It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Man Charged With Threatening Trump's Life on Twitter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It's sad that it has come to this, but I am glad that the Secret Service are taking threats against Trump seriously.
This man threatened Trump on Twitter, and now faces five years in prison.

I hope that this case teaches a lesson to some others.
I don't think it will be the last time that we see this happen.

An Ohio man was in court Thursday on a federal charge that he tweeted an explicit threat to assassinate President-elect Donald Trump.

Zachary Benson, 24, of the Cleveland suburb of Fairview Park, could face five years in prison if he's convicted of the single count of making threats against the president and successors to the presidency.

Benson, who waived a preliminary hearing and faces a federal grand jury, was ordered held on $20,000 unsecured bond Thursday in U.S. District Court in Cleveland.

In an affidavit included in the criminal complaint, the U.S. Secret Service said Benson sent the threatening tweet in the wee hours of the morning on Nov. 9, the day after Election Day.

Benson's Twitter account has been deleted, but the Secret Service reproduced the tweet in the affidavit, along with others that threatened violence in general over the election results. According to the agency, the specific alleged threat to the president-elect read:

"My life goal is to assassinate Trump. Don't care if I serve infinite sentences. That man deserves to decease [sic] existing."

Ohio Man Charged With Threatening Trump's Life on Twitter

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
So this guy gets charged but the CEO doesn't?

Must pay to have money.
Idiots.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

We don't know if the CEO was charged. It might still be under investigation.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Sure, but they were in a rush to show that this man was charged.
Either way, both people should be jailed.

What I don't understand is the level of dumb that a person has to be in order to post online, publicly, their intentions or thoughts that can be easily archived (we know the gov't stores EVERY tweet) and viewed.

Oh well.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

(ill see myself out...
)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys

(ill see myself out...
)

Thanks for the awesome way to start my day.
I just hope he doesn't reply *Where? And starts looking around* Hopefully it never comes to that. I think i will follow you out that door too.

Obviously CEO that's capable says just kidding=okay

Anybody else. You're jailed.
edit on 18-11-2016 by SPHARAOH because: Wasn't happy with things typed

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SPHARAOH

Well no not everyone. These people also get away with it for some reason.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Since social media became a "thing" people have been threatening the lives of elected and non elected officials. It's nothing new, don't act like "zomg they're threatening Trump!" all of a sudden.

That being said, anyone that threatens the POTUS needs to be investigated, and prosecuted to the fullest extent possible.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Hmm. I hope those videos got reported to the Secret Service and Youtube. Are the original videos still up, I wonder?
edit on 18-11-2016 by thegeneraldisarray because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Actually guys in your first video have already been charged...But for theft of fire arms after their guns were recognized by their builder as the ones that were stolen from his shop months earlier....They were taken from the Red Jacket or some show like that in Louisianna or something like that. Here is a new link....

Link

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

So. . . . . Twitter is taking down anything to the right of Stalin, but leaves this up?

WTF?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Maybe it's because they're black and and they don't want the new president elect being viewed as racist? *Head lowers in shame and slowly walks away*
I'm glad they captured the first criminal and hopefully catch the other criminals.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Nobody tried to kill the Bushes, Clinton's or Obama . Because they were on the correct course of destroying the United States. You know you have a good leader in there when all the psycho retards start going ape to kill him.

Hopefully Trump doesn't have any close calls or worse in the future.

Everyday I wake up and pinch myself. Thinking we will actually have someone competent and respectful in the White House for a change.

edit on 18-11-2016 by Doctor Smith because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is great news. Hope he gets the full 5 years in prison and uses the time to reflect on his behaviour and the consequences of his actions. He may learn that with free speech comes accountability.

Here's hoping many more arrests are made and more jail time is served.
edit on 19/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join