It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ATS crack this uk intelligence agency code.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

the named are not important I am working on it to prove that and unify all variables

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

The names are important, mate. Even the original article says so.

Count the number of letters of all four names. I believe you'll find that the number of letters in the message is exactly 9 times that of the total names' letters.

9 happens to be the number of letters of the largest letter clusters in the message.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Okay, here's what I think it's been done.

First they wrote the message, which is 60 characters long.

They then "translated" it using a Vigenère cipher, screwing any attempts to break the code via frequency analysis. I think it's a Vigenere Cipher because the clue is "translate", and Vigenere ciphers employ a "dictionary" of the characters. The result is usually written in three lines (the key on top, the message, and the code at the bottom) - exactly like the puzzle in the OP.

I think they then used a substitution ("transcribed" is the clue) method to encrypt the whole thing, including the key (which should be the first line). Since only four letters are employed, I suspect they've used a base-four alphabet. The letters are the row number of the alphabet, but the reference to the column eludes me for now.

The spacing was added as a further key. Most encryptions discard spaces in messages, otherwise the identity of the word could be guessed based on its lenght. However here there are spaces, so I think they were artificially placed as part of the key. I noticed that the largest cluster of characters spans 9 letters. Maybe they're references to a grid with nine columns.

edit on 18-11-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I mentioned the named not the value of how their frequency bro, call them cake, stuart, and cyan for all I care. If, and, then, are the only thing that matter in regards to the problem.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

No, there's something with the names that is specific.

They share too much letters to be coincidence.

tim
ludwik
louis

samuel
tim

samuel
louis

ludwik
louis
samuel

ludwik
louis
samuel

edit on 18-11-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I was more like thinking only the three names

ludwik
louis
samuel

iudwik
iouis
samuei

notice how A and I are the only letters that are common to all three lines, just like L and U are to the names. Could be nothing...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Its been so long I had to do this sort of math bro, and i am trying to paint, but look up what I was on about earlier I think that is where this problem will find a solution.
edit on 18-11-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Ask yourself what`s the point of the clue if the names are irrelevant, why specifically mention IDENTIFYING them and links between them if it`s Samuel`s transcrpit and they all say the same thing as Tim. The condition part doesn`t make any sense unless they are relevant.

E.g.

If Tim said something like:
'Samuel, Louis and Ludwik are a bunch of idiots' ,

then that`s a big deal because you could actually get alphabet letters from the encryption sequence.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I think they are looking for someone with a high literacy in a couple of European languages, but thats probably just me.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Actually that could be base5 with space being the extra digit

E.g.

IN AAAAIAN INAAANAIA IA IAINA AI AA IAIIA IAA AAIAAINN AA IAAANN IAINANI
NA ANNNNMA NAANIANMN NN ANNAN NN AM MNNNN ANI MAAINNIA AM NNAMIA NNAANIN
AM MMIAAMA MMIMAAMMA MM AMAAA MA AM AAAMA AAA MAMAAAAM AM AAIMMM MMMMAMA

A = 0, I = 1, M =2, N =3, space = 4

Problem is that there are too many combinations when you put a number to a letter and then trying different variations to get a meaningful message out of it when translating to different formats, to Ascii for example. You could go by the process of elimination like Bortherman suggested but it would take a lot of time. If the base5 concept is wrong in the first place, then one shouldn`t be surprised at the end upon realising that he was chasing ghosts the whole time.

That`s why I think there is more to it. Names have to be some sort of key for something...not sure about vigenere cipher, not enough different letters in the encryption (ciphertext) if you ask me, unless Tim has a stuttering issue.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Regarding names being connected to the lines.

coincidence?

Doesn`t look like it. Question is what to do with it? You could do the same with keywords 'transcribed', 'wrote' and 'translated' but the result cannot be compared to the lines. It could still play a role in it though..

Guess we`ll have to wait till Tuesday to find out.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Wow.. This is a tough one and not yet cracked by the collective intelligence of ATS specifically some of the people in this thread..
Tbh the thing had me well and truly bamboozled.. Although with a little help I may know the answer.
It seems it is a quote by a famous Tim and a clue to solving it is to convert it to morse code first, then get the dots for braille and finally into esperanto..
Can anyone figure it out now?
edit on 21/11/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
NOTE TO SELF

LOG OFF you need to get out more

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Of course, names are important, just not how I thought of it.

Samuel F.B. Morse

Louis Braille

Ludwik Lazarus Zamenhof

In that order....very good

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
This is probably wrong but it was an idea how to arrange and translate Morse to Braille and then to Esperanto.

