says people criticizing Trump "need to get a life."

Link

edit on 24-11-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Does President Elect Trump even have a Security Clearance Rating Yet ? Until he is Sworn in as President , his Need to Know is Limited Right Now .

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So Trump is on his little global "networking" tour and ignoring our own intelligence community?

Sounds to me like he has his own source of information...

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

intelligence sources told NBC News Wednesday

Excellent sources again !!

Very reliable.

Very credible.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
So do both President Obama and President Elect Trump go to intelligence briefings?? Do they go to the same one or are there 2 separate meetings? I mean if there was an international incident where troops would have to be sent, it would be Obama to make that call right? he is still the President right now.

edit on pm1111201616America/Chicago24p04pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Does President Elect Trump even have a Security Clearance Rating Yet ? Until he is Sworn in as President , his Need to Know is Limited Right Now .

The President doesn't have a security clearance like Joe Blow, administrative assistant at CIA, has a security clearance.

The fact that Pence is getting briefings should tell you plenty: after the election, they're getting briefed on some highly sensitive information.

link   
Trump knows more and is better at all pursuits then those briefing him. No need to listen.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
He's so narcissistic he doesn't think the briefings have anything to offer him. Remember, "he knows more than the generals know".

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Trump is already an expert at brief intelligence, showing it only for a few moments in a conversation. Why would he need to go to learn intelligence briefing

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It is common for both nominees and the president-elect to receive intelligence briefings.

“There’s a long-standing practice of briefing each of the candidates once they are officially designated. And that sort of shifts into higher gear, in terms of detail, after the president-elect is known,” Clapper said.

www.thestar.com...

The tradition (at least of briefing nominees) was started by Truman.

I am slightly less concerned about this. If Pence is attending the briefings, to me, that is fine for now. I would think that once Trump takes office, however, he would be attending all of these (that he possibly can).

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimSmith
It is common for both nominees and the president-elect to receive intelligence briefings.

I was unaware of that. Kind of figured that would be seen as stepping on the current administrations toes. That said, it would be good to go in prepared for any eventuality instead of playing catch up.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

He's been able to have these briefings since he was the official Republican nominee.

You remember him bragging about that, right? (as of May, 2016)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

So do both President Obama and President Elect Trump go to intelligence briefings?? Do they go to the same one or are there 2 separate meetings? I mean if there was an international incident where troops would have to be sent, it would be Obama to make that call right? he is still the President right now.

There is only one security briefing per day. During the election process, Clinton attended them. Trump attended one and bragged about it in. Obama attended all of them.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Trump doesn't need the Pentagon or anyone. He has his "own sources" the best sources. Amazing sources. They do intelligence so well. People tell me -- and I know a lot of people -- that Trump's intelligence people are fantastic at intelligence.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

UHH , in case you forgot - NEWS FLASH. Donald J Trump is President Elect , not President yet. That would be the current President Obama's responsibility .
And at 2 Intelligence briefings , looks as if the President elect has attended more than the President has. In 8 years combined

It's amazing to see how many have starred your post in ignorance. Candidates can begin to receive intelligence briefings containing classified information directly after they've been nominated if they choose to.

George W. Bush and Bill Clinton received daily intelligence briefings after winning their elections, and Barack Obama was said to be an "avid consumer of intelligence."

Sorry, I just hate "group think," especially when it's wrong.

edit on 24-11-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join