It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Aliens? Real Spacecraft? Does the Extraterrestrial Hypothesis Still Hold Water?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Even if faster than light weren't a possibility, a lot of the potentially habitable planets Kepler Telescope found were within a few hundred light years of Earth.

Space touring aliens could be individuals who have come to terms with the idea that interstellar exploration is a one-way trip. That, if or when they ever return home, thousands or millions of years will have passed. But if they are true nomads, they might accept it.

These explorers might be a tiny sliver of a fraction of a percent of their home society's population. Hardly anyone from their group wishing to live like that. But out of any very large group, there are always at least a few oddballs.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Its amazing how Chris Mellon came away from the govt thinking they were not interested.

so all I can say is that I never saw any evidence of official interest in UFOs.

Its the freaking military, its what they do, either they know what the UFO is or behind the scenes they are actively trying to find out. How can they possibly defend our country if they dont know who is flying around our airspace?

Dont know if I can get myself motivated to read it, but sounds like a good book

The story, which is unmasked by the governments' own documents, explains much that is new, or at least not commonly known, about the seriousness with which the military and intelligence communities approached the UFO problem internally.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

There are reasons i find it extremely unlikely for any ETH aliens to show up at this point in our development...we are in a very specific type of Petri dish.

But who knows?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Extremely good book if you can track it down mate - would certainly recommend it.

This vid about government docs was posted on another thread but thought it made some very good points.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jamesrobert

well its a interesting theory you pose... but we don't know anything.. Even if there is visitations, the last 70 years, has pop up sooo many explanations/thesis/theories that it is impossible for me too keep track off.. But it is an intriguing subject to speculate in.. i have zero ideas why too come here actually, water? well there is a ton of that elsewhere without a population, minerals well you can find that everywhere in the universe too, to harvest us, or the entire planet for biological mass, yeah that could be an idea.. to talk to us, hmm.. maybe.. but that alone will bring problems.. we can't even communicate with whales (which have one of worlds most delicate langued ever studied), dolphins, cats and so on..

anyway, as i said its "fun" to speculate about, but we don't know squat.. adn i tend to agree with stephen hawking's, that we should really think about not to broadcast back, if we find a signal, in the next 10-30 years.. I would assume, if there is an advance civ. out there in the milky way galaxy, they could already know where we are.. and we might be studied through a "telescope", instead of coming here directly, its more safe, and less costly in resources... thats my idea, but i could be wrong..
edit on 2-12-2016 by JoeHansen because: spelling errors and other things.

But if some of these ufo's are spacecraft from another civilizations, and some form of government (us, uk, un, nato etc.) knows, and might have one, as many have said over the years, i hope that in my lifetime, they would open up, at let the public see it for themselves, and start a worldwide serious study in the subject of visitations from other worlds, and of course the technologi that the ship (or ships) brings with it.. i am 33, so there is still time for that

I just don't put my "faith" in that subject, to be brought to light, of the kinds like Tom Delonge etc.. its should be a world renowned scientist (on top of my head) like Neil deGrasse Tyson or others.. but i could be wrong, and Tom would start "the disclosure"... But in the end, who the messenger is, is really not that important for me. Just that the subject would be taking serious.

edit on 2-12-2016 by JoeHansen because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2016 by JoeHansen because: spelling errors :-)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
On Earth, we spend bilions annually on "cultural diversity". Trying to let every culture maintain it's "cultural identity", rather than assimilate. The "melting pot" model of yesteryear is being changed into a "salad bowl" today, because we don't want all of planet Earth speaking one language or marching to the beat of just one drum anymore.

Although it is possible that aliens do not think like us, I don't think the possibility that they *might* not think like us necessarily implies a rule that they therefore must always not think like us. They might arrive at the same conclusions as we do sometimes.

They might be trying to do the same thing for Earth as what liberal people on Earth try to do for foreign cultures. Let us be who we are, but gently nudge us away from killing ourselves.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Are you making fun of the fact I am blonde? OMG how embarrassing... Ill just post and bring it all back up... however it is interesting that I once dreamed of getting very wealthy and setting up desalination stations across barren lands to help the starving with clean water and new agricultural opportunities... ok your turn hit me again.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join