Problem is that the first 5 letter word doesn`t mean sh$t, even in Esperanto, although I didn`t take into consideration the contracted version of Braille where a single letter can be short for a specific word. (See below under Braille basics)

So If anyone has any better ideas, here are some links that might prove useful...

text to Morse
morsecode.scphillips.com...

Braille basics
braillebug.afb.org...

Esperanto Braille
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Got to go now...good luck!

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
((p ∧ q) → ((p ∧ q) → (p ∧ q)))

p q (value)
F F T
F T T
T F T
T T T

Also outside of truth tables..
Samuel is a Hebrew name
Louis is a Germanic/ French name
Ludwik is a Germanic name

I know earlier I said names don't matter, they don't in regard to figuring a logic value based on statements at that point words like if, then, if and only if, and or, and not matter the names could be Tom, dick, and Harry.

In this case the Jew transcribed what the French/ Germanic guy wrote...
AND the French/ Germanic guy wrote what the German guy translated...
and the Germanic guy translated what the greek guy said.

I think the code is actually a [REDACTED] reference this is why:

Tim (the original speaker)
"English form of the Greek name Τιμοθεος (Timotheos) meaning "honouring God", derived from τιμαω (timao) "to honour" and θεος (theos) "god". Saint Timothy was a companion of Paul on his missionary journeys and was the recipient of two of Paul's epistles that appear in the New Testament."

Ludwik (the original story teller)
"The name Ludwik is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Ludwik is: Famous fighter"

Louis ( the third party)
"The name Louis is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Louis is: Famous warrior, from the Old German 'Chlodovech'. Eighteen kings of France have borne this name, and Louis was used by the French royal family for hundreds of years. Famous Bearer: Jazz musician Louis Armstrong"
edit on 22-11-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

Samuel ( the end of the line)
"Samuel (Sometimes spelled Samual) is a male given name of Hebrew origin meaning either "name of God" or "God has heard" (שם האלוהים Shem Alohim) (שמע אלוהים Sh'ma Alohim). Samuel was the last of the ruling judges in the Old Testament. He anointed Saul to be the first King of Israel and later anointed David."

Reverse order:

Wenn Samuel schrieb, was Louis schrieb, und Louis schrieb, was Ludwik übersetzt, und Ludwik übersetzt, was Tim sagte, was dann Tim sagte?

Quand Samuel a écrit ce que Louis a écrit, et Louis a écrit ce que Ludwik traduit, et Ludwik traduit ce que Tim a dit, alors ce que dit Tim?

כאשר סמואל כתב לואיס כתב, ולואי כתב כי לודוויק תורגם, תורגם לודוויק מה אמר טים, אז מה אמר טים?

I think somewhere in how the words change in between the translation from one language to the other have something to do with solving, it is apparent the words where chosen very carefully. I have been using a run of the mill google translate because I have understood this to be made for people to solve so using complex systems may be the wrong tool.

Then venn diagrams above were pretty rad to see too =D those bastards always used to get me in school, I hated them!
edit on 22-11-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Now that I`ve seen the answer I know how it`s done and got to admit, it`s a pretty crafty idea.

But before I show you how, go to the above link and try to figure it out. At first I couldn`t myself. I thought how the # did they come up with this answer...So try, it should be fun.

Answer below

I
I
I
V

I
I
I
V

I
I
I
V

I
I
I
V

I
I
I
V

Ok so I was reading the article again and something caught my eye

So using a chart of International Morse Code (or an online translator if you’re feeling lazy!) you need to take the seemingly random letters of Samuel’s transcription and turn it into Morse Code.

Yeah...seemingly random...in my attempt the mistake was that I converted all the text to morse code and tried to solve it horizontally. It was wrong. The translation to morse needs to happen letter by letter vertically so all 3 letters become one letter after Morse and Braille transformation. Pic below should explain everything, hopefully.

Once you get the message, all you need to do is translate it to english. Oh and spacings are just that, spacings...stylish

It was fun, little short on time to solve it but to be honest, it could take months or years...so if that`s lvl 4 with a clue, then what`s lvl 6 without one? Find alien signal from a pile of turd?

I do wonder though, if anyone has managed to solve it in time?
edit on 23-11-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

I know earlier I said names don't matter, they don't in regard to figuring a logic value based on statements at that point words like if, then, if and only if, and or, and not matter the names could be Tom, dick, and Harry.

While I agree, the logic value alone couldn`t help you solve the puzzle. The names, although indirectly, are the rules here. Rules as the code/language environments where you have to process the information to get the answer.

So yeah they matter, if you want to solve the puzzle. I was just wrong in my assesment that they apply into the code directly, the part where you got it right. However, both of us wouldn`t get far without the whole solution to the problem.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d
Problem solving with friends online is fun this way though even if the answers are not correct initially seeing everyone's processes and views is always enlightening.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join